Page 39 of 55 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1622

Thread: Depeche Mode

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    ^ well if everything remains as usual we should have a new dm album next year so that should make up for no Dave solo album

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Shocked Dave has not dropped any new info about a new solo album yet. Its been 4 years since the last one
    He said early in the year that a new Soulsavers record was at least planned to be out at the end of the year. This was when that one track came out with Dave on it.

But we know everything has changed since then...

Do you think we'll get a new DM record next year? Maybe the end of the 2021 at the earliest. I can't see them coming together to work until things with COVID have calmed down a bit.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Songs of Faith and Devotion 12" Singles - October 30, 2020 ($175)

A1 - I Feel You (Throb Mix) [Mark Stent]
    A2 - I Feel You (Seven Inch Mix)
    B1 - I Feel You (Babylon Mix) [Supereal/John Crossley]
    B2 - One Caress

C1 - I Feel You (Life's Too Short Mix) [Brian Eno]
    C2 - I Feel You (Swamp Mix) [Brian Eno]
    D1 - I Feel You (Afghan Surgery Mix) [Danny Briottet (Renegade Soundwave)]
    D2 - I Feel You (Helmet at the Helm Mix) [Mark Stent]

E1 - Walking in My Shoes (Grungy Gonads Mix) [Jonny Dollar/Portishead]
    E2 - Walking in My Shoes (Seven Inch Mix) [Mark Stent]
    F1 - My Joy (Seven Inch Mix)
    F2 - My Joy (Slow Slide Mix) [Steve Lyon/Depeche Mode]

G1 - Walking in My Shoes (Extended Twelve Inch Mix) [Mark Stent]
    G2 - Walking in My Shoes (Random Carpet Mix) [William Orbit]
    H1 - Walking in My Shoes (Anandamidic Mix) [Spirit Feel]
    H2 - Walking in My Shoes (Ambient Whale Mix) [Mark Stent]

I1 - Condemnation (Paris Mix) [Alan Wilder/Steve Lyon]
    I2 - Death's Door (Jazz Mix) [Depeche Mode/Steve Lyon]
    J1 - Rush (Spiritual Guidance Mix) [Jack Dangers (Meat Beat Manifesto)]
    J2 - Rush (Amylnitrate Mix - Instrumental) [Tony Garcia/Guido Osorio]
    J3 - Rush (Wild Planet Mix - Vocal)
    [Tony Garcia/Guido Osorio]

K1 - Condemnation (Live) [Milan, 4/6/93]
    K2 - Personal Jesus (Live)
    [Milan, 4/6/93]
    L1 - Enjoy the Silence (Live) [Milan, 4/6/93]
    L2 - Halo (Live)
    [Milan, 4/6/93]

M1 - In Your Room (Zephyr Mix) [Butch Vig/Doug Erikson (Garbage)]
    M2 - In Your Room (Apex Mix) [Brian Eno/Markus Dravs]
    M3 - In Your Room (The Jeep Rock Mix) [Jonny Dollar/Portishead]
    N1 - Higher Love (Adrenaline Mix) [
    François Kevorkian/Goh Hotoda]
    N2 - In Your Room (Extended Zephyr Mix)

O1 - In Your Room (Live) [Li
    évin, 29/7/93]
    O2 - Policy of Truth (Live)
    [Liévin, 29/7/93]
    O3 - World in My Eyes (Live) [Liévin, 29/7/93]
    P1 - Fly on the Windscreen (Live)
    [Liévin, 29/7/93]
    P2 - Never Let Me Down Again (Live)
    [Liévin, 29/7/93]
    P3 - Death's Door (Live)
    [Liévin, 29/7/93]

Less records than Violator Singles, though I guess more content, but more expensive. Sigh. Love the purple box and Walking in My Shoes covers though.
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 09-20-2020 at 10:54 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    no Black Sun remix (by COIL), no deal

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    No soundtrack version of Death's Door, no deal.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I recently got the Black Celebration and Violator box sets. I really thought these were cash grabs and I have been really disappointed on a lot that the Mode has been putting out the last decade. But I have to admit (and I'll eat my words) that these box sets are incredible. Great packaging, they sound great and I think worth the price. Even if they are a bit expensive. I may not buy them all right away, but over time I will keep getting them. They are amazing.

Listening to the Stripped single now. Epic stuff.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    So I just broke down and ordered the Violator boxset. I told myself this was a cash grab (like Ryan thought) but after hearing that he signs off on these sets, I knew I had to get the big red one. So happy to have the Pulsating Orbital VOCAL mix on a non-promo release. I also love the b-sides from this era...but the b-sides from SOFAD are making me want to pony up the money for the next set. I'll hold off for now until I get Violator, but I have a feeling I will be getting SOFAD too (damn you "Dangerous" for being such a good song!)

*EDIT* On the topic of boxsets, I highly recommend The Singles 86>98 3x LP set. Its a little pricey, but its well made and sounds FANTASTIC! I also recommend the The Remixes 86>98 which was a promo only release, but it fits inside the Singles box perfectly.
    Last edited by NotoriousTIMP; 09-27-2020 at 11:09 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    I highly recommend The Singles 86>98 3x LP set.
    Yes. Bear in mind I'm not a vinyl collector at all, but I do have this set and it is indeed gorgeous, and sounds great.
    I was about to say I'd never part with my set, but looking at how much it's going for there... wow! I had no idea this would turn out to be my most valuable vinyl.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    So I just broke down and ordered the Violator boxset. I told myself this was a cash grab (like Ryan thought) but after hearing that he signs off on these sets, I knew I had to get the big red one. So happy to have the Pulsating Orbital VOCAL mix on a non-promo release. I also love the b-sides from this era...but the b-sides from SOFAD are making me want to pony up the money for the next set. I'll hold off for now until I get Violator, but I have a feeling I will be getting SOFAD too (damn you "Dangerous" for being such a good song!)

*EDIT* On the topic of boxsets, I highly recommend The Singles 86>98 3x LP set. Its a little pricey, but its well made and sounds FANTASTIC! I also recommend the The Remixes 86>98 which was a promo only release, but it fits inside the Singles box perfectly.
    Yeah, you won't be disappointed at all. The downloads are a nice touch too. SOFAD is top 5 album for me and I know I'll be getting that boxset fast. I've collected most of the singles as I find them used in record shops. But it's nice to have brand new singles of each.

I've got 86-98 boxset too but did not know about the remixes. Will definitely be picking that up in the future.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I have all the sets from Speak & Spell up through Black Celebration and I have to agree on the presentation and quality. I'm still waiting on price drops for the rest (MFTM got down to $98 at one point and I really should've bit then). SOFAD is already discounted to $155 so that's something, I guess. The Singles set will probably have to be a dream thing for me, considering the cost now, just like the first 2004 Remixes collection. I remember one of the first times I went out to Coachella they had that set for sale there and it was so tempting, but I was NOT gonna leave that in a hot fucking tent all weekend, let alone that I didn't have the means to get it back home.

Of course all that being said, I'm currently dealing with reorganizing my vinyl storage/setup after a recent scare involving water leaks, and it's dawning me how much crap I've accumulated over the years with a finite amount of storage space. I think my hubby is going to murder me if I keep buying more records, and these sets do take up a significant amount of space.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Of course all that being said, I'm currently dealing with reorganizing my vinyl storage/setup after a recent scare involving water leaks, and it's dawning me how much crap I've accumulated over the years with a finite amount of storage space. I think my hubby is going to murder me if I keep buying more records, and these sets do take up a significant amount of space.
    Yeah, that was a nightmare I had when moving. I got all of my records (over 2,000) and NIN memorabilia/collection that had been at my parent's place in Michigan over Labor Day weekend. I put them on my kallax and bent the middle of it, as it sits on legs. I had to buy some new legs to help support the middle of it. Kinda went through my records and am selling off the ones I don't really need anymore and ripped the records to my itunes library. Most of it was electronic music/12" I have had since I was young.

Black Celebration boxset is on Amazon right now for $67 (I bought mine for 85, woof) for anyone that wants it.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    HOLY HELL, this set is BEAUTIFUL. So glad I pulled the trigger and bought for $130 shipped. Now I can only find it for $179+...if you're on the fence about this release, GET IT NOW. It will go up in price and so will SOFAD. I plan on pre-ordering that one as well so I make sure I secure it at a low price. Sadly, I'll have to wait until January before I can listen to these since the deck is currently in storage.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Ok guys, check this out....

If you want the new SOFAD boxset, head over to PopMarket and snag it for discounted price of $146.97 instead of the retail price of $179. Then on top of that, use the promo code THANKS10 to get an additional 10% discount. I ended up getting my copy for $141 shipped after taxes!

Also, Violator keeps creeping up in price!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I just jumped on MFTM finally. I probably should pull the trigger on SOFAD too, though. Amazon had a blurb about Violator being back in stock on Oct 6, but doesn't say that anymore. These things have definitely gotten more popular lately, probably because they've moved on to the blockbuster albums.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    HOLY HELL, this set is BEAUTIFUL. So glad I pulled the trigger and bought for $130 shipped. Now I can only find it for $179+...if you're on the fence about this release, GET IT NOW.
    Only want to confirm this again. Awesome box sets. Just bought CTA on Thursday on Amazon. They have some decent prices on the older ones.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    Only want to confirm this again. Awesome box sets. Just bought CTA on Thursday on Amazon. They have some decent prices on the older ones.
    The CTA one is particularly great for a few reasons, one being that Get the Balance Right is included (they sadly skipped over Shake the Disease and It's Called a Heart from inbetween SGR and Black Celebration...), and also it has almost an entire live concert that was totally new to me since they weren't on the CD singles.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    The CTA one is particularly great for a few reasons, one being that Get the Balance Right is included (they sadly skipped over Shake the Disease and It's Called a Heart from inbetween SGR and Black Celebration...), and also it has almost an entire live concert that was totally new to me since they weren't on the CD singles.
    Why on earth did they skip those two?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Why on earth did they skip those two?
    They skipped Everything Counts '88 as well, so that leaves me wondering what they'll end up doing with Only When I Lose Myself and Martyr. Not to mention the ETS 2004 and PJ 2011 releases. Maybe there will be some kind of odds and ends box at the end to wrap things up? The CTA box would have been light without GTBR, and that song/artwork fits the theme of the album so I get why that would be included, but it's just kind of unfortunate that they're not reissuing all the 12" singles.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    jesus christ, y'all. people need to stop abbreviating everything.

echoing the sound 2004 and pearl jam 2011? that's what my brain read.

CTA box = chicago transit authority box

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Amazon just had one lone copy of Violator listed for $141 so I nabbed it! I had about $120 in gift cards racked up, and unless I was too frazzled to hurry up and purchase - I did not see a way to use a partial gift card amount. It was only letting me do all or nothing. So I just scored the Violator box for about $25 haha. Now I just have to hope it's in good condition and not missing anything. Kind of skeptical of them getting one copy back in... I'll keep an eye on SOFAD for price drops now. I can't believe I'm all caught up these now. Side note: I have the Trevor Project set up as my Smile charity, so I don't feel bad at all about buying these things up like crazy lately.

@eversonpoe oops haha, that was a lot of abbreviations

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Amazon just had one lone copy of Violator listed for $141 so I nabbed it! I had about $120 in gift cards racked up, and unless I was too frazzled to hurry up and purchase - I did not see a way to use a partial gift card amount. It was only letting me do all or nothing. So I just scored the Violator box for about $25 haha. Now I just have to hope it's in good condition and not missing anything. Kind of skeptical of them getting one copy back in... I'll keep an eye on SOFAD for price drops now. I can't believe I'm all caught up these now. Side note: I have the Trevor Project set up as my Smile charity, so I don't feel bad at all about buying these things up like crazy lately.

@eversonpoe oops haha, that was a lot of abbreviations
    They must all look very sexy lined up on a shelf next to each other.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Somehow the Violator box I got is a low #225. Upper left corner is a bit smushed, but I can live with it. I only completely removed the shrinkwrap from Speak & Spell.

These are all pretty much historically accurate, with some exceptions: Dreaming of Me never had a 12" pressing (though I believe it's using the edits from the CD release), and the "Blasphemous Rumours EP" was originally a 33rpm 7", containing a duplicate live version of Everything Counts from the 12" single. Likewise, there's also two identical versions of Tora Tora Tora on the Get the Balance Right singles. .

These are gonna take up some serious shelving space when they get to the end.

Last edited by halo eighteen; 10-09-2020 at 08:12 PM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Somehow the Violator box I got is a low #225. Upper left corner is a bit smushed, but I can live with it. I only completely removed the shrinkwrap from Speak & Spell.

These are all pretty much historically accurate, with some exceptions: Dreaming of Me never had a 12" pressing (though I believe it's using the edits from the CD release), and the "Blasphemous Rumours EP" was originally a 33rpm 7", containing a duplicate live version of Everything Counts from the 12" single. Likewise, there's also two identical versions of Tora Tora Tora on the Get the Balance Right singles. .

These are gonna take up some serious shelving space when they get to the end.

What was your address again? Just need to, uh... water your garden or something later tonight.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    I really want to collect the other sets now but holy hell is this going to get expensive!

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I took the boxes out of the srinkwrap and put the hype stickers on the box. They pull off pretty easy. May be an extreme move to some, but it works for me.

SOFAD boxes have been shipping for those who pre ordered through Rhino.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    https://www.rockhall.com/depeche-mode-inductee-insights

I'm halfway through the video. So far, the woman doing the narrating has pronounced Dave's surname "Ga-Han" (pronouncing the H, ugh), then mentioned the b-side cover of Route 66 of all things... Cringe.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    https://www.rockhall.com/depeche-mode-inductee-insights

I'm halfway through the video. So far, the woman doing the narrating has pronounced Dave's surname "Ga-Han" (pronouncing the H, ugh)
    I hate when people do that. Like, I know his name looks like that but if you're making something for the RNRHOF, maybe put a little more effort into making sure everything is correct.

I remember watching a YT video about Scott Weiland and people in the comments section kept trying to say that it's supposed to be pronounced "Way-lund" instead of "Why-lund." I wanted to point them in the direction of videos where Scott himself was saying "Why-lund" but I'm not a YT member. What I find really odd, though, is Jeff Ament. I've heard Jeff say "Ay-ment", but sometimes the guys in Pearl Jam will say "Uh-ment."

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    I hate when people do that. Like, I know his name looks like that but if you're making something for the RNRHOF, maybe put a little more effort into making sure everything is correct.
    Exactly!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Not gonna lie, that's what I thought it was pronounced until today. Even back in the 80s and 90s that's what the interviewers would say. Don't remember him ever correcting them.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximilian View Post
    Not gonna lie, that's what I thought it was pronounced until today. Even back in the 80s and 90s that's what the interviewers would say. Don't remember him ever correcting them.
    It’s pronounced “gaan” or how Americans say “gone”: