Page 15 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Depeche Mode

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Depeche Mode

Ahh. Weren't there any soundboards from that tour that got out?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Why aren't everyone going crazy on Soothe My Soul? It's not the best song, but it's so damn catchy! I personally shared it on my facebook and twitter accounts. I believe all fans should.

It's about time they get a little more attention, the last time they had a successful single was Precious (8 years ago) and I thought Soothe My Soul had some potential!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I love Soothe My Soul it was instantly catchy for me the first time I heard it!!!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Just booked a ticket to see them in London on Wednesday!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I thought this set was particularly good from Bratislava: http://www.flickr.com/photos/michalb...7633711475204/

I'm leaving for the German and Switzerland shows in two days, wohoo.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Depeche Mode at the O2 tonight baby!!! Yes!. Almost forgot I am seeing them in November as well. All mostly positive reviews of last night!!Aggh Martin is going to sing Higher Love!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I don't know if this is posted, but I stumbled upon to this pro-shot video of the full Delta Machine album launch concert.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Martin did But Not Tonight in Germany today for the first time in a proper live setting (i.e. full show). It replaced Home in the encore.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I just got back from seeing 4 shows in Europe. The show is AMAZING. The versions they do of some songs are worth the surprise.

My first row pics are below:

Munich: http://www.flickr.com/photos/2975483...7634147539648/
    Stuttgart: http://www.flickr.com/photos/2975483...7634143680685/
    Bern: http://www.flickr.com/photos/2975483...7634162769982/
    Leipzig: http://www.flickr.com/photos/2975483...7634161144541/

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Next single confirmed to be released August something is Should Be Higher.

Also, newest additions to Martin's songs being played live include Somebody and Shake The Disease (tonight this one debuted acoustic).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    great choice for a single! Dave really shines on it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Should be higher? That's a really interesting pick. Not sure how accessible it is, but I'm in love with that song so much. It's definitely one of my favourite DM songs ever and also my favourite from the album. I hope it performs well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So I woke from my slumber this morning, remembering what I had dreamed about (this is very rare).
    I dreamed that DM were playing the Big Day Out next year.
    Not that much of a stretch considering the re-launch/re-design of the BDO in recent times and that the headliners are 3 big acts who have never played an Australian festival before.
    I never remember the crazy shit going on in my head when I sleep, i'm taking this as a sign that i'm right on the money. Haha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So my wife and I will be celebrating our one year anniversary Aug 24 so I planned a weekend in Chicago for us. Well I just happened to check and see what concerts would be going on that weekend and too my surprise depeche mode will be there!!! I bought our tickets and couldn't be more excited since they are one of my favorite bands that I have yet to see live and never thought I would. My question is does anyone know if they will change the setlist when they come to America as I've checked and it seems like the same songs every night which the set is awesome I just would love to hear condemnation live and hope that's added. Anyway, Aug 24 couldn't get here any sooner!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Seeing DM in Chicago Aug 24. Anyone else going to that one?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phix95 View Post
    Seeing DM in Chicago Aug 24. Anyone else going to that one?
    Yea I'll be there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As will I. Second tier VIP tickets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, that's the most I've ever paid for a ticket, even broker NIN tix. $135 I think. I don't think its VIP, just good seats. But not sure--I got them so damn long ago in the presale.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ga admission here, 77$ after tax for both myself and my wife. ive checked online and seen bad reviews of the venue but ive checked videos on youtube from there and it seems like the lawn is just like any other outside venue and i think we will enjoy ourselves, plus with an 8 month pregnant wife i think laying down in the lawn will be best for her anyway. is there anything i should expect from this place from those of you familiar with it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Personally, I HATE this venue. For the most part, it's a typical "shed" with poor lines of visibility, bad acoustics, and the like. One of the main problems with this venue is that they originally built it in the middle of nowhere in the 80s. But then, housing developments started springing up nearby. So what do you do when you buy a house near a major concert amphitheatre? Why, you complain to the city about the noise. So now they keep noise levels a little low, so concerts tend to sound quiet compared to other venues.

That's one of the major reasons I shelled out $275 per ticket on the VIP package! Sadly, not the most I've spent on DM tickets ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    so will it still be enjoyable from the lawn??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, it won't be bad but it could be a lot better at a different venue. See if you can stake out a place near the front of the lawn with a blanket or something and you're likely to have the best view.

EDIT: Here is a page that shows a picture from the front of the lawn. As long as you stay out of the way of the pavilion support columns, you should have a decent view.
    Last edited by interface2x; 08-03-2013 at 08:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    thank you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've got tickets to September 15th at BB&T Center in Sunrise, Florida (Ft. Lauderdale really). Anyone else going to see them in Florida?

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Depeche Mode

Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    You liked ULTRA but didn't like PTA?
    I too LOVED ultra but wasn't too find of PTA

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Ultra is my favorite. I even enjoy Exciter, which seems to catch a lot of flack. There's not really a single album that I really have a problem with (with exception to some of the pre-wilder stuff).

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It has a few weak songs, but yeah it's pretty mellow compared to some albums (so is SOTU). I just really found a lot of those songs enjoyable and catchy (I Feel Loved, Comatose, Dead of Night, etc.).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think PtA was/is their best since SoFaD personally. I really wish Alan would return.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'll probably catch a lot of flack for this, but I think Devotion is kinda overrated. Good album? Sure. But it's nothing we had haven't heard before. And listening to it, you can tell it's from a band on the verge of falling apart. Ultra took them into whole new territories.