Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 1622

Thread: Depeche Mode

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Good remixes of DM are depressingly rare lately.

I've gotten a ton of mileage out of Monosurround's Maximalism remix of Peace as well as Electronic Periodic's Dark Drone mix of Perfect, but to add to the list I'd have to go back to the Exciter era (not that the pickings were particularly robust even then).

An up-tempo club mix of Wagging Tongue that's not just anonymous, minimalist techno would be wonderful.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    There are some new My Cosmos Is Mine remixes out there now also.

The strings mix of Ghosts Again is beautiful.

Out of all the different songs Martin can do, why is he just sticking to Soul With Me and AQOL so far this tour I wonder?

Last edited by Erneuert; 05-17-2023 at 03:00 AM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    My Favourite Stranger done in place of Speak To Me. Home also done by Martin.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Wagging Tongue single coming soon. Video for the song out May 24.

Dave and Martin appear for about 2 seconds. Don’t Say You Love Me is interesting playing at the end.
    Last edited by Erneuert; 05-25-2023 at 06:31 PM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    "Life 2.0”, a new Depeche Mode song coming later this year, per Martin on the SmartLess podcast.

https://podcasts.apple.com/ro/podcas...e/id1521578868
    Last edited by Erneuert; 05-25-2023 at 06:33 PM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Around the 44 minute mark:

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Twickenham was fantastic. Was lucky to be in the golden circle so had a good view. Loved hearing Stripped and Waiting for the Night, Never Let Me Down etc. Really liked to stage design and lightning as well. Don't rate the stadium has a venue though, getting back took ages, not good crowd control

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    So...last week I happened to notice that almost every track from Memento Mori is still getting regular play in my own personal listening time. It's been out a few months now so I went back and gave the whole thing another spin. Am I crazy for having the opinion that this is their best album since Violator?

I mean really the only track I don't like is Caroline's Monkey. It's not a bad tune but every time I hear it I just think "I never want to hear Dave Gahan sing the name Caroline again as long as I live." haha, just too repetitive in a bad way for me. But it's a nit-pick.

But all the other tracks? I mean, the harmonies, the tones, the nice blend of old school Depeche Mode minimalism with new sounds. I just love it when a band with this much history can still sound vital and fresh.

Also, full disclosure, I'm not a die hard DM fan or anything. Was way late to the party. Typically, I have a hard time getting into the stuff post Violator. But this one feels like it was tailored to my exact taste.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    New remix single.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    that remix sucks, kills the introspective atmosphere of the original, not for me.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Yeah, I've never really been a fan of bands putting out endless remixes. I just don't get it.

What I want to hear are all of those Vinegar Hill sessions. That version of Ghosts Again has the best tones.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    was neat to see the boys on CBS Sunday Morning today.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Fuck. I thought this session would get rid of the scratchy guitar (which, IMO, ruins the song). Hopefully one of the remixes will
    make it listenable.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    My Favourite Stranger remix bundle out today.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Finally they upped the pace of it!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just wanted to bump this thread again to express my love for Memento Mori. The album has been in constant rotation for me in 2023 and is, imho, one of their best.
    My highlights are Ghosts Again, Don't Say You Love Me, Before We Drown and People Are Good.

I hope it's not their last, but if it is, it's a fitting last hurrah.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Well shit, my one single show this tour finally happened the other day. Gotta say, "My Favourite Stranger" may not be my favorite song on the album, but holy fuck was it good live. Like really good. Like now I want to hear a Trent & Atticus remix of it with some additional vocals (ŕ la the Elfman "True" remix or "I'm Afraid of Americans.") Yeah, that song kicked my ass live.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Fuck. I thought this session would get rid of the scratchy guitar (which, IMO, ruins the song). Hopefully one of the remixes will
    make it listenable.
    I'm also not really into the album version – the screechy guitar kinda throws off the vibe for me too. But damn do they go heavier with it live! The beat sounds a bit beefed up and the live drums work really well.

Quote Originally Posted by burnmotherfucker! View Post
    I mean really the only track I don't like is Caroline's Monkey. It's not a bad tune but every time I hear it I just think "I never want to hear Dave Gahan sing the name Caroline again as long as I live." haha, just too repetitive in a bad way for me. But it's a nit-pick.
    For what it's worth (which isn't much), that's one of my favorites on the album. Totally unique for DM which is what makes me love it.

Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    that remix sucks, kills the introspective atmosphere of the original, not for me.
    Yeah I was hoping for something a lot more in line with the original atmosphere for a one-off remix...... aaand I should have known better

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    While it’s hard to get terribly excited about *more* covers of DM, especially while Memento Mori is still quite fresh - I thought it was at least worth mentioning that Alex Reed (whose current project Seeming is pretty great, if hard to pigeonhole genre-wise) just released a solo live piano/keys “recital” of some obvious hits as well as deep cuts (Only When I Lose Myself! Insight!):

https://alexreed.bandcamp.com/album/...f-depeche-mode

His voice is well-suited to the material, and the arrangements are gorgeous. Only $5, and he implies he might not leave it up indefinitely. Definitely worth at least checking out before it disappears.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    ^^^ Martin singing Heaven is so fucking good, I just wish it was a full-production version, not just "Peter piano." It should have been his song since day 1, even on the album.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Got the Strange/Strange Too blu-ray the other day, interesting little package, not too expensive either ($14 on Amazon right now). I didn't see anything about it being released, but saw it on my Discogs "New Releases" page.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Before We Drown live debut along with Behind The Wheel tour debut (in place of WIME for Fletch) and Somebody.

Last edited by Erneuert; 01-29-2024 at 06:48 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Before We Drown remixes out today…… including this beauty from none other than Alessandro mf’n Cortini!