Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Danzig

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Anybody know why Danzig puts zero effort into either repressing any of his back catalogue on vinyl OR even just ensuring they're all on streaming platforms? It's one thing to just say you don't care that much, but if nothing else movie making isn't cheap and those things could at least help increase funding to his film projects.

Is it a weird rights thing? I'm assuming it is. Is he the metal Morrissey, making countless one-off record deals that forever tie up re-release or digital streaming b/c he'd rather the company he inevitably severs ties with gets no additional funds rather than his fans getting their hands on the music? I just don't understand it.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Yeah, something like that. It seems like only I-IV are only ever available. Plus he’s old school.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Going to be listing some rare vinyl and CD promo stuff on eBay tomorrow if anyone’s interested, including the Brand New God / UYCOTD promo vinyl.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www....-2931972%3famp

Glenn Danzig says modern “punk explosion” won’t happen due to “cancel culture and woke bullshit”

"There won't be any new bands coming out like that. Now, they will immediately get canceled"

Glenn Danzig has shared his thoughts on cancel culture, saying its presence will stop another “punk explosion” from happening.
    The singer was discussing his new vampire spaghetti western film in an interview with Rolling Stone in which he reflected on Misfits classic ‘Last Caress’.
    Recalling how the band “would do things just to piss people off,” Danzig said the song has an attitude of “fuck everybody. Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, fuck the world.”

He then went on to say that he believes that songs of that ilk aren’t possible to create any more. “I don’t think people will ever see anything like it again,” he said. “There won’t be any new bands coming out like that. Now, they will immediately get canceled.

“People don’t understand, because everything’s so cancel-culture, woke bullshit nowadays, but you could never have the punk explosion nowadays, because of cancel culture and woke bullshit,” he added.

“You could never have it. It would never have happened. We’re lucky it happened when it did, because it’ll never happen again. You won’t have any of those kinds of bands ever again. Everyone’s so uptight and P.C., it’s just like, ‘OK, whatever.'”

Danzig recently shared the first trailer for new film Death Rider In The House Of Vampires. Speaking of the film back in December 2019, he said: “It’s much different, of course, because there’s no comic book to follow. So we had pretty free rein in the movie.
    “All the characters have like a traditional vampire name and a traditional western name. A lot of guest cameos in it — some friends of mine came in and did some cameos in the movie. It’s based on the European cinema.”
    Last year, Danzig released a new album made up of Elvis Presley covers.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Last edited by Erneuert; 07-29-2021 at 09:48 AM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Last edited by Erneuert; 08-19-2021 at 06:51 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post

His voice sounded pretty great here.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Just did the whole Lucifuge album live in order.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/danzi...v-b8ca1c2.html

Last edited by Erneuert; 08-22-2021 at 06:14 PM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Of course all the recent live videos have been removed.

Surely the Lucifuge show was professionally recorded for a live album?!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Danzig 2022 US Tour Dates with Cradle of Flith and Crobot:

05/05 – Reno, NV @ Grand Sierra Resort
    05/07 – Ontario, CA @ Toyota Arena *
    05/08 – Mesa, AZ @ Mesa Amphitheatre
    05/10 – Denver, CO @ The Mission Ballroom
    05/11 – Kansas City, MO @ Uptown Theater
    05/14 – Cincinnati, OH @ Andrew J Brady Icon Music Center
    05/15 – Atlanta, GA @ The Eastern
    05/17 – New Orleans, LA @ The Fillmore at Harrah’s
    05/18 – Houston, TX @ 713 Music Hall
    05/19 – Austin, TX @ Stubb’s Waller Creek Amphitheater

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Huh. I always thought all versions of Satans Child had Into The Mouth Of Abandonement misspelled with the extra “e”, but this vinyl signed version I’m selling spells it correctly.

Also, @Space Suicide , do you know what those symbols are on the coffin to the left?

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    This, I mean: