Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Year Zero Book of the Arg (And Possible IPad Edition?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Year Zero Book of the Arg (And Possible IPad Edition?)

Hey everyone! I havent posted in a while, such a while in fact, that I had to start a new account with my old name so technically this is my first post I was wondering if any of the older board members remember the PDF book that was put together out of the Year Zero Arg web pages? There was a torrent for it but I cannot find it anywhere and would really love to get it printed so I can place it with the rest of my Year Zero memorabilia (Knitting Factory goodies, concert flyers, AIR stuff..... ) If you can hit me up with a Torrent link or anything I would be ETERNALLY GRATEFUL Also, would anyone be interested in turning this into an Interactive iPad book? When were wrapped up in the the excitement of the ARG, iPads did not exist!! I was just thinking, what better way to enjoy the experience of discovering those pages and the story of Year Zero than having them available in a kind of Digital puzzlebook............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, I used the files to make a nice softcover book a couple of years back, but I had to do some digging and get someone from (the now defunct) demonoid to re-seed his copy....good luck, I can't find my files or I would help...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmmm, its a damn shame no one has archived it for prosperity, all I can do is hope there is a Yearzero Angle kicking around ETS, but thanks for the reply, hopefully if I bump this on occasion I might get lucky.....

~bows elegantly~

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Putting this on tablets is a cool idea, but nothing will match thtlat crazy feeling from when it was actually happening...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I'm sure I have the .pdf somewhere on the disc that also has everything else from the ARG. I do think that if you want to relive the ARG as a whole though that Bwary has you covered at http://yearzero.portraitofdecay.com/

I can't access all of Bwary's site behind a restricted network at work, but that should do the trick.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I think what you guys are talking about is the EXHIBIT 24.pdf. Uploading right now. Will post link later.

Edit: http://www.sendspace.com/file/b5bft3
    Last edited by thetourist; 08-22-2012 at 10:09 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thetourist View Post
    I think what you guys are talking about is the EXHIBIT 24.pdf. Uploading right now. Will post link later.

Edit: http://www.sendspace.com/file/b5bft3

Warning, this link contains spam riders.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Don't know what that means or what that is, but I can provide another link if this one won't work. This link doesn't work?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    I'm sure I have the .pdf somewhere on the disc that also has everything else from the ARG. I do think that if you want to relive the ARG as a whole though that Bwary has you covered at http://yearzero.portraitofdecay.com/

I can't access all of Bwary's site behind a restricted network at work, but that should do the trick.
    haha! I never did finish my plans for that index. It won't take you anywhere. However, if you go to http://yearzero.portraitofdecay.com/www.exhibit24.com/ you should be set. (NOTE: that isn't the original exhibit24; I slightly modified the original to include links to more content)

What I was working on was: http://yearzero.portraitofdecay.com/...f-a-u-l-t.html other material I was going to use can be found at http://yearzero.portraitofdecay.com/dev/ (delete d-e-f-a-u-l-t.html for a directory listing)
    Last edited by bwary; 08-26-2012 at 05:57 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, a pdf of all it together, sexiness. That's definitely something I want to keep around forever. I hope it gets revived/expanded if his HBO adaptation ever comes to fruition.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Putting this on tablets is a cool idea, but nothing will match thtlat crazy feeling from when it was actually happening...
    Very true. That was a really awesome time, and the first big "era" of Nine Inch Nails I was involved in. :P

I imagine Trent would be pretty proud if someone managed to make it into some kind of iOS game app or something. Go through it, follow clues, then at the end, it leads you to a stream of the album or a free download or something. I don't exactly know how well that'd work out, but I'm pretty sure I'd play that game all the time if it were put together right. I know we have some really skilled individuals here that could put something like that together, with the right planning. This community never ceases to amaze. :P

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimbo View Post
    Warning, this link contains spam riders.
    I haven't downloaded it from that link to compare... but not sure why it says it's that large.
    direct link:
    http://yearzero.portraitofdecay.com/...Raltenbach.pdf

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The PDF from SendSpace is a little larger when you compare it to Bwary's copy when you set them both to 100% size and looks to be a little better quality.
    Also, the pages are in a bit of a different order. There's the same amount of pages and it appears that they're all the same ones (not all of the pages from the ARG are in there. I don't remember which sites some are missing from, but I know that they aren't all there from the Viability Index.) Some of the pages aren't in the same order, at a quick glance, sites from The Mailstrom are sorted differently.
    Haven't compared it page by page, but those are the first things that jump out at me.

Edit: Looking at them a little more, the one Bwary posted (by Raltenbach) has the websites in a different order than the other one. The first one appears to have the various sites in numerical order, Raltenbach's is in a different order, which is almost in order... it kind of looks like some of the sites were accidentally placed out of order and the SendSpace one is them being organized properly. (Still, only really a cursory glance.)
    Last edited by Warped_Savant; 09-21-2012 at 10:37 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    And Raltenbach's version (posted by Bwary) has duplicate pages of the names listed on Exhibit 24 (the last few pages are duplicates of earlier pages and the pages that should have been there are missing.)
    As well as the comic that appeared on One Country at a Time are in different orders when you compare the two PDF's. Raltenbach's is wrong, SendSpace one appears to be correct. I'd be curious if Raltenbach realized the organization mistakes and corrected them... Can anyone compare it to the book that was printed? (I have no idea how many people got a copy / if they're still on here.)

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Why does the sendspace link.. which shows a .zip file type want to save as an executable? I'm not digging that.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm downloading the sendspace version and will direct link it, too. The changes mystify me a bit since Raltenbach is the original creator of the ARG pdf book. (I appended 'byRaltenbach' to the file name so I wouldn't forget who made it). I suppose he did make corrections and I somehow overlooked a newer version download? IMHO, the book was/is neat, but it certainly wasn't/isn't the be-all and end-all.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Why does the sendspace link.. which shows a .zip file type want to save as an executable? I'm not digging that.
    You're clicking on the wrong spot. Look for the link near the bottom of the page that says "Click here to start download from sendspace"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Damn, that zip file is down... Anybody up for a repost?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    As much 'stuff' as I have archived, never got round to doing anything with it

http://www.mediafire.com/?ln5rc5paaa8bw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just created a torrent with a bunch of stuff from the YZ ARG, including two different versions of the book, etc. Check this out: http://thepiratebay.sx/torrent/8654534

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    ^^^Thanks!!!

If Trent ever released a deluxe edition of YZ, he should include all the ARG stuff on it, maybe with a bluray including the 5.1 hd album, plus all the websites, the OSR show and everything else, and also a harcover book about that era, they could create an amazing edition for this album, they should start working on it right now to have it ready for 2017.

And I also want a 10th anniversary edition of WT with a booklet, the 5.1 mix and all the remaining songs that Trent said that he had written and were not released (and the released ones like Home, Not So Pretty Now and Non-Entity).

Also The Fragile Deluxe Edition for next year, damn it.

PS: And a TDS 20th anniversary bluray with the videos on HD, the 5.1 mix, all the tracks from the 10th anniversary's 2nd disc, more demos and artwork, etc. Plus a Broken/Fixed DE, a Woodstock 94 remastered official release (like Nirvana's Live At Reading), a Closure official release with tons of new stuff, an official LITS bluray (the TOIOU was great, but I want an official release anyway), a bluray for all the filmed "final" shows from 2009... and I was going to ask for something else as a bad joke, but I would be missunderstood and banned, so I'll just stop. XD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^^^I know, right? What Trent perhaps fails to understand is that he has people like us, the "TAKE MY MONEY!!!" fanbase who will reach for their credit cards within seconds of discovering that there are things like an autographed box set version of Ghosts, without even considering the price tag. As long as the quality is consistent, he will always have that fanbase, IMHO.

About that torrent, I've been watching, and I can see that it's going out to several people already, albeit very slowly, much slower than I can account for, even given my somewhat crap internet connection. I just want to assure everyone that I am seeding, and I'm not going to be an ass about it. I'm monitoring it, and will continue seeding it 24/7 for the foreseeable future.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by umdesch4 View Post
    ^^^I know, right? What Trent perhaps fails to understand is that he has people like us, the "TAKE MY MONEY!!!" fanbase who will reach for their credit cards within seconds of discovering that there are things like an autographed box set version of Ghosts, without even considering the price tag. As long as the quality is consistent, he will always have that fanbase, IMHO..
    No, he fully understands that, but rather draining his fans for every penny, he chooses to make new music and new material rather than rehashing the same stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    No, he fully understands that, but rather draining his fans for every penny, he chooses to make new music and new material rather than rehashing the same stuff.
    Ok, that's a fair point. If it came down to a choice between a new deluxe edition of an older work, and an album of entirely new material (eg. HM), I'll take the latter. I guess I just wish I could have a little more of both. The world (or my world at least) can always use more NIN.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I don't think special releases of rare and unreleased material are anywhere in the same league as releasing CD singles that are only special because of the packaging.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Leo View Post
    ^^^Thanks!!!

If Trent ever released a deluxe edition of YZ, he should include all the ARG stuff on it, maybe with a bluray including the 5.1 hd album, plus all the websites, the OSR show and everything else, and also a harcover book about that era, they could create an amazing edition for this album, they should start working on it right now to have it ready for 2017.

And I also want a 10th anniversary edition of WT with a booklet, the 5.1 mix and all the remaining songs that Trent said that he had written and were not released (and the released ones like Home, Not So Pretty Now and Non-Entity).

Also The Fragile Deluxe Edition for next year, damn it.

PS: And a TDS 20th anniversary bluray with the videos on HD, the 5.1 mix, all the tracks from the 10th anniversary's 2nd disc, more demos and artwork, etc. Plus a Broken/Fixed DE, a Woodstock 94 remastered official release (like Nirvana's Live At Reading), a Closure official release with tons of new stuff, an official LITS bluray (the TOIOU was great, but I want an official release anyway), a bluray for all the filmed "final" shows from 2009... and I was going to ask for something else as a bad joke, but I would be missunderstood and banned, so I'll just stop. XD
    'Soon' Be patient.