Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post

Great Oak Stage
    The Cure 20:20 - 22:20
    Interpol 18:35 - 19:35
    Goldfrapp 17:25 - 18:05
    Editors 16:00 - 16:45
    Slowdive 14:50 - 15:30
    Pale Waves 13:50

Other than missing Ride, I would literally just park here for the entire day. Seeing Pale Waves for the second time in December, they're great. And then it just rolls along all day, fuck.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm sure they'll fight past the curfew as much as possible, but they should get at least 2 hours at the show next weekend.
    If they break curfew, the power will just get turned off. That's what happened when Bruce Springsteen tried to do it (and he had Paul McCartney on stage too!).
    It SUPER tight at that venue.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    well that was fun!

We sadly missed slowdive because we got snagged up in Pride but, we got to see Pride and that was pretty awesome

Goldfrapp were excellent

Two more cure songs off my bucket list finally: “if only tonight we could sleep” and “killing an arab” (seen that once before but after it mysteriously dropped from the set list at Manchester I was really keen to hear it again)

“Disintegration” and “fascination street” were nice surprises, as well as “jumping someone else’s train” transitioning straight into “grinding halt”

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    well that was fun!

We sadly missed slowdive because we got snagged up in Pride but, we got to see Pride and that was pretty awesome

Goldfrapp were excellent

Two more cure songs off my bucket list finally: “if only tonight we could sleep” and “killing an arab” (seen that once before but after it mysteriously dropped from the set list at Manchester I was really keen to hear it again)

“Disintegration” and “fascination street” were nice surprises, as well as “jumping someone else’s train” transitioning straight into “grinding halt”
    Are they doing Killing An Arab properly again or are they still calling it Killing Another like they did on that live album from 2011?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    It’s back to its proper title, however I’ve seen it as “another” before and it wasn’t at all diminished imho

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tape of the show is up on Dime already

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    here's a video of it. pretty awesome.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've been reading about the show and it looks wonderful. I really hope The Cure go on another massive tour next year. I've been wanting to go back to those 2016 concerts ever since I went! I don't know what it is about them that makes their shows amazing. It's not like there's hard core dancing (aside from Robert's wiggles) or an intense light show. I guess it's because they're great at fan service. They do long ass sets and they change it up every night. Most bands who tour now stick to the same safe setlist and it's not as exciting. My girlfriend went to both 2016 Chicago shows with me and she was amazed on how they felt like two different shows. That's the magic of The Cure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I too am really hoping they tour extensively next year, I've never seen them and have been a fan since I was a kid. The last time I could have seen them they played Portland, OR on my birthday of all days, and I was in Maui (Boo hoo) . I will travel to see them, but I hope they continue to tour so I can see them at least once!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InsectGod View Post
    I too am really hoping they tour extensively next year, I've never seen them and have been a fan since I was a kid. The last time I could have seen them they played Portland, OR on my birthday of all days, and I was in Maui (Boo hoo) . I will travel to see them, but I hope they continue to tour so I can see them at least once!
    the Portland (Ridgefield) show in 2016 was a stunner. i also saw them a week & a half earlier in vegas @ the cosmopolitan. 2 very different shows.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Odd setlist. Seemed more like a festival/greatest hits set which is what Robert hinted at....The set from a 2 weeks earlier was far superior with a lot of deep cuts
    Last edited by Helpmeiaminhell; 07-10-2018 at 05:52 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    here's a video of it. pretty awesome.
    Sadly its' been copyright whack-a-mole'd by "KIETH" whoever that is. I was midway thru writing a blog post referencing a bunch of offsets into it

Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Odd setlist. Seemed more like a festival/greatest hits set which is what Robert hinted at....The set from a 2 weeks earlier was far superior with a lot of deep cuts
    I'm on the fence about it. Sure it's a greatest-hits list, but the performance was GREAT, and there are still some surprises in there, and the obvious stuff (Inbetween Days, Just Like Heaven, etc.) went down extremely well with the audience. Sure I'd love to have seen "At Night", or "Like Cockatoos", or maybe one of the new songs, although I don't have any emotional resonance with those anyway. The CURAETION set isn't that deep to be honest. I saw 100 years and Want in Manchester; we got ANLT, PoU, High, Green Sea, Disintegration, If Only...,Shake Dog, A Forest, Boys.. in Hyde Park as well as CURAETION.

In fact if you only went to CURAETION you'd have missed Burn!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Burn is such an awesome song, especially live. I never cared for it until I saw it live...honestly, I listened to it maybe once. Saw it live and it's become one of my favorite Cure songs!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    Burn is such an awesome song, especially live. I never cared for it until I saw it live...honestly, I listened to it maybe once. Saw it live and it's become one of my favorite Cure songs!
    Reeves Gabrels seriously goes off on that song live. Splendid!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Oh man I thought I was going to faint when I heard those pan pipes live! Not only did I ever think I would get to see The Cure, I never thought I would get to hear Burn!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Robert ignored The Top and also a song like 'Burn' for so long....I wonder if Reeves is the one who got him to embrace that material. I vaguely remember some interview a few years ago where he mentioned Reeves pushing him to play more Top stuff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The Top is such a great album. Super weird, but really good if you give it a chance. When I saw them in 2016 they played The Top for the first time in over 30 years....what a special evening. It took me a minute to figure out what was happening and then I heard the spinning top noises and I thought I was going to burst. I try not to record too much at shows, but I had to get that to at least show my brother who couldn't make it. He's the whole reason why I love The Cure now.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaydraven View Post
    The Top is such a great album. Super weird, but really good if you give it a chance. When I saw them in 2016 they played The Top for the first time in over 30 years....what a special evening. It took me a minute to figure out what was happening and then I heard the spinning top noises and I thought I was going to burst. I try not to record too much at shows, but I had to get that to at least show my brother who couldn't make it. He's the whole reason why I love The Cure now.
    I honestly think Give Me It and The Top in Chicago a couple years ago were life changing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I honestly think Give Me It and The Top in Chicago a couple years ago were life changing.
    Oh man! I forgot about Give Me It! That first night in Chicago was fucking magical. I'm just bummed they didn't do Piggy in the Mirror. It's one of my favorites from The Top and from The Cure in general. But it was super cool when Robert pulled out Bananafishbones for their Riot Fest set. So, it seems like he's been trying to show that album some love lately. I think he finally sees it's not as bad as he thought it was.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Top was definitely an extension of the stuff he was doing with Severin and The Glove...I think he even said a few Top songs started out as Glove songs (Dressing Up, possibly Caterpillar) but he dug them so much, he made them Cure songs....

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    i think that trent should sign the cure to nothing records for a new record. lot of hardcore cure fans disagree but i think it would be a perfect home for robert. he would get the respect & attention he deserves. also, a bit of input from trent & atticus on recording a new record would most likely be a very good thing.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    i think that trent should sign the cure to nothing records for a new record. lot of hardcore cure fans disagree but i think it would be a perfect home for robert. he would get the respect & attention he deserves. also, a bit of input from trent & atticus on recording a new record would most likely be a very good thing.
    Nothing Records hasn't existed for fourteen years.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    Nothing Records hasn't existed for fourteen years.
    sorry. whatever the entity that trent releases stuff on now. i'm not too anal retentive about stuff like that as in the end it doesn't matter really anyway.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    sorry. whatever the entity that trent releases stuff on now. i'm not too anal retentive about stuff like that as in the end it doesn't matter really anyway.
    Capital Records...?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Capital Records...?
    i could be definitely be wrong but i thought trent had his own thing & he licenses stuff out to distributors. i think 1 of the trilogy was put out on cd by universal & 2 on capitol. at this point, capitol might be owned by universal too. things change. i was in the business for 25 years but have been out of it for over 10 years. i worked in distribution for a few companies. of course the internet pretty much killed what i was doing. i held on longer than most. at the height of it (the grunge years for me) i worked for a large retailer in the northwest. we had over 100 stores, some of which had full fledged record stores in them. i was doing purchasing for them. at the end, i worked for a smaller distributor. we did a lot of business in alaska & i also had racks in truck stops. a proud moment: during david bowie's reality tour there was a video on his website of the band at a truck stop in the middle of nowhere montana. david was going through my rack (i picked the selection) & commented on how good the titles were.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    trent's label is the null corporation. i would guess he has a manufacture & distribute deal with capitol. trent's obviously a very intelligent guy. this way he owns the masters & rights after the contract expires. most likely he owns the publishing, too. it's the smart way to do it.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    i could be definitely be wrong but i thought trent had his own thing & he licenses stuff out to distributors. i think 1 of the trilogy was put out on cd by universal & 2 on capitol. at this point, capitol might be owned by universal too. things change. i was in the business for 25 years but have been out of it for over 10 years. i worked in distribution for a few companies. of course the internet pretty much killed what i was doing. i held on longer than most. at the height of it (the grunge years for me) i worked for a large retailer in the northwest. we had over 100 stores, some of which had full fledged record stores in them. i was doing purchasing for them. at the end, i worked for a smaller distributor. we did a lot of business in alaska & i also had racks in truck stops. a proud moment: during david bowie's reality tour there was a video on his website of the band at a truck stop in the middle of nowhere montana. david was going through my rack (i picked the selection) & commented on how good the titles were.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'm finally giving Bloodflowers a listen to and so far I'm loving what I'm hearing - just one question - according to Wikipedia there was a online only bonus track called Spilt Milk. Does anyone know where to get that in decent quality? :/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disassociative View Post
    I'm finally giving Bloodflowers a listen to and so far I'm loving what I'm hearing - just one question - according to Wikipedia there was a online only bonus track called Spilt Milk. Does anyone know where to get that in decent quality? :/
    By online only, I'm pretty sure they mean Napster because that's the only place I ever remember seeing that song? So I'd be surprised if it was ever better quality than a 192kbps file unfortunately.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    By online only, I'm pretty sure they mean Napster because that's the only place I ever remember seeing that song? So I'd be surprised if it was ever better quality than a 192kbps file unfortunately.
    Ahh bummer. That’s what I thought especially given the release date. Was just hoping some of you guys might have stumbled onto a better version somehow haha
    hopefully Bloodflowers gets the reissue treatment with that song?