Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil Series

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I've pretty much never played a Resident Evil game because I'm a huge weeny and 90% of these games were notorious for spiders (big arachnophobe) but i heard they took them out of RE2 for the remake which makes me a happy camper, i can deal with everything else that's fucked up but spiders have always been a no go.

I hope they do the same with RE3 remake, then i could pretty much play 2 through 4, skip 5 and 6 then play 7 ( i know there are some little ones but i think i can deal with those).

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    skip 5
    Uh no. I'll defend 5 to my death.

The plaga parasites you're talking about are only in the caves really. Not a super frequent enemy.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 01-01-2020 at 10:09 PM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Uh no. I'll defend 5 to my death.

The plaga parasites you're talking about are only in the caves really. Not a super frequent enemy.
    I'll consider it haha however i had always heard 5 and 6 were the worst of the franchise?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'll consider it haha however i had always heard 5 and 6 were the worst of the franchise?
    6? Sure. (even though I do like it)

5? Fuck no. Screw those people.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    5 is good if you do co-op. Single player experience sucked. Spent more time babysitting than enjoying the game.

6 got co-op right. You didn't have to share a single thing with the AI. The way it should've been in 5.

Imo, both of those games are kind of ridiculous. 6 was evidence that no matter how much capcom wanted to keep doing action games, it had run its course. Like, they ran out of ideas and just threw everything they could hoped it would stick.

7 salvaged and saved the series. Been a forward sprint ever since.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I will always love RE5 for co-op Mercenaries. Playing that with my brother = one of my all-time favorite gaming experiences.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    5 and 6 do not feel like RE games to me. 5 was really trite, but I did enjoy myself despite the terrible AI partner. 6 just felt like a mishmash of ideas that didn't really come together in a cohesive way; 5 gets a pass for me.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Recently got a PS4 copy of RE4 and currently giving it a go after nearly a decade. Man, this is still just a fun game. It's lost nothing over the years.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fiieols View Post
    Lol, yea I played the shit out of both games, but I felt CVX was pretty dam challenging. I enjoyed the story a lot, and I played it on Dreamcast so it holds a little nostalgia for me.
    I also played it on DC as well. Fuck, I rememeber barely having enough sniper ammo for the boss at the end in the fog I believe? I wouldn't mind a remake of this as well.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    https://www.psu.com/news/resident-ev...rmed-and-more/

Older article but god damn it, so much for continuing the trend of keeping the spiders out. Fuck.

Did anyone seriously miss them not being there in RE2 Remake to want them in 3 so bad?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    https://www.psu.com/news/resident-ev...rmed-and-more/

Older article but god damn it, so much for continuing the trend of keeping the spiders out. Fuck.

Did anyone seriously miss them not being there in RE2 Remake to want them in 3 so bad?
    Ugh....fuck no.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Spiders will be the least of your worries. Have you played the demo? That big fucker is fast and is much more of an obstacle than the original.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    My heart blew up when he found me out of no where on top of the stairs trying to get back to the fire. I could barely handle RE2 there’s no way

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    recently ordered for the Switch Revelations 1&2 and Resident Evil 0/Resident Evil . can't wait! Played Revelations 1 on the 3DS a couple years ago and loved it. Played the original RE on the PS1 (never beat it) but haven't played any of the others.

Maybe after I beat those games I'll order the triple pack on Switch (4,5,6) . I had 4 for the PS2 and...kinda liked t, but kinda didn't.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition of Resident Evil 3....however this coronavirus lockdown, quarantine and overall bullshit might make it so I cannot pick up the game or play it for ages afterwards. Gotta see how Friday is.

Either way: it sucks.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition of Resident Evil 3....however this coronavirus lockdown, quarantine and overall bullshit might make it so I cannot pick up the game or play it for ages afterwards. Gotta see how Friday is.

Either way: it sucks.
    I'm debating whether or not to cancel my preorder, and just go digital. Amazon still seems up and running as well as USPS. Not sure if I want to risk it or not though.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    If you preordered from bestbuy.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    If you preordered from bestbuy.

ohhhhhh hell yes!! I’m so excited !

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Picked my copy at my Best Buy.. BIG PROPS TO PIKO

Also the steel cases are being shipped
    Last edited by Rdm; 04-02-2020 at 06:04 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'm playing on Standard.

People that whined in reviews about Nemesis being dumbed down can fuck off. He's a pain in the ass and never stops. The dodge system could be a bit better though. I have been hit and bit several times even though I performed a dodge. Unless the dodge is a timing based mechanic to avoid hits?

I like the game so far but It feels a lot more tense and difficult than Resident Evil 2 was last year.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I'm playing on Standard.

People that whined in reviews about Nemesis being dumbed down can fuck off. He's a pain in the ass and never stops. The dodge system could be a bit better though. I have been hit and bit several times even though I performed a dodge. Unless the dodge is a timing based mechanic to avoid hits?

I like the game so far but It feels a lot more tense and difficult than Resident Evil 2 was last year.
    It’s extremely tense. I can never play these games more than a few a hours. VERY EARLY SPOILER - but I can’t believe how much they changed from the demo

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Started last night, but realized I was playing with my file still downloading so my PS4 kicked me out lol. Finishing Doom Eternal on Ultra Nightmare and then diving right into this.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Finished the first Nemesis boss fight where he wields the flamethrower. Super fun.

Fuck the sewers, same shit as Resident Evil 2's sewer exploration. Hated that area.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Finished the game. Didn’t feel too short as people said. The game was never meant to be long, neither was resident evil 2. The game is a remake of a 90’s game that was short, it was just harder to play

I do have some negative things to say but I’ll save it and say overall it was a blast. Also I thought the boss fights were very hard
    Last edited by Rdm; 04-04-2020 at 06:59 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    Finished the game. Didn’t feel too short as people said. The game was never meant to be long, neither was resident evil 2. The game is a remake of a 90’s game that was short, it was just harder to play

I do have some negative things to say but I’ll save it and say overall it was a blast. Also I thought the boss fights were very hard
    I'm at the end right before you fight Nemesis for the final time. Disagree about the boss fights. G was more of a prick to fight for me than Nemesis, especially the third form.

I like the game. It's given me a kick in the ass to finally finish Claire Scenario B on RE2 that I've put off for over a year.

On another note I finally played Resistance. It's a mixed bag for me, enough where I kinda regret getting it on my gamerscore list. The potential for the game to be fun and good is there but it's a clunky, aggravating mess to play as it stands now. Too much focus on microphone and coordination play (not complaining about that but I rarely have time for that now approaching 30). The Mastermind matchmaking is also broken for me so I haven't been able to try it for real. The survivor learning curve is stupidly high and a good chunk of the gameplay mechanics is rather bland compared to how good RE2 and RE3 were in those regards. Hopefully a patch outside of adding Jill to the survivor list can make it more balanced and make you want to play as Survivor. Watching Jimpressions where he called it a Grief Simulator is definitely something I agree with. I would've rather much had a full blown Mercenaries Mode stand alone game that encapsulated 2, 3, 5 and 6.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 04-05-2020 at 05:52 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I'm at the end right before you fight Nemesis for the final time. Disagree about the boss fights. G was more of a prick to fight for me than Nemesis, especially the third form.

I like the game. It's given me a kick in the ass to finally finish Claire Scenario B on RE2 that I've put off for over a year.

On another note I finally played Resistance. It's a mixed bag for me, enough where I kinda regret getting it on my gamerscore list. The potential for the game to be fun and good is there but it's a clunky, aggravating mess to play as it stands now. Too much focus on microphone and coordination play (not complaining about that but I rarely have time for that now approaching 30). The Mastermind matchmaking is also broken for me so I haven't been able to try it for real. The survivor learning curve is stupidly high and a good chunk of the gameplay mechanics is rather bland compared to how good RE2 and RE3 were in those regards. Hopefully a patch outside of adding Jill to the survivor list can make it more balanced and make you want to play as Survivor. Watching Jimpressions where he called it a Grief Simulator is definitely something I agree with. I would've rather much had a full blown Mercenaries Mode stand alone game that encapsulated 2, 3, 5 and 6.
    I agree about everything about the multiplayer game, I tried a couple of times and just said screw it, too complicated for what is should be.

the one thing about RE2 that I liked more was the AI of Mr X, he was truly terrifying. Another thing I don’t like about RE3 is almost every time Nemesis comes out it a cut scene, like the gameplay stops and that kind of takes the scare jump away. Now I’m playing the game on hardcore and man that’s putting it lightly, the first nemesis fight was incredibly hard it took me like 20 times to beat him. Maybe I just suck at resident evil lol
    Last edited by Rdm; 04-06-2020 at 11:47 AM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    RE8 new information ! Sounds like a 2021 release with 4 years in production! capom is killing it.
    Last edited by Rdm; 04-08-2020 at 06:41 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Just started the remake of 2 last night...amazing! I sucked at the original as a kid, I had a strategy guide to help me back in the day. I also loved 3 as a kid (even more than 2) , so I'm looking forward to getting that remake down the line too.