Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Internet Browsers

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    @Halo Infinity

I had Brave on my phone for a little while, i think it was mostly fine although i ended up switching to DuckDuckGo's browser to try that out also. https://duckduckgo.com/app

I'm not sure which is better to be honest, they both have similar privacy features and built on Chromium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't know is it based on Chromium or not, but UC Mini Smooth for android has a similar features. I mean privacy, incognito mode, some plugins etc. On my pc I'm using mostly Opera and Vivaldi browser. I liked Pale Moon also, but it became obsolete a few years ago.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    I still sometimes switch browsers occasionally and just thought of giving Opera another try. It actually seems to be a lot better than I've remembered it.
    I decided to start using Opera GX for my PC, it's built with gamers in mind with RAM and CPU limiters so you can keep the browser open while you game without it hogging much in the way of resources. GX carries over most of the features that the main Opera browser has like the VPN and adblock. So far so good, i wish i could move that sidebar around though like i don't want to switch it off because there's some handy shortcut options but it feels weird on the left side of the window. I would prefer if it could take up some of the space that the bookmark bar isn't currently using.

EDIT: I didn't stick with Opera GX, just didn't gel.

I'm using Firefox full time.
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 04-28-2022 at 03:25 AM.