Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: MuDvAyNe

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Good to hear, Chad had Covid at the first festival and was recovering for the other. He's been working hard at the gym and I feel really good for him that he's taking this tour really seriously and has worked hard to get into this condition.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Soooo.....

I really wanted to at least film all of Dig, but I quickly realized that wasn't going to happen, I got shoved into the pit and just said fuck it and had a good time. I made it 5 songs, till the end of Death Blooms and tapped out.

edit: now that I have recovered a little. HOLY SHIT that kicked my ass, it was 105° out yesterday. I had been on the edge of the pit for Atilla at Rock USA 4 years ago, but haven't actually been inside the mass of humanity in FOREVER. I moved up from the pit after Dig and pushed my way into the crowd in front of the stage and just let go and let the music taken over. IDK since I got into synths and making my own tunes last year, music really takes over my brain now in a way it never used to. Anyways, Slipknot on the Subliminal Verses was the last time I had done anything like this, if it gives you an idea of how long it's been. Fucking awesome, just having rocking out, screaming along with Chad and just having a GOOD TIME. It destroyed me, but a decade of taping shows has made me realize how much I missed this this (with the right band of course, and my favorite Nu Metal band was it.)

Last edited by SM Rollinger; 08-07-2022 at 09:38 AM.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    edit: now that I have recovered a little. HOLY SHIT that kicked my ass, it was 105° out yesterday. I had been on the edge of the pit for Atilla at Rock USA 4 years ago, but haven't actually been inside the mass of humanity in FOREVER. I moved up from the pit after Dig and pushed my way into the crowd in front of the stage and just let go and let the music taken over. IDK since I got into synths and making my own tunes last year, music really takes over my brain now in a way it never used to. Anyways, Slipknot on the Subliminal Verses was the last time I had done anything like this, if it gives you an idea of how long it's been. Fucking awesome, just having rocking out, screaming along with Chad and just having a GOOD TIME. It destroyed me, but a decade of taping shows has made me realize how much I missed this this (with the right band of course, and my favorite Nu Metal band was it.)
    Did they play "Silenced" in-between "Death Blooms" and "Internal Primates Forever"? They've only done it once this tour but I thought I'd check.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Did they play "Silenced" in-between "Death Blooms" and "Internal Primates Forever"? They've only done it once this tour but I thought I'd check.
    Sadly no! I wish they would have because I hadn't seen them live afterLD 50 came out. So the 5 songs I did get to hear at least I was thrilled with.

Wow, still can't stop thinking about their set, blew my mind. I have been saying forever that we needed a Mudvayne reunion, and they did not disappoint!!

Yeah part of me wishes I taped the thing, but the crowd was up against the sound board, and further out there was some serious phasing issues I noticed while Zombie played.

But whatever, I had a great time.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Ya know I completely understand Chad is only doing this because Hellyeah died with Vinnie and he has to pay the bills somehow, but god DAMN are these shows they're doing good. I was lucky with the STL date being the first on the tour and you could tell they were all super fresh after those initial warm up dates. It's a shame it took a death for Mudvayne to come back but boy oh boy they're back.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Ya know I completely understand Chad is only doing this because Hellyeah died with Vinnie and he has to pay the bills somehow, but god DAMN are these shows they're doing good. I was lucky with the STL date being the first on the tour and you could tell they were all super fresh after those initial warm up dates. It's a shame it took a death for Mudvayne to come back but boy oh boy they're back.
    For sure. And whatever the catalyst for Chad getting on board was, I don't care. He is having a blast, spends most of the show inside the crowd and seems genuinely appreciative of the turn out and reaction they are getting.

He came over by where I was during -1, All those years of jamming to the song in the car by myself (air drumming/guitar/bass and screaming) wishing for a Mudvayne reunion, I never thought I would be screaming face to face with Chad someday. Fucking epic, and just like my decision to just have a good time at Ministry a few months ago, was totally what I needed.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Figured I would go ahead and share this... Here is the 1998 demo tape including the original rough versions of "Death Blooms" and "Internal Primates Forever". This was recorded between the 1997 EP Kill, I Outta and the 1999 promo cassingle containing "Dig" and "Nothing To Gein", which was used by Epic to promote the first LP and saw a larger release in 2000.

This particular version of "Death Blooms" is available on Lost and Found albeit in a remastered form (and I think it contains a spoken word intro by Chad); the represented demo of "Internal Primates Forever" is not available anywhere else currently (they played this in one form or another 25 years ago when they were still a local act):

https://mega.nz/folder/ethSUKzD#W1B_C82rwPcqLCQbl9jn6A
    Last edited by Jon; 08-09-2022 at 05:01 AM. Reason: clarity? huh? what?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Figured I would go ahead and share this... Here is the 1998 demo tape including the original rough versions of "Death Blooms" and "Internal Primates Forever". This was recorded between the 1997 EP Kill, I Outta and the 1999 promo cassingle containing "Dig" and "Nothing To Gein", which was used by Epic to promote the first LP and saw a larger release in 2000.

This particular version of "Death Blooms" is available on Lost and Found albeit in a remastered form (and I think it contains a spoken word intro by Chad); the represented demo of "Internal Primates Forever" is not available anywhere else currently (they played this in one form or another 25 years ago when they were still a local act):

https://mega.nz/folder/ethSUKzD#W1B_C82rwPcqLCQbl9jn6A
    Thank you for all the obscure hook ups over the years!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The link isn’t working nowadays