Page 55 of 68 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 2035

Thread: Qotsa

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    I don't think we have heard whether Chelsea Lauren is a fan or not. She was working at the show and had been hired by the KROQ presenters to shoot all the bands on the lineup that day.
    I just name dropped the phrase fan. I just mean a person attending in general.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I’ve seen the video multiple times... I assume he was fucked up on substance(s) thereby misgauging the distance from his foot’s swing to the camera and/or the force behind his showy kick (for lack of a better word). No doubt it must have hurt, but that was not a malicious kick. He’s never really seemed like a particularly nice or warm guy, but I like to think he’s not that much of an asshole and/or idiot to where he’d follow through with what that move ended up costing somebody else (and now costing him), somebody he didn’t even know.

As for the apology (or apologies), it’s important to read further into to a degree, but some people approach them like a conspiracy theory...it’s almost funny. Unless you’ve had a heart-to-heart with him yourself and are confident in saying you know the guy’s true colors, maybe take a step back, take a chill... That all said, I absolutely think she should have her medical bills comped if that’s not in the works, and who knows what other special treatment I would want to offer her if it was me who kicked her.

Joshie Poo fucked up. He’s a grown man, the evidence is clear, now he’s to rethink his choices before a show, those that affect both his behavior and abilities up there.
    Last edited by Amaro; 12-14-2017 at 08:11 PM.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    HAHAHAHAHAHA. I love you, Josh. Never change.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BeY98XYhiJQ/

Are you fucking serious Josh?
    Plaid, Insane, Deaf and Quit at the same show, yet I've got none of this shit...

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    had a blast at the show last night...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    had a blast at the show last night...
    Me too. Got to chat with some of the Eagles of Death Metal crew too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    I was pleasantly surprised to see the price of merch not being super inflated...my shirt pictured above was $25 and its printed on high quality cotton, not those shitty slim fit paper thin shirts.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    I was pleasantly surprised to see the price of merch not being super inflated...my shirt pictured above was $25 and its printed on high quality cotton, not those shitty slim fit paper thin shirts.
    Yeah me too. I even went to the ATM prior to the show just to have enough. I was happy the poster didn't cost about $45 like other shows I have been to.

Looking at that crowd shot, I literally found myself on the floor. Haha

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    So I went to both nights in San Diego and it was AMAZING to see the band in such a tiny venue. Amazing setlists both nights, Josh was very talkative as usual, and ended up buying one of the other tour shirts for only $25 The setlist photo is from night 1...

Night 2 setlist:

1. Walk the Night
      (The Skatt Brothers song)
      Play Video
    2. If I Had a Tail

Play Video
    3. Monsters in the Parasol

Play Video
    4. My God Is the Sun

Play Video
    5. Feet Don't Fail Me

Play Video
    6. The Way You Used to Do

Play Video
    7. A Song for the Deaf

Play Video
    8. 3's & 7's

Play Video
    9. No One Knows

Play Video
    10. Broken Box

Play Video
    11. Make It Wit Chu

Play Video
    12. The Evil Has Landed

Play Video
    13. Smooth Sailing

Play Video
    14. Domesticated Animals

Play Video
    15. I Appear Missing

Play Video
    16. Villains of Circumstance

Play Video
    17. Little Sister

Play Video
    18. Encore:
    19. Mexicola

Play Video
    20. A Song for the Dead

Note: "Mexicola" and "Go with the Flow" were on the printed setlist before the encore, and "Misfit Love", "Head Like a Haunted House", and "Avon" were listed in the encore before "A Song for the Dead" but were not played.

Last edited by NotoriousTIMP; 03-24-2018 at 03:19 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Jesse Hughes going off the deep end on Instagram again last night. Guy makes some great rock music, but god damn is he a fucking jackass.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Jesse Hughes going off the deep end on Instagram again last night. Guy makes some great rock music, but god damn is he a fucking jackass.
    yeah, i posted about it in the controversial music opinions thread because, seriously, fuck that guy.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Bataclan Terrorist attack warped his views and mind forever.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Bataclan Terrorist attack warped his views and mind forever.
    Nah he was fucked before that.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    He made all kinds of vile remarks (even transphobic), some now deleted, and it's hitting the press hard.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...lives-bataclan

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    What little love i had for EoDM is all but gone after that outburst. Seriously he is a survivor himself, surely he must know what they went through, as kids no less, and what they're doing is a little more then 'playing hooky'!

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    And people thought Killer Mike’s gun stance was bad, wowza. This guy is really somewhere else mentally and I have no idea how much he was like this before the shooting but irregardless I feel like it damaged him deeply and he’s not gotten the constructive help he needs. Being pro-gun is one thing but calling these kids “survivors of nothing” when they experienced the same type of situation he did is more than being shitty, it’s being delusional.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Yeah, I don't know about him anymore.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    oh people are just now realizing Jesse's a hardcore republican? i thought everyone knew during the Bush days...

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Yeah, I don't know about him anymore.
    Thing about Jesse THE DEVIL Hughes is that you need to know he is about two things: ROCK and ROLL.

Rock and Roll is about lots of stuff, but it's really about SUPPORTING THE ESTABLISHMENT and COMFORTING THE POWERFUL.

Also it's a lot about ENTRENCHMENT OF THE STATUS QUO, and all about KIDS SHUTTING UP and listening to the WISDOM OF THEIR ELDERS.

And if something FEELS DANGEROUS BECAUSE YOU ARE TRAUMATIZED BY IT, you should definitely keep doing things that reinforce the feeling of that trauma. ROCK ON!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdglss View Post
    oh people are just now realizing Jesse's a hardcore republican? i thought everyone knew during the Bush days...
    Nope, had no clue. Not 100% up to speed on my EoDM political affiliations.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdglss View Post
    Nope. I never read a single interview with him until the shooting in Paris.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Josh Homme kicking people in the face and now this bullshit from Jesse Hughes.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Well guess who we won't be seeing on many festivals anymore? Good job idiot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I just saw on iTunes that we are getting a new song from QOTSA at midnight tonight. Although it is an Elton John cover “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road”, I’ve always had a soft spot for the covers that these guys do! I’m really looking forward to hearing their rendition of this awesome song!

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ldeaf2 View Post
    I just saw on iTunes that we are getting a new song from QOTSA at midnight tonight. Although it is an Elton John cover “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road”, I’ve always had a soft spot for the covers that these guys do! I’m really looking forward to hearing their rendition of this awesome song!

They played it live at The Forum two months ago! It was pretty awesome...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I haven’t gone deep into this band’s catalogue. I just heard “Make it Wit Chu” for the first time. Goddamn it is phenomenal.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    I haven’t gone deep into this band’s catalogue. I just heard “Make it Wit Chu” for the first time. Goddamn it is phenomenal.
    Songs for the Deaf and ...Like Clockwork (my personal favorite) are both amazing albums that you should check out next. I thought Villains was great too, but seemed very polarizing here when it was released.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Just reach for the full Era Vulgaris experience. Get some.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I liked the Desert Sessions version better than the album version for some reason.