Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27

Thread: Random HTDA thoughts

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    The other day I binged Watchmen in its entirety in one day. I wouldn't have even know about it if not for the TR / AR score, so obviously I knew who was responsible for the music going into it. But all I could think, episode after episode, was "goddamn...I'm getting HTDA vibes from this". And then really, really wanting a new album from them. Anyone else watch the series and get that sort of feeling?

Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    The other day I binged Watchmen in its entirety in one day. I wouldn't have even know about it if not for the TR / AR score, so obviously I knew who was responsible for the music going into it. But all I could think, episode after episode, was "goddamn...I'm getting HTDA vibes from this". And then really, really wanting a new album from them. Anyone else watch the series and get that sort of feeling?
    oh, absolutely. i was a little bummed mariqueen's voice never popped up haha.

i listened to welcome oblivion last month (first record i spun for "quarantine jams") and i still love it. i also still think it's better than hesitation marks (and i only compare them because they came out a few months apart).

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    My nephew bought his first electric guitar and I was sending him YouTube links to shoegaze shit, showing him the weird shit guitars can do. Some of the videos made me think of the "Space in Between" teaser video, which oddly took forever to find using YouTube itself and outside search engines. I watched the four teasers for the first time in ten years last night and remembered how fucking badly I wanted that EP before it was released.

It's such a good record, but man, did I want and expect something completely impenetrable. Like a whole EP of songs that sounded like a slightly more accessible "To Here Knows When."

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    You know, I was wondering why we didn't ever get another album from them. And then I randomly read a very short snippet from Trent where I learned they have like three kids I didn't even know existed and I was like, "Oh." The other day, I had trouble proofreading a kid's college admission essay because one of my cats is sick.