Quote Originally Posted by Carpathian Psychonaut View Post
The thing about Come Back is that there are versions to suit everybody, and all of them pretty easily available to find in good quality.

The demo version: more stripped down electronic and direct (possibly my favourite version for it's stereo panning work and general colder tone)

The album version: big brash & dirty, purposefully in-your-face desperate & yearning.

The 'studio sessions' version: cleaner & more soulful with room for the more subtle spot effects to breathe

Dave Gahan's 2007 Hourglass demo version: If anything a more mid-period DM sounding version than the final album one.

Gotta love a bit of Come Back action!

Edit: I forgot the mono Ch3 rip of the vocal track from the 5.1 that is actually pretty good in it's own way. Very clean clear vocals but just some of the distorted guitar & spot work leaking through the same channel.
Shit, totally forgot about the boxset demo... I always listen to Dave's demo, which is my favorite. The sound of the studio session is awesome, but again it's structure is way too long and plodding for me.