Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Resident Evil Series

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I'm at the end right before you fight Nemesis for the final time. Disagree about the boss fights. G was more of a prick to fight for me than Nemesis, especially the third form.

I like the game. It's given me a kick in the ass to finally finish Claire Scenario B on RE2 that I've put off for over a year.

On another note I finally played Resistance. It's a mixed bag for me, enough where I kinda regret getting it on my gamerscore list. The potential for the game to be fun and good is there but it's a clunky, aggravating mess to play as it stands now. Too much focus on microphone and coordination play (not complaining about that but I rarely have time for that now approaching 30). The Mastermind matchmaking is also broken for me so I haven't been able to try it for real. The survivor learning curve is stupidly high and a good chunk of the gameplay mechanics is rather bland compared to how good RE2 and RE3 were in those regards. Hopefully a patch outside of adding Jill to the survivor list can make it more balanced and make you want to play as Survivor. Watching Jimpressions where he called it a Grief Simulator is definitely something I agree with. I would've rather much had a full blown Mercenaries Mode stand alone game that encapsulated 2, 3, 5 and 6.
    I agree about everything about the multiplayer game, I tried a couple of times and just said screw it, too complicated for what is should be.

the one thing about RE2 that I liked more was the AI of Mr X, he was truly terrifying. Another thing I don’t like about RE3 is almost every time Nemesis comes out it a cut scene, like the gameplay stops and that kind of takes the scare jump away. Now I’m playing the game on hardcore and man that’s putting it lightly, the first nemesis fight was incredibly hard it took me like 20 times to beat him. Maybe I just suck at resident evil lol
    Last edited by Rdm; 04-06-2020 at 11:47 AM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    RE8 new information ! Sounds like a 2021 release with 4 years in production! capom is killing it.
    Last edited by Rdm; 04-08-2020 at 06:41 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Just started the remake of 2 last night...amazing! I sucked at the original as a kid, I had a strategy guide to help me back in the day. I also loved 3 as a kid (even more than 2) , so I'm looking forward to getting that remake down the line too.

Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    Just started the remake of 2 last night...amazing! I sucked at the original as a kid, I had a strategy guide to help me back in the day. I also loved 3 as a kid (even more than 2) , so I'm looking forward to getting that remake down the line too.
    I'm one of the biggest fans of the series but never successfully played anything prior to the Gamecube RE1 remake. Everything on N64 and PS1 plays like absolute garbage and they're hard due to the shitty controls and design flaws, not because they made zombies harder to kill or bullets scarce. Unpopular hot take I'm sure.

I loved both RE2 and RE3 remakes.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I didn't mind the controls or zombies. I just sucked at puzzles. I'm finding out that I still kinda suck at puzzles, just slightly better hah!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I'm one of the biggest fans of the series but never successfully played anything prior to the Gamecube RE1 remake. Everything on N64 and PS1 plays like absolute garbage and they're hard due to the shitty controls and design flaws, not because they made zombies harder to kill or bullets scarce. Unpopular hot take I'm sure.

I loved both RE2 and RE3 remakes.
    I think even if the controls were brushed up, the original games would still be harder. I started playing when the original RE came out and it's funny because I never told myself back then "Omg these controls suck, this is unplayable." I'm trying to figure out if this is due to us early gamers being used to the OG controls from the yesteryears and they felt normal, or they really were just shit all together.

For me, the zombies were easier to kill in the earlier titles since it was much simpler to detect if they were dead, it didn't take fucking 8 headshots to kill one zombie, plus, you could stomp on their heads if they grabbed hold of you (Infuriates me that the remakes don't have this mechanic) also much easier to dodge.

Honestly, back then, if you complained about controls you would be told the old fashioned way to "Git gud". I'll always love the originals more than these remakes we have been getting; the pre-rendered environments, the music, the feels are just different for me all together.

Thinking about playing an RE game on an N64 then and now makes my head hurt.