Page 1 of 70 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cure

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

The Cure

Here's Robert getting kissed (at the end of the video) from last night's Reflections show in NY:

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    The just played "Do The Hansa"! Totally unexpected.

Last edited by Ryan; 11-26-2011 at 10:23 PM.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Bestival Live 2011 2-disc CD is now on TPB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I finished Dling the 11/25 NY show earlier today from dime. Love these guys to the point where they were quoted on our wedding invitations a few years ago. Any word on when the hell part two of the 4:13 Dream sessions is surfacing?

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I went to the second show in LA. was pretty epic.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DS23 View Post
    I finished Dling the 11/25 NY show earlier today from dime. Love these guys to the point where they were quoted on our wedding invitations a few years ago. Any word on when the hell part two of the 4:13 Dream sessions is surfacing?
    At this point, I just hope it sees the light of day and not the vault.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Love love love this band.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    "Reflections" was great. even Jason sounded better than usual. (hate when he slows down the faster, earlier material) I almost lost it during "Funeral Party"..

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I read way too many Cure articles, but somewhere in all the Reflections talk RS mentioned that the darker second half of 4:13 was *probably* getting shelved for now. Let the groans commence, as this probably means it's getting vaulted.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    i was at the first of the three NYC gigs, and it was spectacular. they knocked it out of the park!

that guy who kissed robert is a friend of mine. robert seemed rather into it!

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I just got really into "Disintegration" for a little bit this summer. Sad i missed em

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    So maybe we'll get that Wish reissue next year, huh? I'm getting excited thinking about it since that is my favorite Cure album. I think it would also be pretty cool to do a tour with part of the setlist being Wish in its entirety.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I really hope they do the deluxe reissues for Wish, Wild Mood Swings (though it's my least favorite Cure album), and Bloodflowers just to complete the deluxe/remastered sets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mostlymad View Post
    I read way too many Cure articles, but somewhere in all the Reflections talk RS mentioned that the darker second half of 4:13 was *probably* getting shelved for now. Let the groans commence, as this probably means it's getting vaulted.
    Fuckin' Boo-urns, man.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdsctt View Post
    Love love love this band.
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I really hope they do the deluxe reissues for Wish, Wild Mood Swings (though it's my least favorite Cure album), and Bloodflowers just to complete the deluxe/remastered sets.
    Probably will eventually. Wish would be amazing to hear remastered. May skip WMS. Bloodflowers doesn't really need it, but the extras might be a nice bonus.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    if anything, it would be nice to have all the lost wishes and other instrumental outtakes from the era (svvy, heart attack, etc) without cassette hiss. seems like a no-brainer for the second disc of wish.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    a million times better than the version that made it on the LP:

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Wednesday, December 14, 2011

'Apart' remix for Underworld 4 soundtrack

Danny Lohner is working on a remix of 'Apart' for the 'Underworld 4 Awakening' movie soundtrack:

dannylohner - i still can't get over the fact that when i solo the vocal channel- i hear Robert Smith serenading me a capella?! #Underworld4-ApartRemix
    (Thanks J.)

As you might remember, The Cure also appeared on the Underworld: Rise of the Lycans soundtrack, with 'Underneath the Stars (Renholder remix)'.

Update (12-14): dannylohner - 2nd b-day spent remixing THE CURE! i remxd UnderneathTheStars 4the last Underworld sndtrk w @millajovovich @mjkeenan tinyurl.com/76oqm2p

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    'Wish' Deluxe CD in 2012 & new album?

Along with the news of the Secret 7" art competition, there was this included in the bio at the Talenthouse website:
    "The Cure have been re-issuing re-mastered versions of their early albums since 2003, with 1992's 'Wish' (the album that carries the single 'Friday I'm In Love') scheduled for the 'deluxe re-release' treatment in 2012....The band are currently working on a new studio album"

Hope this is accurate, and part of what Robert was alluding to as "STUFF BUBBLING AWAY IN THE BASEMENT".

Update (12-15): Have been told that this news was provided to Talenthouse by an official band source. (Thanks Joerg)

>>

Thursday, December 15, 2011

New version of Friday for Secret 7"?

"Larry The Duck (DJ on Sirius/XM) just reported that as part of the Wish re-issue, Friday I'm in Love is being re-recorded for a 7" release for Record Store Day next April." (Thanks Brian)

Goes without saying that this is in no way official or confirmed until it's on the official site, and could be a misunderstanding on Larry's part. We do know that Friday will be getting released as part of the Secret 7" Record Store Day 2012 event, and that 'Wish' Deluxe is scheduled for release in 2012, but there has been no official word on a re-recording of Friday.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Of all songs to remake, it has to be that one... Friday I'm In Love and Mint Car are tthe worst songs they have ever done. And Wild Mood Swings had a lot of stinkers.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    but a lot of gems too! want, this is a lie, jupiter crash, bare, etc. and the b-sides easily fit in that same vein (and should have been included over the lighter, forgettable stuff).

also, just scored this 12'' in a local record shop:

pretty darn rare, from what i understand...but also pretty darn sexy!
    Last edited by frankie teardrop; 12-20-2011 at 10:11 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The b-sides were definitely better. It had good songs, but Strange Attraction, Mint Car were trash. The goofy ones pretty much.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I agree, the B-sides from the singles for Wild Mood Swing were much better than a lot of the tracks on that album.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankieteardrop View Post
    a million times better than the version that made it on the LP
    Thanks for sharing: interesting mix, enjoyable - but I beg to differ about it being the best. I have a lot of time for the LP version of that song.

Edit: no wait, I'm getting mixed up with another. Yeah WTF happened to that song?

TR finally gives some Cure love:

@trent_reznor: The Cure continue to impress. Love those guys.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The b-sides were always the gems. I was one of the voices begging for what eventually became Join the Dots, and that always will top my list of favorite releases of all time. Sometimes I just listen and wonder wth they were thinking to hide things like "This Twilight Garden" and "A Foolish Arrangement" and "Adonais." Such a shame to have to hunt for those songs.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mostlymad View Post
    The b-sides were always the gems. I was one of the voices begging for what eventually became Join the Dots, and that always will top my list of favorite releases of all time. Sometimes I just listen and wonder wth they were thinking to hide things like "This Twilight Garden" and "A Foolish Arrangement" and "Adonais." Such a shame to have to hunt for those songs.
    Couldn't agree more.

My first introduction to the Cure ended up being a lot of the rare songs on Join the Dots, due to a fluke of circumstance. In 2002 AudioGalaxy was all the rage post-napster, and I wanted to know what the Cure were all about, so I went through and clicked on every Cure song in the first few pages of search results. Of course, just about all the well known songs, album tracks etc. were screened out, so what was left was Adonais, Mr Pink Foot, Just one Kiss, A Man Inside My Mouth, etc.

Oh and Burn, Dredd Song, Ocean - those in particular stand out to me.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    a nice new treat from robert smith, due out this august:

i think this rip comes from a bbc broadcast performance, but it sure is nice. in the same vein as the 'pirate ships' outtake from disintegration era...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Possibly the greatest video ever committed to YT.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    that's the version from show! fucking epic.