Thread: The Cure

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Show was of course amazing. No 'A Letter To Elise' which was kind of a bummer, but 'Pictures of You' which is my all-time fav song (and holds a special place in the hearts of me and my wife for personal reasons). A few notes:

- Venue is in the middle of a giant park outdoors surrounded by tall trees but, in the middle of a city, there's a noise curfew at 10pm sharp...so the band started almost immediately after 7pm. But, being almost June...it wasn't dark until about 9:15. Robert: "I'm not used to being in so much light when I do this. But I kinda like what you've got here...it's like I'm singing to myself in my backyard or something."

- Simon's bass on 'Disintegration' was shaking the earth...it was so sick.

I could go on forever....8 years later, but well worth the wait.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    I could go on forever....8 years later, but well worth the wait.
    12 years I've been waiting. It is starting to kill me to know it is so close!!!! Friday is my favorite song but it looks like it isn't getting played very frequently. All the other goodies in the set list make up for that though. I hope you're right about Simon's bass being loud. I've always thought The Cure have the greatest bass lines.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uraki14 View Post
    12 years I've been waiting. It is starting to kill me to know it is so close!!!! Friday is my favorite song but it looks like it isn't getting played very frequently. All the other goodies in the set list make up for that though. I hope you're right about Simon's bass being loud. I've always thought The Cure have the greatest bass lines.
    It sounded great. The last few minutes of 'A Forest' really stood out too with Simon and Robert playing off of each other....the bass sound was pretty mighty.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uraki14 View Post
    If you're seeing the Atlanta show, that's on a Friday night so that really increases the chances of that song getting played there. Same with Chicago #1