Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: Resident Evil Series

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    RE4 Remake Chainsaw Demo is available today! No time limit for the demo, can play it as long as you'd like.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    My RE4 Collector's Edition pre-order was cancelled so that's cool.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Really impressed with the remake. I think it stands alongside the other remakes in greatness, so your mileage will vary on each depending on how you take to the differences in tone and pacing. RE4 obviously has the most modern references for comparison to its original and I'm pretty surprised with how successfully they we stepped up the action but also at how they've wrangled some of the dialogue in so it's not *quite* so cheesy. I do miss some of the old one liners that got cut. But Leon is a more convincing action hero in this version... They've even made the spin kick kind of work in this context. The action sequences are more tense and involved than even in RE 3 remake, which already had me at the edge of my seat. This one delivers on the huge zombie crowds that just keep coming. And the lighting effects with the fire and torches in the darkness are fantastic with raytracing o.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Agree with above... I miss my "No thanks, BRO" line.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I just finished it. Done so perfectly 10/10

game is almost the same with a darker feel to it
    Last edited by Rdm; 03-27-2023 at 09:00 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prick View Post
    Agree with above... I miss my "No thanks, BRO" line.
    I do miss all the cheesy one liners. That weird line the zombies would chant over and over again? but the trade off is a game I can almost take seriously from a dialogue standpoint, which is more than any other RE game has accomplished. It's more point break/Keanu levels of cheesy now rather than whatever shit show we had before. Which was fun, don't get me wrong, it's all classic. But this stuff works too it's funny I think the achievement for that scene is still called "No thanks, bro!"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I do miss all the cheesy one liners. That weird line the zombies would chant over and over again? but the trade off is a game I can almost take seriously from a dialogue standpoint, which is more than any other RE game has accomplished. It's more point break/Keanu levels of cheesy now rather than whatever shit show we had before. Which was fun, don't get me wrong, it's all classic. But this stuff works too it's funny I think the achievement for that scene is still called "No thanks, bro!"
    They definitely gave us one liners enough to sate, but I do think it's expecting too much for them to copy paste the dialog exactly from the original like I want hahaha. I don't think I've ever wanted solid plot or great, even good dialogue out of an RE game (hell I think RE6 was a GREAT game), but I miss how campy the original was, even though I get they wanted to go for a more believable, serious direction with this remake.

Just finished my first playthrough a 21.21:21 (h/m/s), B rank. I'll be playing this for the next month exclusively hunting that S+ and Plat trophy, but very much looking forward. I think it might be better than REmake2, but it's such a long game I'll have to see how much fun it is ro replay and do the challenges for. I'll stop talking before you cut me off, say "You talk too much", and shoot me in the face.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Does it still have the cringe bit when he suddenly realises Hannigan is hot when she takes her glasses off?

Finally got round to finishing off RE3 remake which is fantastic, just a bit short. Love that Nemesis follows you about more rather than just set pieces. Kind of miss the choices bit though which improves replay. Liked that they also redeemed Brad's character a bit and made him more heroic. Still think that RE2 is best remake but waiting for RE4 to come down in price a bit, £50 is a bit too much currently. The demo is insane though, still haven't finished it
    Last edited by WorzelG; 03-28-2023 at 05:25 AM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I've ended up playing 3 more than 2 just because it's so short and so fast paced. It also, for some reason, looks significantly better than 2. That said, now that 4 exists alongside it's contemporary counter parts I think I ultimately like 2 the best followed by Village and maybe also 7. You really can't beat that "trapped in a police station with a hangover" hook and the tension brought in by Mr. X and I think the atmosphere ultimately exceeds the others. That said in retrospect I appreciate that they all do feel pretty distinct and each entry feels justified in that way.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    This situation with Ada's voice is stupid. I honestly think lily gao's performance IS bad. Whether it's her fault or the voice director's fault is another question. There is a group of people that are harassing her over it. That is gross and over the line. What's also gross is that there are defenders of her lumping people legitimately critical of her performance with those people. I've seen people accuse Suzi Hunter of being the reason for the toxic trolls, despite her only offering legitimate criticism. Can people really not accept criticism anymore?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Somebody found a Debug Build of Resident Evil 4, for the PS2. What an amazing find!

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    This situation with Ada's voice is stupid. I honestly think lily gao's performance IS bad. Whether it's her fault or the voice director's fault is another question. There is a group of people that are harassing her over it. That is gross and over the line. What's also gross is that there are defenders of her lumping people legitimately critical of her performance with those people. I've seen people accuse Suzi Hunter of being the reason for the toxic trolls, despite her only offering legitimate criticism. Can people really not accept criticism anymore?
    I would look to both people harassing her and the people that are mad that she's less sexualized because yeah instinctively I just tend to think that's what that's about especially in a resident evil game where all of the performances and dialogue are comically bad