Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: The Steam Thread

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Did you ever play the old MechAssault by any chance?
    Nope. I'm really not much into gaming as a whole... and real time combat never did much for me...

I don't care about being 1 pilot. As the game says... "Life is cheap, BattleMechs are not."
    But I'm still neck deep in BattleTech novels, so... a touched biased you might say.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Sweet, let me know if you have other questions.
    had a question, but it became not needed... went ahead and bought the stuff...

deck + dock + controller + headset....
    Last edited by MrLobster; 02-21-2024 at 06:00 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I have a pretty cheap "dock", I actually use it for work and that. It works just fine.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    After some time with Steam Deck and DualShock controller for BattleTech... I decided to go for that Logitech 400+ keyboard with trackpad instead.

Oh hell yeah that works well.

https://nscafe-firehose.tumblr.com/p...led-with-ultra

I'll worry about the controller again when I eventually play a different game.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    After some time with Steam Deck and DualShock controller for BattleTech... I decided to go for that Logitech 400+ keyboard with trackpad instead.

Oh hell yeah that works well.

https://nscafe-firehose.tumblr.com/p...led-with-ultra

I'll worry about the controller again when I eventually play a different game.
    How do you like it so far?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    How do you like it so far?
    I like it fine. I've hardly put it through its paces though... still, for what I'm doing, it works great.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    So... some decent time spent playing BattleTech on the Steam Deck and..... I fucking love it.

That Logitech keyboard+trackpad was the key to enjoying it for that game.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I contacted Steam support last night because my son has been using my account for the past couple years. I asked how it would be possible for him to keep his saves if he created a new account because he's got a ton of time invested in things like HOI4 and others that I don't play at all.

The response was "the Steam TOS specifically says not to account share or transfer ownership so please stop it." whoopsie.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    The response was "the Steam TOS specifically says not to account share or transfer ownership so please stop it." whoopsie.
    ...and they just launch "Families" as well... which probably won't help in this situation but maaaaybe

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I contacted Steam support last night because my son has been using my account for the past couple years. I asked how it would be possible for him to keep his saves if he created a new account because he's got a ton of time invested in things like HOI4 and others that I don't play at all.

Weird response for your own kid.

But yeah I wonder how the Families thing works with cloud saves. You may have to transfer/manage the saves locally on the PC.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    yeah I was hoping that they would point me towards the Families thing as a "well you're in luck!" but no.

I'll check it out though, thanks.