Page 34 of 54 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1620

Thread: Depeche Mode

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Put on Spirit for the first time in a year. This album is fucking great. Best album since Playing The Angel. Really dark, no ballady shit, no pop or cringeworthy attempts at blues. Maybe I wasnt in the mood to listen to it last year when I dismissed it after one listen and they did themselves no favors by releasing the worst song on the album as the lead single but this record stands alongside Ultra and PTA as the 2 best post Alan Wilder albums
    Man, I really wish I could say the same, but I think if anything it's only shrunk on me. :/ Still sounds half-finished and thrown together for me.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shunt View Post
    That's weird, the last time I listened to Spirit I definitely heard ballads, attempts at blues and of course pop (because DM is a pop band in the first place).
    'Heaven' from Delta Machine was a total ballad. Similar to some of the stuff on Exciter....The slow stuff on Spirit like "The Worst Crime" and "Cover Me" are a lot darker...Similar to the slower songs on Ultra "Sister of Night" and PTA "Darkest Star"...Nobody does dark better than Depeche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    To be honest, this is the first time I've read a fan talking about DM ballads in a negative way, and it baffles me. I think they are such an integral part of the band, and there's not a single album with a few of them.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    So I just peeked at the Honda Center setlist from last night and holy wow. My excitement for Toronto just went through the roof.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    To be honest, this is the first time I've read a fan talking about DM ballads in a negative way, and it baffles me. I think they are such an integral part of the band, and there's not a single album with a few of them.
    i tend to skip most of the ballads on DM records because i find them less compelling. same thing with tom waits (which is why i basically don't like any of his output pre-swordfish trombones).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And just to complement the thread, yesterday the band played a certain long demanded balllad for the first time in 30 years and the community's gone nuts.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    That setlist is fantastic, about as good as it can get with a shorter show length. Whoever gets to see this run is very lucky if they keep this level of quality up.

For me, when their ballads work, they’re amazing centerpieces. When they don’t, they drag whole records down.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I don't know I was pretty disappointed with Spirit. It's got a few good songs, but nothing else really jumped out at me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    And just to complement the thread, yesterday the band played a certain long demanded balllad for the first time in 30 years and the community's gone nuts.
    Man oh man I would kill to see last night’s setlist! I really enjoyed the songs I got on their first leg in the fall, but I love Ultra and the song you’re referring to. Wow. Lucky crowd for sure!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    A few months ago, Depeche Mode kicked off what will surely be a lengthy campaign of releasing comprehensive 12" single boxsets. The first two (Speak & Spell and A Broken Frame) didn't really have anything too notable, other than a flexi disc reproduction of I Sometimes Wish I Was Dead in the first one. The price for those on Amazon is slowly dropping, but I'm not ready to bite just yet.

But now the next two are coming out Dec 14 (Construction Time Again and Some Great Reward) and have a whole boatload of material by comparison. There's practically an entire live album from London 1982 included, even. The price is about double the other two sets, naturally, but now I'm thinking I'll need to pick these up..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Man, I was just thinking back to the Philly show from this year. It was SO good.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Been on a bit of a hunt for Instrumental versions of DM's songs and i'm missing quite a lot. Anyone got the instrumental to 'Welcome to my World', got the rest of the album except that one..

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Don't have that one either... a funny thing: this last week I recorded one song each day for a person I love the most, I mean my voice over instrumental, always about 5 tracks of attempted singing (plus "production" like silibances and EQ and dynamics and delays and stuff), and what's bad is that I seem to like the result less and less with each day and it's not really very good anymore... but it will remain private, and she seems to love it. :-) And I chose: Broken, It doesn't matter two, Slow, Sweetest perfection, Come back, Waiting for the night.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaps View Post
    Been on a bit of a hunt for Instrumental versions of DM's songs and i'm missing quite a lot. Anyone got the instrumental to 'Welcome to my World', got the rest of the album except that one..
    Google "Depeche Mode Sans Vocals" - it was a bootleg that was produced back in 2000/2001 by myself and another DM fan. It's an awesome megamix of instrumentals

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Are there any Depeche Mode fan podcasts out there? I’d love to hear some deep dives into their music in podcast form...

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Scored this DEVOTIONAL TOUR Tour book off of facebook market place for $5 today and was super stoked to see that it came with it's original slipcover. I absolutely love Anton Corbjin's work with DM so I figured I would share a few shots from the book...

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Can I have it?

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    DEPECHE MODE at (in?) your cinema:

https://www.spiritsintheforest.com/

"Artfully shot and expertly edited, Depeche Mode: SPIRITS in the Forest goes beyond the typical concert film, weaving together exhilarating musical performances, filmed at the final shows of the Global Spirit Tour in Berlin’s famed Waldbühne (“Forest Stage”), with intimate documentary footage filmed in fans’ hometowns across the globe."

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    One night only? It's playing two nights at the theaters near me (21st and 24th). I ordered two tickets. Why not, I guess?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    So went to see the film in London. Was a bit miffed as I didn't know my local cinema were selling tickets only on the screening day, so bought a ticket the day before for a cinema close to Central London for a bit more money and for a VIP ticket. Got into the screen late as I didn't realise the screening would actually start at the actual time of 7pm on the ticket, not 7.20 or so due to trailers. Film was very good! I recognised some of the fans from the Facebook DM takeover, anyways as I got in late I sat quickly in a seat in a row below where i was supposed to sit. At the end at the credits, a guy gets up and says loudly something like thanks to the band, esp Andy Fletcher who is here tonight! Flech was sitting in the row behind me, in the row I was supposed to sit in, three seats away from what should have been my seat!!. Everyone was shocked!!! Wow, what an honour to watch the screening with a member of the band in the audience!!! A good end to a shitty day for me.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miss k bee View Post
    So went to see the film in London. Was a bit miffed as I didn't know my local cinema were selling tickets only on the screening day, so bought a ticket the day before for a cinema close to Central London for a bit more money and for a VIP ticket. Got into the screen late as I didn't realise the screening would actually start at the actual time of 7pm on the ticket, not 7.20 or so due to trailers. Film was very good! I recognised some of the fans from the Facebook DM takeover, anyways as I got in late I sat quickly in a seat in a row below where i was supposed to sit. At the end at the credits, a guy gets up and says loudly something like thanks to the band, esp Andy Fletcher who is here tonight! Flech was sitting in the row behind me, in the row I was supposed to sit in, three seats away from what should have been my seat!!. Everyone was shocked!!! Wow, what an honour to watch the screening with a member of the band in the audience!!! A good end to a shitty day for me.
    So how much actual concert footage from the last two shows in Germany is shown? Is it like watching an actual gig or is it all mixed in together with the fan documentaries?

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    So how much actual concert footage from the last two shows in Germany is shown? Is it like watching an actual gig or is it all mixed in together with the fan documentaries?
    Just got back from a screening here in San Diego and it was very well done. The stories of the fans intertwined with the concert footage was nicely done and I felt the need to make a NIN doc. of fans for the next tour!

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Just got back from a screening here in San Diego and it was very well done. The stories of the fans intertwined with the concert footage was nicely done and I felt the need to make a NIN doc. of fans for the next tour!

Hopefully the physical release gives an option just to watch the concert uninterrupted from beginning to end like previous concert releases.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I saw it last night, too. I was surprised that it started right at 7:30 and that it was less than an hour and a half (it was over before 9). I'd be shocked if there wasn't a disc of just the concert with any physical release. Oh, and I still love how it says one night, but most of the theaters that have it here are also showing it on Sunday night.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zaps30 View Post
    I saw it last night, too. I was surprised that it started right at 7:30 and that it was less than an hour and a half (it was over before 9). I'd be shocked if there wasn't a disc of just the concert with any physical release. Oh, and I still love how it says one night, but most of the theaters that have it here are also showing it on Sunday night.
    Yes I was surprised it started at the screening opening time and missed the first 25 minutes!! Unfortunately can't see it on Sunday or Tuesday. Hopefully they release it on DVD

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    About 60% fan documentary with concert footage from Berlin. Most concert footage in the last half hour.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    weird, mine had previews and everything. The movie itself didn't start until 7:15ish...