Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56
Results 1,651 to 1,666 of 1666

Thread: The Cure

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burnmotherfucker! View Post
    Wait, are you saying you don't like that song? I think it's pretty good.
    The lyrics kinda remind me of a recycled version of Us Or Them. Much prefer It Can Never Be The Same over it.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    The lyrics kinda remind me of a recycled version of Us Or Them. Much prefer It Can Never Be The Same over it.
    Yeah, It Can Never Be The Same sounds like classic Cure to me for sure. But I think step into the light is a decent tune in it's own right. Similar thematically to Us or Them maybe but where Us or Them is angry, Step Into The Light is more just a genuine plea for people to wake up. Not the best Cure tune ever written, but it's also one of only two in the past 15 years haha.

Got to hear both of them back in 2016 live and since I usually don't get to many concerts, I was very happy with that. Now if only they would put out the studio versions...

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    lol

https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/robert-...new-order/?amp

Robert Smith on why The Cure couldn’t get along with New Order

Speaking to Radio Urbana in 2013, Smith addressed their differences with New Order, explaining that the issue was centralised around their bassist, Peter Hook.

Addressing the petty feud with Hook, Smith told Radio Urbana: “Although the Cure and New Order…we come from the same age and everything, but Peter Hook always had a real big problem with us because our bassist Simon Gallup was so much better looking and the better bass player…I think Peter was so jealous he could never get over it, and he stopped the rest of them from being friendly…”
    In 2007, Hook announced that he and frontman Bernard Sumner were disbanding New Order to work on separate endeavours. However, Sumner and the rest of the group decided to continue, leading to an uncomfortable few years of squabbling over music rights.
    Continuing in his conversation with Radio Urbana, Smith described a healthier relationship with New Order since Hook left the band. “We’ve bumped into them over the years, and since [Hook] he’s left, we’ve played with New Order a few times in the last summer, and it’s so nice to be able to chat with them, you know, to talk with them because I’ve always loved New Order I think they’re one of the best bands – they also have a fantastic back catalogue, and they like us, it’s so nice to say to Bernard [Sumner] ‘I like your band’, and he says ‘I like yours as well’ and… it’s taken an awful long time to say hello again to them. They’re a good example of a band that gets better as they get older. They were fantastic when we played with them last year, and we’re playing again with them this year at a couple of festivals.”

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    videos not available in the US. what were they?

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    videos not available in the US. what were they?
    Visualiser for Cut (1990 Demo) lyric video and Miss Van Gogh (Instrumental Demo) from the reissue.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Nice...how do they sound? looking forward to this box set

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    These basic audio versions are showing up for me in the U.S.:

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    So, D-day is coming. Will the Cure tour feature any new material or will it be the "Wish 30" tour & ride the nostalgia train? Again. Sad to say I think it's going to be Wish 30. If that's the case I'm not going to shell out big bucks for tickets when they tour NA. I've decided to hop off the nostalgia train. I think the qualifier would be if the artist has put out any good new material in say the last 10 years or not. The 2 songs the Cure played in 2016 don't count as they haven't been released outside a concert video. I just hit the wall about listening to the same old crap over & over. & paying huge money in some cases to do it. Now, get off my lawn!

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Fair enough. I've only seen the Cure in concert once, and it was light on Wish material, so I'd see them on a NA tour if thy're playing that material. Or any material really. I've recently told myself there's only a handful of bands I'd actually go see in a concert these days, and The Cure are one of them...especially because, who knows how much longer they'll tour. Heck, the one time I saw them back in 2016 may be the ONLY time I'll get t see them...

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    Nice...how do they sound? looking forward to this box set
    Cut is so different and those added lyrics at the end are so special.

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Set list predictions (apart from new songs?)

Probably Wish-heavy due to the reissue. Would love to see some unplayed Wish-era b-sides done live. Or bring back Cut!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    From the Edge for sure

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMEO172 View Post
    From the Edge for sure
    Reeves Gabrels tears that one up live.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Reeves Gabrels tears that one up live.
    After its release, this song was nearly ALWAYS played at each concert, at least between 1992 and 2004 when I was a huge Cure fan.
    The worst version was an acoustic version played by Perry at Paris (2002 ?).. He tried the solo but it sounded horrible in acoustic.

I only saw one show with Reeves and can't remember how he played it. To be honest, the best versions are with master Porl/Pearl for sure

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMEO172 View Post
    After its release, this song was nearly ALWAYS played at each concert, at least between 1992 and 2004 when I was a huge Cure fan.
    The worst version was an acoustic version played by Perry at Paris (2002 ?).. He tried the solo but it sounded horrible in acoustic.

I only saw one show with Reeves and can't remember how he played it. To be honest, the best versions are with master Porl/Pearl for sure
    When I saw it in 2007 there was a problem with the display and Robert said "where's my picture of the sunrise?!"