Thread: Resident Evil Series

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition! I never did for RE2 and people flipped it for 200%+ profit (or tried to). Assholes like that coupled with the LE run at only Gamestop made it so I couldn't get it.

Glorious!

Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    He didn't follow you nearly as much as Mr. X does in the remake; I really hope they don't follow that same formula, as it became quite tiresome after awhile in RE:2. Getting different perspectives of the city in the original was cool to see, along with a dodge feature that felt groundbreaking back then.

My main gripe with RE:2 was not being able to smash any zombie skulls on the ground and being forced to either run or let them live. I want this one to feel somewhat different from its predecessor.
    That's why I still haven't beaten RE2 like a dumbass. He's a pain in the ass.

I'm on the Claire (B Scenario) run back to the underground garage and frankly I was exhausted playing the tedious thing and other games came along. I need to beat it.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    That's why I still haven't beaten RE2 like a dumbass. He's a pain in the ass.

I'm on the Claire (B Scenario) run back to the underground garage and frankly I was exhausted playing the tedious thing and other games came along. I need to beat it.
    Nice grab! I noticed you really have to want to beat this game against putting up with the nonsense at the middle to end. I took a long break from it for awhile and that was a HUGE mistake since I was lost on the controls and the overall layout of the dept. I didn't even need the map I was playing this game so fucking much until I stopped. Once you get used to how he moves you can dodge and avoid him pretty easily.

I almost fucked myself at the end so make sure you have enough friggin' ammo for the last boss. I was moments away from restarting (From a very old save file) but I pressed on and had to literally make EVERY shot count at the weak points and I prevailed. I am also a trophy hunter, so I got about 63% finished and I don't think I'm ever going back lol.

Do yourself a favor and beat this fucker. It will make you feel pretty dam good about yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool
    how does it compare in terms of action, location, etc?
    The action is definitely amped up from how the camera zooms in when you're getting attacked, along with being able to hear Mr. X's footsteps that I do not believe you could hear in the original. The locations are almost spot on; they did an excellent job with keeping the aesthetic of the original, but keeping that modern feeling. My only gripe like I said above is not being able to step on their heads when they try to bamboozle you into thinking they're dead.

You also have imagine playing this game with tank controls. Back then we didn't think anything of it. They still sucked but it was more of the norm. I tried to play Resident Evil 1 the other night and I kept getting killed by the infamous first hallway zombie.... 4.... Fucking.... Times and I gave up. Mind you, I played the first 3 Resident Evil games religiously when they came out.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 12-13-2019 at 10:42 PM.