Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1270

Thread: Depeche Mode

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    He can have whatever attitude he wants, the fact is, and plenty of other people I know, continue to buy Martin Gore projects and have zero desire to buy Dave's other projects. He's just not that interesting without Martin and DM.

The Soulsavers are boring AF, That Metallica cover is Boring AF, his solo records are boring AF. His written songs on DM records are just now becoming decent. And by decent I mean If the album is playing through I dont always skip them, but I very rarely seek one of his penned tracks out.

Im curious to see how he handles the Neil cover on the new soul savers album but I have zero expectations.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. if DM breaks up I'll be bummed, but ill be ok as long as Martin continues to put out records. Even Martins covers albums are fantastic. I'd kill for a counterfeit 3.

In a perfect world we will get at least 1 more DM record and tour, mostly so I can take my new wife, who loves DM after meeting me and has never had the opportunity to see them perform. I've seen them plenty, so this perfect world request is more for her happiness than mine.
    Last edited by DVYDRNS; 10-13-2021 at 01:54 PM.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Really? You think all the stuff on Paper Monsters, Hourglass and The Light The Dead See are boring?

TLTDS is flawless IMO.

Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    "Hourglass" is a bit boring, it has some great tracks, but most of the album puts me to sleep.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Hourglass is a masterpiece and better than any album Depeche Mode has done since Ultra (w the exception of Playing The Angel)

People think Dave needs Martin.....Well Martin needs Alan Wilder just as bad, if not more

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    He can have whatever attitude he wants, the fact is, and plenty of other people I know, continue to buy Martin Gore projects and have zero desire to buy Dave's other projects. He's just not that interesting without Martin and DM.

The Soulsavers are boring AF, That Metallica cover is Boring AF, his solo records are boring AF. His written songs on DM records are just now becoming decent. And by decent I mean If the album is playing through I dont always skip them, but I very rarely seek one of his penned tracks out.

Im curious to see how he handles the Neil cover on the new soul savers album but I have zero expectations.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. if DM breaks up I'll be bummed, but ill be ok as long as Martin continues to put out records. Even Martins covers albums are fantastic. I'd kill for a counterfeit 3.

In a perfect world we will get at least 1 more DM record and tour, mostly so I can take my new wife, who loves DM after meeting me and has never had the opportunity to see them perform. I've seen them plenty, so this perfect world request is more for her happiness than mine.

In a perfect world they stop with the box sets and such and finally just do another greatest hits tour to call it a day. It was really disappointing that they did not even consider to do something for 101 at 30 years. They were touring at the time and couldve booked a show and sold it out. They played to about the same amount of people at the 4 LA dates just the year prior so it wouldnt have been a problem in filling the Rose Bowl, especially with another generation of fans that only gets to watch the vhs/dvd of it. Plus tons of international fans wouldve come. We dont really need a new album anyway, but it seems that its the only way theyll get off their asses to perform, and they can just get away with not having new material at this point in their careers anyway.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    In a perfect world they stop with the box sets and such and finally just do another greatest hits tour to call it a day. It was really disappointing that they did not even consider to do something for 101 at 30 years. They were touring at the time and couldve booked a show and sold it out. They played to about the same amount of people at the 4 LA dates just the year prior so it wouldnt have been a problem in filling the Rose Bowl, especially with another generation of fans that only gets to watch the vhs/dvd of it. Plus tons of international fans wouldve come. We dont really need a new album anyway, but it seems that its the only way theyll get off their asses to perform, and they can just get away with not having new material at this point in their careers anyway.
    Just like The Cure have been doing since 2008, haha.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    As far as Martin needing Alan, those leaks of the delta machine demos were very interesting indeed. Like I said. I like Martins solo albums, and Alan has never been involved in those. I think if anything, Depeche Mode doesn’t need anybody, they should self produce the next record. Without outside influence. Let Daniel produce it so it’s full circle back to the beginning.

raw and real Depeche. Maybe Dave will like that. He’s always wanted more edge, well those demos sounded pretty edgy.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    The Cure have managed to vary up their setlists dramatically in the last decade so even though they don't have new music, they still have a huge catalog to choose from. Depeche Mode has been playing static sets since the mid 90's. I wish they would vary it up more and play deep cuts. How many times do we have to hear 'Personal Jesus' or 'Enjoy The Silence' and "Never Let Me Down Again'. I would love to hear them play songs like 'Clean' and 'Sister of Night' and 'Blasphemous Rumors' etc. I remember on the 09 tour they brought back 'Master and Servant' and 'Strangelove' and them dropped them relatively quickly. I am all for a deep cuts tour but it will never happen. If they continue, it will be the usual stadium show with greatest hits setlists

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    The Cure have managed to vary up their setlists dramatically in the last decade so even though they don't have new music, they still have a huge catalog to choose from. Depeche Mode has been playing static sets since the mid 90's. I wish they would vary it up more and play deep cuts. How many times do we have to hear 'Personal Jesus' or 'Enjoy The Silence' and "Never Let Me Down Again'. I would love to hear them play songs like 'Clean' and 'Sister of Night' and 'Blasphemous Rumors' etc. I remember on the 09 tour they brought back 'Master and Servant' and 'Strangelove' and them dropped them relatively quickly. I am all for a deep cuts tour but it will never happen. If they continue, it will be the usual stadium show with greatest hits setlists
    We need something like this again with Martin pulling out the deep cuts.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)