Results 2,071 to 2,095 of 2095

Thread: The Cure

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Oh… goodie.

How bout that new album?

What are the new tracks? Shake Dog Shake, Hot Hot Hot!!! and something else? Which I’m sure have existed in bootleg form since forever.

>

from reddit:

Oh nice, thanks!

So not counting the ones already on the main version of Show or its encore, we're still missing these ones from the initial commercial release...

• ⁠Shake Dog Shake (being added to the vinyl reissue)
    • ⁠Hot Hot Hot!!! (being added to the vinyl reissue)
    • ⁠Fire in Cairo
    • ⁠The Big Hand
    • ⁠Three Imaginary Boys
    • ⁠A Strange Day
    • ⁠It's Not You
    • ⁠Faith
    • ⁠M
    • ⁠Forever

Hooooooly shit that would make an amazing second disc for a Paris deluxe edition. Wow - had no idea there was THAT much extra.
    Last edited by Erneuert; 01-17-2024 at 09:55 PM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post

• ⁠Shake Dog Shake (being added to the vinyl reissue)
    • ⁠Hot Hot Hot!!! (being added to the vinyl reissue)
    • ⁠Fire in Cairo
    • ⁠The Big Hand
    • ⁠Three Imaginary Boys
    • ⁠A Strange Day
    • ⁠It's Not You
    • ⁠Faith
    • ⁠M
    • ⁠Forever

Hooooooly shit that would make an amazing second disc for a Paris deluxe edition. Wow - had no idea there was THAT much extra.
    Yeah, I'd love to hear that. I gave up on a new record long ago so I'd settle for Paris right about now.

But wait, I'm out of the loop with these RSD releases. So is this thing a straight up reissue of the original Paris record on vinyl or is it going to get a full remaster like Show did? And on that note, did Show (2023 remaster) ever get a digital release? On streaming it's still just labeled 1993.

Paris is my favorite live Cure record so I'd hate to see it get the remaster treatment and not even be out there digitally. In the very same way Wish really needed a remaster, so does Paris.

Would be even nicer if after the vinyl is put out they do a CD boxset of both it and Show with the bonus stuff from both nights.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I want the new album but I also want this.

its not an either or scenario with me.

I am very pleased with this news. the Show Remaster sounds amazing so if they give Paris the same treatment, im fine with it.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    He said Wish would be the last Cure album ever (he’s said that many times) then the last tour ever. And his hardest core fans accepted that.

Then he changed his mind.

He said The Cure would be the final final album.

I have online Cure friends who followed The Cure around this tour, seeing them 30 times and more, and they are all just ecstatic that they got to be there. They never talk much about the “new album” - if it shows up, fine. If it doesn’t, it doesn’t.

Maybe he changed his mind and decided he’s not putting this one out. Maybe he has writer’s block and the only thing he’d write about would be how much he hates some of his fans. Maybe he’s done the vocals and it just takes time to put the album out.

With crazy fans accusing him of awful shit, or relentlessly bitching at him for not doing enough (in South America, he didn’t show up one day to sign shit and you’d think he’d personally pissed on all of them). (“This girl took a bus for 3 hours and made a little Robert doll by hand to give to him, and he didn’t even show her the courtesy of coming down so she could give it to him.” WTF! No, she went all that way to see a band perform, not to hand a senior citizen a fucking effigy of himself.) It’s seemingly never enough.

I can barely crank out the first paragraph of anything, and truly wonder how people expect writers to just “do it come on we’re waiting,” like it’s knitting a sweater or something.

Christ, people were asking about the album in threads where RS’s paintings were being auctioned for charity, and in threads about Roger receiving “treatments” for an illness, etc. It’s just ridiculous. “Gee, do you think Roger might have cancer?” “I dunno, where the fuck is the new album?”

The incessant whining I see all over the internet makes me root for it never getting done, and him putting out a solo ambient album or something akin to “Metal Machine Music” just to stick it up the ass of all these people effectively saying “give me it! now!”

I’d much prefer a reissue of live VIDEOS. And a SOLO PROJECT! And, as mentioned, live albums with extra tracks.

(I suspect - with the stuff I’VE heard - that the new album is on its way and a supportive Stage 4 of the tour is in the works.)

“The internet” has turned into a fucking swirling cesspool of useless shit, save for the pockets of true fans who manage to find each other out there (mostly on IG) and create a happy joyful space.
    Last edited by allegro; 01-19-2024 at 02:12 AM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Meh it's nothing new. I get you, people are awful. Not just Cure fans. It wasn't that long ago shitty weird stalker NIN fans were in the spotlight. And I've seen similar behaviour in Coil fan spaces of all things. You're bang-on that 99.9% of the fans are more than content with the amazing live shows we've been getting. And I'm sure someone loves the picture discs even if they aren't for me.

This thing made me realise I don't actually seem to own Show, or perhaps I've just lost it.

I've been meaning to ask. The next album in sequence for a deluxe edition would be "Wild Mood Swings". What would you speculate could be on it?

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    He said Wish would be the last Cure album ever (he’s said that many times) then the last tour ever. And his hardest core fans accepted that.

Then he changed his mind.

He said The Cure would be the final final album.

I have online Cure friends who followed The Cure around this tour, seeing them 30 times and more, and they are all just ecstatic that they got to be there. They never talk much about the “new album” - if it shows up, fine. If it doesn’t, it doesn’t.

Maybe he changed his mind and decided he’s not putting this one out. Maybe he has writer’s block and the only thing he’d write about would be how much he hates some of his fans. Maybe he’s done the vocals and it just takes time to put the album out.

With crazy fans accusing him of awful shit, or relentlessly bitching at him for not doing enough (in South America, he didn’t show up one day to sign shit and you’d think he’d personally pissed on all of them). (“This girl took a bus for 3 hours and made a little Robert doll by hand to give to him, and he didn’t even show her the courtesy of coming down so she could give it to him.” WTF! No, she went all that way to see a band perform, not to hand a senior citizen a fucking effigy of himself.) It’s seemingly never enough.

I can barely crank out the first paragraph of anything, and truly wonder how people expect writers to just “do it come on we’re waiting,” like it’s knitting a sweater or something.

Christ, people were asking about the album in threads where RS’s paintings were being auctioned for charity, and in threads about Roger receiving “treatments” for an illness, etc. It’s just ridiculous. “Gee, do you think Roger might have cancer?” “I dunno, where the fuck is the new album?”

The incessant whining I see all over the internet makes me root for it never getting done, and him putting out a solo ambient album or something akin to “Metal Machine Music” just to stick it up the ass of all these people effectively saying “give me it! now!”

I’d much prefer a reissue of live VIDEOS. And a SOLO PROJECT! And, as mentioned, live albums with extra tracks.

(I suspect - with the stuff I’VE heard - that the new album is on its way and a supportive Stage 4 of the tour is in the works.)

“The internet” has turned into a fucking swirling cesspool of useless shit, save for the pockets of true fans who manage to find each other out there (mostly on IG) and create a happy joyful space.
    I will say the people on TCC are pretty calm for the most part.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Meh it's nothing new. I get you, people are awful. Not just Cure fans. It wasn't that long ago shitty weird stalker NIN fans were in the spotlight. And I've seen similar behaviour in Coil fan spaces of all things. You're bang-on that 99.9% of the fans are more than content with the amazing live shows we've been getting. And I'm sure someone loves the picture discs even if they aren't for me.

This thing made me realise I don't actually seem to own Show, or perhaps I've just lost it.

I've been meaning to ask. The next album in sequence for a deluxe edition would be "Wild Mood Swings". What would you speculate could be on it?
    I can’t remember exactly what he said, but he did mention a handful of songs that would appear on a future DE when this came out:

https://www.dekmag.com/new-products/dek03

I may have made points/notes about it earlier on in this thread a bit after its official release date.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Meh it's nothing new. I get you, people are awful. Not just Cure fans. It wasn't that long ago shitty weird stalker NIN fans were in the spotlight.
    That’s true, crazy NIN fans are actually worse.

Stalking, calling Reznor’s wife awful names. He left Twitter 100% due to crazy assholes. There’s zero wonder that he hides his kids.
    Last edited by allegro; 01-19-2024 at 09:41 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    I will say the people on TCC are pretty calm for the most part.
    The copy-and-paste of my trademark post from here, over there, in a thread about IP theft is, frankly, the epitome of cesspool.

And lookee who did it, too. Couldn’t even bother to fucking paraphrase.

IMG_6550.jpeg
    Last edited by allegro; 01-19-2024 at 10:18 AM.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    The copy-and-paste of my trademark post from here, over there, in a thread about IP theft is, frankly, the epitome of cesspool.

And lookee who did it, too. Couldn’t even bother to fucking paraphrase.

IMG_6550.jpeg
    sorry about that. was just trying to share info. didn't see a problem since the original was basically a cut & paste too. sure are a lot of anal retentive people on the web....

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    sorry about that. was just trying to share info. didn't see a problem since the original was basically a cut & paste too. sure are a lot of anal retentive people on the web....
    It wasn’t cut-and-paste. I actually wrote that, myself.

You could have paraphrased the fucking thing, or at least given a link credit. 30 years of legal experience and education plus an English degree affording me the ability to WRITE isn’t being “anal retentive,” Chuckles.

p.s. An ellipsis is three dots. Not anal retentive, just actual English grammar.
    Last edited by allegro; 01-19-2024 at 11:02 AM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I can’t remember exactly what he said, but he did mention a handful of songs that would appear on a future DE when this came out:

https://www.dekmag.com/new-products/dek03

I may have made points/notes about it earlier on in this thread a bit after its official release date.
    I forgot all about that magazine. I haven’t even read it, even after scanning it. It’s in my loft, I was going to sell it.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    It wasn’t cut-and-paste. I actually wrote that, myself.

You could have paraphrased the fucking thing, or at least given a link credit. 30 years of legal experience and education plus an English degree affording me the ability to WRITE isn’t being “anal retentive,” Chuckles.

p.s. An ellipsis is three dots. Not anal retentive, just actual English grammar.

this is really low on my list of stuff i have to deal with right now. you could sue me but way things are looking i wouldn't live to pay it. its very hard for me to write at length right now. too many drugs & very little sleep. i apologized. if that's not good enough so be it.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    this is really low on my list of stuff i have to deal with right now. you could sue me but way things are looking i wouldn't live to pay it. its very hard for me to write at length right now. too many drugs & very little sleep. i apologized. if that's not good enough so be it.
    You apologized, but wrote it off by accusing ME of plagiarism. In law, we have to cite the text of a lawsuit to "summarize" it, which was what I did vs. just posting a link to a lawsuit.

You could have simply posted a link to the lawsuit, for "information" (vs. stealing a paragraph that included a summary and an opinion).

I understand your situation; I have a blind friend and another close friend with R.A. and both use speech-to-text.

Sue you? LOL, that would cost ME money! And I'm dealing with CANCER, and I'm a full-time caregiver to a Mom with Alzheimer's. Wow, our competing lists of depressing grievances really fare well in The Cure thread.

Here's, let's join hands and sing ...
    Last edited by allegro; 02-26-2024 at 09:59 PM.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    You apologized, but wrote it off by accusing ME of plagiarism. In law, we have to cite the text of a lawsuit to "summarize" it, which was what I did vs. just posting a link to a lawsuit.

You could have simply posted a link to the lawsuit, for "information" (vs. stealing a paragraph that included a summary and an opinion).

I understand your situation; I have a blind friend and another close friend with R.A. and both use speech-to-text.

Sue you? LOL, that would cost ME money! And I'm dealing with CANCER, and I'm a full-time caregiver to a Mom with Alzheimer's. Wow, our competing lists of depressing grievances really fare well in The Cure thread.

Here's, let's join hands and sing ...

[It's The Cure meets NIN version of Kumbaya]
    I didn't accuse you of anything. Been down that road with parent dementia & am dealing with an early cancer issue also. If I don't bleed out first.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Oh Jesus fucking Christ.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    So err WMS extras anyone?

Or (skipping BF) self titled? Will we get the Ross Robinson mix?

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    If we had an album for each time we’ve been told there will be a new album we’d have over 10 albums by now.

Also, I loled at the Wild Mood Swings deluxe edition being talked about (thanks @jmtd!) in the DEK magazine feature. The one for Wish still isn’t even bloody out yet and Robert’s in there talking about potentially releasing a disc with an alternate track listing for WMS as well as 7 other songs/bsides from those sessions no one has ever heard before. “Ahead Of Ourselves” should be RS’s favourite NIN song at this point.
    ^^^^

@jmtd, there we go, 7 unreleased tracks. That’s back on page 52 of this thread. I think you scanned it for me and I read it all.

Prior to that, on the previous page or so, RS was ready to make an album announcement in approximately “six weeks”.

It’s interesting reading back. Also, I made some post about that talked-about song “Christmas Without You” ending up being “It Can Never Be The Same”.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    TWO NEW T-SHIRTS BENEFITTING UNHCR
    “REMEMBER ME TONIGHT” PART OF THE LYRIC TO ‘AND NOTHING IS FOREVER' THE SECOND SONG OF THE UPCOMING 'SONGS OF A LOST WORLD' ALBUM. ORDER AT HTTPS://LNK.TO/REMEMBERMETONIGHT

OMG is this a hint at the new album finally coming out?

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Man, this has to be the longest, most drawn-out promotional campaign I’ve ever seen.

Also, last day of Summer down here today. *puts on song*

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Simon Prices' "Curepaedia" is a really fun read. Recommended. But I can't find the "40 live" entry!
    https://store.whiterabbitbooks.co.uk/products/curepedia

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    So, I've been listening to the 30th Anniversary Edition of Paris all weekend. Really been enjoying it, as it's always been my favorite live record from The Cure.

With that said, there's a few things I find confusing. Like the way last year's Wish Boxset included an excellent remastered version of End that was recorded at one of the very same gigs as Paris. Not sure why it didn't merit inclusion here, especially since it had already been remastered for Wish. Not to even mention that three entire shows were recorded for this record and I would LOVE to hear every second of all of them. Fascination Street, Fire in Cairo, To Wish Impossible Things, and Faith are all tracks I think would fit this record perfectly were they to be included. Maybe it just came down to runtime and vinyl these days, who knows?

What confuses me even more is that Show, which is the more popular and well known live Cure record, was also remastered and put out on vinyl last year. That album is seemingly still unavailable in any form digitally, be it streaming or CD. I have no idea why that would be the case as I would love to pay for it. Honestly, I'd pay a lot for a proper Paris/Show box set that included ALL of those shows mastered properly.

Speaking of live shows, does anyone remember a couple years ago when The Cure had that awesome tour to support their excellent new record Songs of a Lost World. Man that album was great, I need to go back and revisit it. Oh, wait...

But seriously, this Paris record is a reminder of what makes The Cure great and why quite honestly they've earned the right to do whatever the fuck they want to do whenever they want to do it. And they were on top of their game here. Long live THEcURE!!!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    @burnmotherfucker! - that album was almost as good as that amazing Blu-ray release of the Reflections shows from 2011.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Does anyone know of a live recording of Before Three where Robert gets all of the lyrics right?