Page 40 of 54 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1620

Thread: Depeche Mode

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    I hate when people do that. Like, I know his name looks like that but if you're making something for the RNRHOF, maybe put a little more effort into making sure everything is correct.

I remember watching a YT video about Scott Weiland and people in the comments section kept trying to say that it's supposed to be pronounced "Way-lund" instead of "Why-lund." I wanted to point them in the direction of videos where Scott himself was saying "Why-lund" but I'm not a YT member. What I find really odd, though, is Jeff Ament. I've heard Jeff say "Ay-ment", but sometimes the guys in Pearl Jam will say "Uh-ment."
    Same kinda thing with Tori Amos. Tori herself has always said "Ay-miss" but journalists the world over have said "Ay-mose" and have never really been corrected. I've never once even considered Scott's name to be Way-lund, so I'm relieved that it really is Why-lund haha.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Anyone else see that book Corbijn and Depeche put out? Effing hell... Price was absurd.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    It’s pronounced “gaan” or how Americans say “gone”
    That, uh, looks like the way Australians pronounce "gone".

I always pronounced it "gain" or "gā-in"

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    Anyone else see that book Corbijn and Depeche put out? Effing hell... Price was absurd.
    I remember before clicking on the original advert i thought it would be a daft price like 100 quid or something but 750? makes no sense, in these times especially. I'll wait till some kind hearted fan buys one and scans the lot.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Same kinda thing with Tori Amos. Tori herself has always said "Ay-miss" but journalists the world over have said "Ay-mose" and have never really been corrected. I've never once even considered Scott's name to be Way-lund, so I'm relieved that it really is Why-lund haha.
    i'm learning a lot today and i'm ashamed that i didn't know any of it.

have always said "ga-han" & "ay-muss"

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Relevant

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Bjork rhymes with 'jerk', but most people mispronounce it to rhyme with fork.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Bjork rhymes with 'jerk', but most people mispronounce it to rhyme with fork.
    ok now you're just fucking with us

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    ok now you're just fucking with us
    I tell no tales

Last edited by imail724; 10-26-2020 at 06:19 PM.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaps View Post
    I remember before clicking on the original advert i thought it would be a daft price like 100 quid or something but 750? makes no sense, in these times especially. I'll wait till some kind hearted fan buys one and scans the lot.
    Yeah, it's bananas. However, I saw something from Anton on social media that said there would be a cheaper, standard edition coming later.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Anyone's SOFAD box ship out today/recently from Amazon? I didn't get my order in until a week ago; it's been updated to a Nov 24-25 delivery now :/

I'm really anxious to see what they do for Ultra; that's when they started scaling the 12" back to just a single release (besides Barrel of a Gun) - so it'll probably either be a smaller 5LP set again, or they'll flesh it out with the the promo LP for It's No Good Club 69 mixes and/or the double 12" Only When I Lose Myself release (maybe the latter is unlikely; Shake the Disease/It's Called a Heart didn't get attached to an album set, and OWILM doesn't seem to have any real association with Ultra, either - aside from a remix of Painkiller).
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 10-30-2020 at 09:49 AM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Just saying... watching the R&R HOF induction... I felt Dave Gahan took all the glory and Martin Gore was clenching his teeth? It seemed unfair to me that Martin wasn't speaking much on the acceptance. Maybe that's just me...

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    Just saying... watching the R&R HOF induction... I felt Dave Gahan took all the glory and Martin Gore was clenching his teeth? It seemed unfair to me that Martin wasn't speaking much on the acceptance. Maybe that's just me...
    Martin does that a lot, lol.

Did anything else of note happen on it?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    He didn’t take all the glory. He’s the extroverted front man of a band with two introverts. It’s kinda always been this way. Fletch usually only talks when Dave isn’t around. And Martin when he’s on his own.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post

Did anything else of note happen on it?
    Yeah Alan was nowhere to be found. And Charlize Theron is a big fan

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I feel a bit sad that TR wasn’t a talking head on the Depeche Mode front, or was he? I can’t watch and haven’t heard anything

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I feel a bit sad that TR wasn’t a talking head on the Depeche Mode front, or was he? I can’t watch and haven’t heard anything
    Nope, it was Charlize Theron of all people giving the induction speech, and there were statements from Vince, (and an archival clip of Alan), Chris Martin of Coldplay, and Lauren from chvrches. Maybe more, but not Trent (or even Robert Smith sadly)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Nope, it was Charlize Theron of all people giving the induction speech, and there were statements from Vince, (and an archival clip of Alan), Chris Martin of Coldplay, and Lauren from chvrches. Maybe more, but not Trent (or even Robert Smith sadly)
    I can’t help feeling they were a bit robbed of respect, 80s British synth pop has always got short shrift critically, and probably even more so in Britain sadly! I don’t mind the Charlize Theron thing though and it would have been kind of fun if Scarlett Johansson had done NIN as a weird match. But Coldplay?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2020/11/17/martin-gore-third-chimpanzee-ep/

New MG EP January 29, The Third Chimpanzee. Limited azure blue 12" vinyl for pre-order via Mute shop. Cover art is done by an actual capuchin monkey in Canada.

1. Howler
    2. Mandrill
    3. Capuchin
    4. Vervet
    5. Howler's End
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 11-17-2020 at 09:35 AM.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Had no idea there was an instrumental version of Recoil's Liquid album until a few days ago. I always preferred the instrumental Recoil albums (Hydrology/1+2) more than the albums with guest vocalists. Instrumental Liquid puts that album in a whole new light for me

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2020/11/17/martin-gore-third-chimpanzee-ep/

New MG EP January 29, The Third Chimpanzee. Limited azure blue 12" vinyl for pre-order via Mute shop. Cover art is done by an actual capuchin monkey in Canada.

1. Howler
    2. Mandrill
    3. Capuchin
    4. Vervet
    5. Howler's End
    Reminds me of that Howler remix Breyer P-Orridge did for While I'm Still Here. Interesting concept.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    question, are there any soundboard recordings of Martins counterfeit 2 tour anywhere?

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    https://dmlive.wiki/wiki/Main_Page

thats to Depeche Mode what RITC is to NIN
    Last edited by Helpmeiaminhell (is now in hell); 12-09-2020 at 03:54 PM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    ^^^^ That song would sound great with Dave Gahan singing it

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    there's a kid (Keaton) on this season of Kids Baking Championship who looks like tiny Martin and i just keep making jokes that he IS Martin and actually making my wife laugh, which is quite an accomplishment

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    SOFAD box is $132.50 on Amazon which still seems like a lot, but it's the lowest I've seen it go so far. I've got a pretty sizeable gift card balance racked up so I'm hoping they announce ULTRA soon.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    So many DM and Cure thread posts but no new album news from either of them!

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Martin just dropped a solo instrumental EP and he also said he hasn't even started on a new Depeche Mode record so its gonna be a LONGGGGGG time until they ever drop something new. Probably 2023

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    When worlds collide -