Page 38 of 70 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 2095

Thread: The Cure

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Posting this in both the APHND thread and here.

Fucking epic!

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Funny, I'm having the exact opposite feeling. I'm not sure if 4 CD's and whatever kind of exclusive "book" is worth the extra ~$50 and am almost kind of wanting to just change my order to the regular Blu-ray (which in itself seems like a waste as I'd be more than happy just using streaming services if it's gonna just be on Netflix or whatever)
    I'm still obsessing over this. Five days to go; i haven't seen any review or coverage of pictures of the deluxe set except Tim Pope's tweet. I doubt it will be sold out so I guess I could just wait until after release to decide. But then I'd have to leave my standard ed unopened if I wanted to return it. Wish someone would get it early and post pics and a review!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I opted for the standard Blu Ray edition. I know I'll probably never really listen to the CDs. As it is, I'll probably watch each concert once lol (already saw the one in theater).

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Me too.

Got my dispatch notification...

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Audio rips are circulating. It sounds great although Burn is a little less crisp than the BBC's recording from Glastonbury. I haven't found a video leak yet. Should drop through my letter box Tomorrow. Not sure I'll be able to play it on my Linux laptop haha

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Deluxe ed unboxing

This has made me feel I made the right choice going standard. The standard ed looks high enough quality and there's nothing in the deluxe exclusive book to miss really. The press photos are ancient ones. I suspect the words in the smaller standard ed book are the same. Hopefully I find out tomorrow

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    i got the standard blu-ray. watched cureation. outstanding. watching hyde park now. good in a different way. way more hits oriented for sure.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    BTW: can we please start calling Jason Cooper "Flock of Seagulls head"?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    It arrived! Very pleased with "standard" blu ray. The booklet contents are identical to deluxe, just formatted for the HB book proportions. It looks high quality except for a stuck-on back sheet which has more information than what was printed on the book. I can only imagine a late series fuck up is responsible there. I wonder if all the copies are like that or just first run. I'll put some pics up when I'm home.

Now having fun remembering how to play blu rays in Linux

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Here's some shots of the "standard" blu ray set. I'm still really happy with the choice I made. It feels really high quality considering it's not the deluxe release. And it's a good size for storage.

https://imgur.com/a/5j0XGxd

I've been listening to some stolen copies of the album (whilst I waited for the thing to arrive). The MP3 albums I pirated sound quite cooked, and clippy and distorted at times. I haven't noticed this on the blu ray, although I'm using different equipment for playback. I wonder if the video audio is a different master to the CD audio, or perhaps my pirate copy is pre-master, or maybe even bootlegs and not the video release audio at all. I'll rip my BR audio at some point to compare properly.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Yeah, I'm totally having buyer's remorse over getting the deluxe. It's a gigantic box that might as well be stored with my vinyl haha. I figured at least I could rip the CD's to my iTunes, but both shows are available on Apple Music so that's lovely haha

I've only watched the Cureation performance and it was a great watch. I thought Us and Them was sadly the low point of the show (okay nevermind, that definitely goes to Step Into the Light) - that song normally fucking thrashes but I think Robert was losing steam or interest or both. Sinking has to be probably my most favorite Cure song ever. Such a hypnotic bass line and an immersive soundscape that's somehow even better when they do it live.

Looking forward to watching the Anniversary portion this weekend with a friend and then I'll probably just give him the whole set and if I feel like it at some point I'll pick up the "standard" version.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Enjoy! Turn it up for "burn" :-)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    FINALLY!!!! Out of nowhere!!

Pre-orders are up!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    That's weird, I can't see the latest post? Assume it's about the 17 Seconds Calendar, which yeah it's a bit of a troll move when everyone is expecting/wanting a new album. I've had the 3IB one hanging up at the bar in my basement all year though, so I'm really happy to have another one for next year!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post

sounds like they are going to put out the whole thing. nice but really hoping its not another excuse to not put out the new record. it's at the point of being "the return of chinese democracy".

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post

Are these just clips from the free show that was broadcast on YouTube?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I'm not entirely sure, but I think they're not yet seen before being posted yesterday? Robert pimped them on the FB, but I'm not 100%...there's been like four full concerts they've released videos of recently lol.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Not sure if this release would be necessary... We already have a full Disintegration set on Trilogy...

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    Not sure if this release would be necessary... We already have a full Disintegration set on Trilogy...
    Minus the live era b-sides.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

And the Entreat live album

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    But they also performed all the b-sides and demos. If it comes out officially, I'll probably get a copy.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    It’s never just about the track list But the performance. Perhaps this was a great show, better than trilogy captured. Perhaps not

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    It’s never just about the track list But the performance. Perhaps this was a great show, better than trilogy captured. Perhaps not
    It was absolutely better than Trilogy. I recall pointing that out when it was broadcast; I thought it was because Robert was using his Fender VI, but it was pointed out to me that he used it on Trilogy, too. I guess Trilogy is just not mixed that great.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Also Reeves Gabrels joined since then and he’s awesome

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I will admit that is a huge factor. Reeves is special & I've been a big fan since his days with Bowie. I've had a little indirect interaction with him & his wife & they are really nice people. I guess I'm just frustrated about the endless delays with the new record. When I saw the Cure in 2016 (FINALLY! long story) they were incredible, especially the second show I went to in Portland. I think Trent & Atticus have me spoiled with the constant supply of great, new music!

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    That's a good point.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    https://shop.thecure.com/store/

I wish it was some kind of tie-in with a Wish remaster, but it looks like The Cure are celebrating Valentine's Day early with a bunch of Friday I'm in Love-themed merch. That specific band logo is a tat I've been considering for quite some time, actually.

I guess maybe 2022 for the 30th anniversary would make more sense to release at this point. I just want Lost Wishes in higher quality. It's absurd that the remaster is finished and just waiting around in limbo.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

I wish it was some kind of tie-in with a Wish remaster, but it looks like The Cure are celebrating Valentine's Day early with a bunch of Friday I'm in Love-themed merch. That specific band logo is a tat I've been considering for quite some time, actually.

I guess maybe 2022 for the 30th anniversary would make more sense to release at this point. I just want Lost Wishes in higher quality. It's absurd that the remaster is finished and just waiting around in limbo.
    I’ve always wondered why they dropped the ”the” from that era’s logo and just had it as “Cure”.

That’s another topic in itself, too. Do you prefer bands like NIN that keep the same logo for their entire career? Or prefer bands like The Cure or especially Depeche Mode who changed their font/band name design with every single album release?

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

i can't take any dates for anything seriously any more. very discouraging. maybe you'll get a nice calendar or something. i wish robert would release the new record & shut me up about this!