Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Rage Against The Machine

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Rage Against The Machine

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    We don't have a RATM thread?
    I came to this band late and recently. My current opinion is that they are/were hands down one of the greatest bands of the 90s.
    But their split and silence throughout the Bush years, when a band like RATM would have been sorely needed, is undoubtedly a disappointment. As is the lack of a new album five years into the reunion.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    They don't want to do another album... Sucks, but at least they still plays shows from time to time... Better than nothing, I guess.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    No new Rage album, all that material scrapped that TR produced for Zach still buried and it's been about 4 years since the first EP came out there is STILL no full length One Day as a Lion album.

What the fuck is the hold up for Zach these days i wonder?

At least Tom Morello has been keeping it steady going with his Nightwatchman records plus Street Sweeper Social Club.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Can y'all, like, acknowledge the amazing video I posted?

There's no new album, ever, I'll eat my hair...Zach is washed up. Days are over.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Beyond me how the TR material's never seen the light of day. And what's become of the other guys? Morello seems like the only one still making the rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If Romney gets elected, expect a new album. They'll have a new cause to rally around.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I just saw the ACTUAL recording of the above video. It almost sounds as bad.

I'm not too fussed about a new album, but man am I glad they started touring again. I'd never seen them back in the day so it was an awesome experience seeing them play Big Day Out a few years ago.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Turn on the radio. Nah, fuck it, turn it off. Fear is your only God. On the radio. Nah, fuck it, turn it off.
    Fear is your. Fear is your. Fear is your only God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Love this band ever since I heard them while playing Tony Hawk Pro Skater.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Not a bad cover:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Yeah not bad, helped by the fact that it's already an amazing song.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Best thing Tom Morello's written since RATM split: http://gunshyassassin.com/news/tom-m...be-ryan-apart/

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Original source: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...ainst-20120816
    Incredible. Absolutely incredible. First Ryan models himself on Ayn Rand ideals without understanding how militantly athiest she is, and now he says Rage Against the Machine is his favorite band? I'm so confused. Kudos for Tom Morello - it was low hanging fruit, but it was delicious nonetheless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like Rage, but they really come off as tools half of the time.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Maybe Ryan uses RATM lyrics to inspire all his stupid ideas? He thinks the lyrics are blue prints for his vision of America. I love all the comments calling Morello a hypocrite. They don't know Tom has frequently put his money where his mouth is and has had active involvement in so many of the causes he promotes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Anyone know any good live recording resources for Rage? I've been looking for one show in particular for years (09-16-96 in Chicago), and though I've come close a few times, the recording has managed to elude me all these years. Please, someone, tell me you can help!

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    So...according to Kevin and Bean, apparently there's a video floating around from TMZ of all things where some paparazzi caught up with Timmy C and asked what was new with the band, and he hinted that they might be...may be...working on a new album.

Edit: http://www.tmz.com/2012/10/04/rage-a...im-commerford/
    Last edited by theruiner; 10-04-2012 at 07:46 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    haha at this point i won't believe that until i actually hear a song. I also don't think i'm too confident in whatever they'd come up with. I'm more excited about the notion of One Day As A Lion putting more stuff out...that EP was excellent.
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 10-06-2012 at 12:22 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Why wouldn't you be confident in it being any good? One Day as a Lion is awesome, Tom Morello has still got it and you can always rely on Timmy C and Brad Wilk.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmya View Post
    Why wouldn't you be confident in it being any good? One Day as a Lion is awesome, Tom Morello has still got it and you can always rely on Timmy C and Brad Wilk.
    One Day As A Lion would be more exciting than new Rage.

Ever since Audioslave I noticed that Brad Wilk is a very limited drummer. His playing is not very dynamic. When he tries to play soft it sounds akward. I only really enjoy him playing when its balls out loud.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    yeah Brad's drumming back in the day was way more unique. So straight ahead & generic w/Audioslave. And i don't like Morello's riffing as much with Audioslave/SSSC. Hopefully he'd go way heavier with Rage, and hopefully Zach would get more screamy, but i doubt it. You can hear the "heavy" going away with Battle of LA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    20th anniversary self title re-release!!

http://loudwire.com/rage-against-the...d-debut-album/

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Wow, that's cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This could be what Tim was talking about.
    OORRR like Soundgarden, going through their back catalog inspired them to start making new music.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    That deluxe box set sounds awesome. Will probably pick that up depending on the price.

Edit: Amazon has it listed for $136, don't want it that bad.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    It's interesting that they would remaster that album. I've read in a few places that the RATM debut makes for a really good reference disc when demoing sound equipment, as it has great dynamic range and a nice full spectrum of sound being played back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Their first two albums were fantastic, but I wasn't a huge fan of Battle of LA. I felt like they became pretty stagnant and were just going through the motions. They put on one hell of a good show, so I would definitely see them live again, though I'm not sure I would go for a new album.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    As Battle of LA was the first album I heard from them, it will forever have a place in my heart. The fact that it lead me to check out their first two albums doesn't hurt either.

I don't get why it's so great when ratm get back together and tour without making new music, but when apc get together and tour without making new music everybody's saying it's a cash grab that pisses in the face of the fans.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    no, you're right, it absolutely is. they at least don't come off as smug about it as Maynard does.