Page 41 of 70 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 2095

Thread: The Cure

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I won't get excited about a new album until I'm holding it. We've been through this song and dance so many times with The Cure. Still waiting on that Wish remaster....

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    I’m actually more excited about hearing about the new album from someone other than RS for a change.

Here is a copypasta:

As for future plans with The Cure and whisperings around their long-awaited new album, O’Donnell told NME: “We’re finishing the record, it’s pretty much done. Whenever Robert does an interview, it’s interesting for the rest of the band to find out what we’re doing as well! But we’re just mixing and mastering the record now.
    “There’s no rush, is there? It’s been 12 years. It is an amazing record though and totally worth waiting for. We’re very excited by it.”

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

On this day in 1996 (Mint Car and IBD on SNL). They look so young lol

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x14sdcg if it doesn't play in the post.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    I forgot all about this. Hypnotic.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Even if I was a madly fan for more than 10 years, this is the first time I see this !

Fabulous, great.
    Is it really the band on stage ? I can easily see them.

1983 was a really fabulous small live tour. Really loved the shows

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    One of my favorite performances of one of my favorite songs! From what I remember, it's not technically The Cure but rather a sort of mix of The Cure and The Glove. Robert and Lol are there and Steve Severin (of Siouxsie and the Banshees) is on bass. Must have been right after Simon had left?

Anyway, here is a better quality color version of that performance. Although for some reason I actually prefer the black and white. Adds to the atmosphere

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    who is at the violin ?

More or less at the same period :

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burnmotherfucker! View Post
    Must have been right after Simon had left?
    According to me, Simon left the band directly after Bruxelles 82, so June 11 1982. Very particular show with apocalyptic encore, kind of Forever with roadies on stage and band swith their instrument. I found a version online (average quality):

This video is March 1983, so more or less 8 months later.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMEO172 View Post
    who is at the violin ?
    The violinists are credited as Anne Stephenson & Virginia Hewes. I'm not sure who they are but their playing really elevates the song. The studio version of that song is perfection and yet the violins here add another layer to it.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    According to me, Simon left the band directly after Bruxelles 82, so June 11 1982. Very particular show with apocalyptic encore, kind of Forever with roadies on stage and band swith their instrument. I found a version online (average quality)
    Interesting, I haven't heard that before. Glad Simon came back after all that. One of the best bassists of all time and completely essential to the Cure. But that weird inbetween period with Robert in the Banshees and forming the Glove and then eventually making The Top album was fun. Also the Banshees are underrated and I think Robert learned a lot from his time with them.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burnmotherfucker! View Post
    Interesting, I haven't heard that before. Glad Simon came back after all that. One of the best bassists of all time and completely essential to the Cure. But that weird inbetween period with Robert in the Banshees and forming the Glove and then eventually making The Top album was fun. Also the Banshees are underrated and I think Robert learned a lot from his time with them.
    Don't forget that in 1979 there was a Siouxsie / The Cure tour (join hands tour). Robert was in both bands as the guitarist left Siouxsie band just before te third gig. So the connection between both band is far before 1983.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    siamese twins is one of my favorite cure songs ever, along with the figurehead, which i covered on my recent covers EP (if anyone's interested in hearing my interpretation). the plucked chords in the verses of the figurehead are such weird shapes that my hand had trouble holding them. i ended up having to use two different tunings (one for the 1st & 3rd chords, one for the 2nd & 4th) so that i could actually hold them in a way as to let the notes ring out. it was a really challenging song to record but i'm very happy with how it turned out in the end.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Don't forget that in 1979 there was a Siouxsie / The Cure tour (join hands tour). Robert was in both bands as the guitarist left Siouxsie band just before te third gig. So the connection between both band is far before 1983.
    I did know Robert played guitar with the Banshees but for some reason I thought that was also during that 82-83 time frame. Didn't realize they went back that far. I remember reading some rumor that the first time Robert put on lipstick it was Siouxsie Sioux's. No idea if its true but it makes sense with the bands touring together before the 1980s.
    Last edited by burnmotherfucker!; 06-13-2020 at 06:53 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yeah Robert played with the banshees on multiple occasions throughout the 80s: early 80s and 82-83 when he was making both The Top with The Cure and Hyćna with The Banshees at the same time.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Seventeen Seconds and Bloodflowers pic discs are on sale as of today. Still in stock at the links below.

Really hoping for a standard bloodflowers repress soon..

SS - https://www.turntablelab.com/collect...cord-store-day

Blood - https://www.turntablelab.com/collect...cord-store-day

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Yeah for those who enjoy picture discs, please enjoy. Not for me

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I picked up the Bloodflowers PD today mostly just getting it for the collection, but I was massively surprised to find out that this pressing doesn't sound like shit. It sounds very full and warm. I'm shook. This has to be the best sounding picture disc I've ever heard.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    I picked up the Bloodflowers PD today mostly just getting it for the collection, but I was massively surprised to find out that this pressing doesn't sound like shit. It sounds very full and warm. I'm shook. This has to be the best sounding picture disc I've ever heard.
    wait til you try to listen to it a second time

seriously, though, i'm really glad you picked it up and it doesn't sound bad! i still have my fingers crossed for a standard pressing, though.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah just finished a spin of the copy I grabbed this morning and pleasantly surprised.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    anyone know where I can get this online?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Seconding this. It's really, really good.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Wish deluxe? Where are you?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Wish deluxe? Where are you?
    Same place The Fragile Deluxe currently resides.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Same place The Fragile Deluxe currently resides.
    & the new Cure album. I'm starting to think we'll have to wait until Mary puts it out as a posthumous release like the Prince & Bowie estates are doing.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I still think wish deluxe is a certainty, but TF deluxe is not going to happen. We are fast approaching Wish’s 30th anniversary, maybe that’ll do it

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Looks like Bob has been talking about the new album again.
    https://www.nme.com/news/music/rober...record-2749119
    I missed the Gorillaz track, but even with a Robert Smith vocal I don't feel inclined to listen. Maybe another day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipRock View Post
    Looks like Bob has been talking about the new album again.
    https://www.nme.com/news/music/rober...record-2749119
    I missed the Gorillaz track, but even with a Robert Smith vocal I don't feel inclined to listen. Maybe another day.
    Here we go again....I'll believe it when I see it.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    I'm actually more inclined to believe it now that he's had so much time to work on the projects in quarantine.

Really liking the sound of that 10+ minute epic closing track the article mentions!

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Probably the closest we will get to a new Cure album

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post

Probably the closest we will get to a new Cure album
    His voice is sounding as good as ever.

Ironic that a tentative title for the new album, or one of the new albums, was "Live From The Moon," and now Robert's face literally is the moon in this video...