Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil Series

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wasn't there "zombies" with guns in RE4 as well? Maybe I am remembering this incorrectly.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by exilajei View Post
    Wasn't there "zombies" with guns in RE4 as well? Maybe I am remembering this incorrectly.
    None I recall but memory is fuzzy.

Resident Evil 5 there are galore.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I THINK there are a few Ganados that are decently near the end of the game that have guns but it's been so long since I've played RE4 so I am not 100% sure.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    The village Ganados tend to have hatchets / pitchforks etc, the Castle guards have some crossbow archers and in one spot two bazooka wielders, when you get to the Island there are some chain gun ones, but only a few. People say that RE4 is just action and no fear, but I thought the regenerators are some of the scariest monsters in the whole franchise

Other scary elements I thought were

The village at night when the Ganados start to spout parasites
    When you first enter the castle and the castle priests are chanting
    The blinded creatures that hunt you by sound
    Being chased in the sewers by the creature
    Last edited by WorzelG; 09-30-2012 at 05:18 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I thought 4 was great because it updated the gameplay while keeping the B-Movie atmosphere. Face it kids, Resident Evil is just crappy 50's sci-fi/horror movie plotlines updated to the modern era.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Sometimes I think I'm on of the only ones that really, really like 5. Story, gameplay, setting, atmosphere and all.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Was just reading about how they nearly made RE4 into a haunted house game. How the hell were they thinking of working that into the story?

I bet they were just gonna totally Scooby Doo us. That pesky Wesker.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    I thought 4 was great because it updated the gameplay while keeping the B-Movie atmosphere. Face it kids, Resident Evil is just crappy 50's sci-fi/horror movie plotlines updated to the modern era.
    I didn't like RE4 because of Leon. That's basically it. Other than that, I agree with this whole post. RE isn't anything like it used to be. It's now got updated gameplay, camera and voice acting work and that's pretty much it. Everything else is still the same. Story wise and atmosphere wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Sometimes I think I'm on of the only ones that really, really like 5. Story, gameplay, setting, atmosphere and all.
    I loved RE5 actually. I think people who co-oped it on one of their first playthroughs ended up enjoying RE5 more than people who just solo'd it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reason Being View Post
    Was just reading about how they nearly made RE4 into a haunted house game. How the hell were they thinking of working that into the story?

I bet they were just gonna totally Scooby Doo us. That pesky Wesker.
    That's RE 3.5. Was originally 4 but scrapped that whole idea and that became Devil May Cry.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    i thought the Gamecube remake of the first game was pretty awesome
    the graphics were a great improvement
    Resident Evil Zero was ok. Great graphics at the time, but I love the original
    those two games proved that Gamecube could have some amazing graphics, but they stuck with more family oriented games

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    REmake is one of the only games I can actually say that scared the living shit out of me.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Resi 6 is getting a critical mauling. Gamespot just gave it 4.5.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DF118 View Post
    Resi 6 is getting a critical mauling. Gamespot just gave it 4.5.
    Official Playstation Magazine gave it a 9.0/10.

Just matter of opinion. I take reviews of any kind (album, movie, video game, book) with a grain of salt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've been reading that it's essentially just a generic third person shooter that has very little in the way of Resident Evil atmosphere or gameplay. The review over on Destructoid basically summed it up as non-stop action sequences that never really change pace at any point.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darktemplar007 View Post
    I've been reading that it's essentially just a generic third person shooter that has very little in the way of Resident Evil atmosphere or gameplay. The review over on Destructoid basically summed it up as non-stop action sequences that never really change pace at any point.
    Third-Person Action/Shooter games are my favorite gaming genre so I have no complaints.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Joystiq gave it a 3/5. Said it felt scattered and unpolished.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Yea, this game is getting bashed. Game Informer gave it an 8.75, IGN: 7.9, Gamespot: 4.5, PSM: 9.0. It is all a matter of opinion like what was said above, I still cannot wait to dive into this.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I wasn't big on the demo... it all felt a little off with absolutely zero tension across any of the three chunks.. its like they polished away all the niggles from the series and instead of having a good game, they had an average one with no character. I'll prolly wait til next year when its cheap before buying.. if I even get around to it.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Been playing for 5 and a half hours and I'm on Chris' scenario (since I don't care for Leon) and so far I gotta say, it's alright at best. Nothing spectacular and nothing too bad either.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm gonna wait until the price drops, most likely. Or maybe wait until December. Don't think there's anything coming out then and it'll probably be cheaper. Finally got around to playing the demo. It was alright.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Is the game play at least solid? A lot of the complaints i hear about the plot structure kind of just make me more interested...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I went straight to Jake's storyline first. Beat the second chapter a few ago. I must say it's not that easy at all...rather difficult actually. There's a huge shortage on ammo too. I run out quick.

Love it so far actually. Ustanak is a bastard.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I'll wait for black friday.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Considering sucking it up and buying it Friday (payday). See how it goes. Black Friday doesn't sound like too bad of an idea though.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    If you like Resident Evil's lore or story then this is a must buy.

If you're one of those "This isn't Survival Horror Anymore Oh NOEZ!!!1!!!1" then wait.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I do like the lore. I'm skeptical because it looks like they might be jeopardizing it. It hasn't been survival horror for years, yet I absolutely love RE4 and RE5. The demo just felt weird to me.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I do like the lore. I'm skeptical because it looks like they might be jeopardizing it. It hasn't been survival horror for years, yet I absolutely love RE4 and RE5. The demo just felt weird to me.
    Well then you might just like it. The zig-zagging storyline arcs are a bit distracting and an over abundance but the game is fun as hell. The storylines do make sense when being played out. The game is better than read on paper. I've been having a blast all the time I've played it thus far. The gameplay is pretty slick.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Man... I might cancel my reserve for NBA 2k13 to get it... Undecided now... Off tomorrow, and i'm considering playing through RE5.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I only bought RE5 a few weeks ago so hopefully by the time I've played through that the prices might have come down

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    you can't forget this wonderful review http://www.destructoid.com/review-re...6-235326.phtml

also i feel bad for everybody that bought six

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by twilight explosion View Post
    you can't forget this wonderful review http://www.destructoid.com/review-re...6-235326.phtml

also i feel bad for everybody that bought six
    well, to be fair, fuck at least 70% of the reviews from Destructoid, but I'm still not buying this game til I try it.

Also, that attention whore Tom Chick has given it an abysmally low score (just like he does to every good blockbuster game), which is a good sign to me... even if by the aggregate it seems he's probably at least somewhat correct this time, even if I'm 100% certain that this game doesn't deserve a 2/10 (and I say this without having played it, but still, come on).
    Last edited by Jinsai; 10-03-2012 at 06:00 AM.