Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Resident Evil Series

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    New easter egg/RE3 tie-in trophy/achievement in RE2 was released this past week. Spoiler: Letter from Jill at Kendo Gun Shop in Leon A Scenario story

New photo. I hate the nose but I kinda dig the stretched skin look they gave his face this go around. Adds to the gruesome factor and definitely makes for a more body horror aspect.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    New easter egg/RE3 tie-in trophy/achievement in RE2 was released this past week. Spoiler: Letter from Jill at Kendo Gun Shop in Leon A Scenario story

New photo. I hate the nose but I kinda dig the stretched skin look they gave his face this go around. Adds to the gruesome factor and definitely makes for a more body horror aspect.

I dunno, i'm hearing a lot of negative feedback about the nose, but i think it's adds to the unsettling look of it. Very much into the body horror aspect of it.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    I dunno, i'm hearing a lot of negative feedback about the nose, but i think it's adds to the unsettling look of it. Very much into the body horror aspect of it.
    He’s had no nose and iconic look in the franchise for 20 years and in various games and movies.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I've pretty much never played a Resident Evil game because I'm a huge weeny and 90% of these games were notorious for spiders (big arachnophobe) but i heard they took them out of RE2 for the remake which makes me a happy camper, i can deal with everything else that's fucked up but spiders have always been a no go.

I hope they do the same with RE3 remake, then i could pretty much play 2 through 4, skip 5 and 6 then play 7 ( i know there are some little ones but i think i can deal with those).

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    skip 5
    Uh no. I'll defend 5 to my death.

The plaga parasites you're talking about are only in the caves really. Not a super frequent enemy.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 01-01-2020 at 11:09 PM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Uh no. I'll defend 5 to my death.

The plaga parasites you're talking about are only in the caves really. Not a super frequent enemy.
    I'll consider it haha however i had always heard 5 and 6 were the worst of the franchise?

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    I'll consider it haha however i had always heard 5 and 6 were the worst of the franchise?
    6? Sure. (even though I do like it)

5? Fuck no. Screw those people.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    5 is good if you do co-op. Single player experience sucked. Spent more time babysitting than enjoying the game.

6 got co-op right. You didn't have to share a single thing with the AI. The way it should've been in 5.

Imo, both of those games are kind of ridiculous. 6 was evidence that no matter how much capcom wanted to keep doing action games, it had run its course. Like, they ran out of ideas and just threw everything they could hoped it would stick.

7 salvaged and saved the series. Been a forward sprint ever since.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I will always love RE5 for co-op Mercenaries. Playing that with my brother = one of my all-time favorite gaming experiences.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    5 and 6 do not feel like RE games to me. 5 was really trite, but I did enjoy myself despite the terrible AI partner. 6 just felt like a mishmash of ideas that didn't really come together in a cohesive way; 5 gets a pass for me.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Recently got a PS4 copy of RE4 and currently giving it a go after nearly a decade. Man, this is still just a fun game. It's lost nothing over the years.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)