Thread: The Cure

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    after seeing Burn live in person, it's become one of my all time favorite Cure tracks. makes me wonder what would have happened if they recorded a whole album in 94, and not 95/96...

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    after seeing Burn live in person, it's become one of my all time favorite Cure tracks. makes me wonder what would have happened if they recorded a whole album in 94, and not 95/96...
    It’s kind of like the equivalent to The Perfect Drug. Soundtrack only song, and occurred in a “What could have been” album period. Why do these obscure periods always seem to yield such amazing songs? And it’s always that. Just a song.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    It’s kind of like the equivalent to The Perfect Drug. Soundtrack only song, and occurred in a “What could have been” album period. Why do these obscure periods always seem to yield such amazing songs? And it’s always that. Just a song.
    I think it being only one song is why, you end up having only one great piece of music and nothing else to judge that period by. It's a lot easier to imagine everything else would have been as good.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    weirdly enough, the track is ONLY robert and boris williams, who left the band pretty much right after recording it.