Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: MuDvAyNe

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndItKeepsRepeating View Post
    I completely agree, I wash Chads voice has aged better, but I wouldn't put Corey Taylor in this category either. He's sounded pretty rough during some live Slipknot performances too. It probably gets worse than this but its the one that popped in my head because I was excited to hear a quality live performance of this song and was really dissapointed.

Also, I've never been a big fan of HellYeah, but at least it's not something equivalent to what Corey as done, like Chad Mother Fucking Grey

Yikes, okay, i wasnt aware it got that bad too. Mayne i just didn't really notice. But yeah, at the very least, he still has a good voice as mentioned and isn't running out of breath every 5 seconds it seems. He can still say every word in Spit It Out, granted, it doesn't sound as good, but at least he isn't cutting out every 5 seconds and pulling a Vince Neal. I did take a look of the Hellyeah concerts in 2019 and his voice does sound the same but i honestly can't tell if it's still shot and shit because the hellyeah songs sound a bit easier for him to sing and they don't sing any of the mudvayne songs (probably cuz their bassist cant XD)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    Not really. I think I only saw one great show from these guys, at CBGB's just before Lost and Found came out. The other times I've seen them, they've floundered, pretty unable to reproduce onstage the intricacy of their studio material. Recently they've been playing a lot of LD50 material which makes no sense at all.

The first two albums, especially TEOATTC, had an amazing conceptual complexity which part of me wishes they could re-connect with. Though I do enjoy their more straightforward, rock-y material.

My fave Mudvayne song:
    Mercy Severity is amazing! Probably my fav track too. Very hard to sing along to-- I have to time time my breath intakes

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Not trying to derail the thread, but putting Corey and Chad anywhere near each other is absurd. Most people are going to have bad shows but Corey's seem few and far between.

I really wish the band Greg started with Skrape's vocalist was any good. Billy's got a great voice and was an underrated vocalist coming out of that era / genre.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    No, you are right, it was just the first nu metal screamer i could think of at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by azad_ninja View Post
    Mercy Severity is amazing! Probably my fav track too. Very hard to sing along to-- I have to time time my breath intakes
    (Pre)Version of truth is my personal fave from that album but Silenced and On The Move are not too far behind

I really fucking hate World So Cold though

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The Patient Mental is pretty great too. But nothing ever tops LD50. I tend to look at that album as THE masterpiece of the genre.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)