Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
Results 721 to 750 of 785

Thread: Random HTDA thoughts

  1. #721
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    868
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    It's catchy as he'll tho

  2. #722
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,924
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

  3. #723
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,063
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    It's still great music IMO, but agreed. Does very much feel like recent NIN or TR/AR with Mariqueen's vocals, particularly that initial EP.

    I'd really like to see Trent outside his comfort zone with a more analogue band, playing less rigid structures. Absolutely no looping of anything, live instruments, messing around with dynamism, progression and time signatures, maybe even no synths. More garage rock as you say @thefragile_jake .

  4. #724
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,941
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    To be honest, I'm over the whole "It sounds too much like Nine Inch Nails!" argument. Anything that Trent plays a major part in creating is going to sound like Nine Inch Nails, and I'm totally fine with that.

  5. #725
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    3,305
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Honestly a part of me just wish Trent said fuck it, this is Nine Inch Nails and not go under another name. I think he did it because he anticipated some fans would have bashed him for having his wife on vocals and cry about it like those John & Yoko kinda bashing types out there. It sounds like NIN, just make it be NIN. Especially now that Mariqueen joined him on Not The Actual Events. Just say fuck it and let her be on NIN tracks. If you got a problem with that, then fuck off. This is Nine Inch Nails now, deal with it. Mariqueen can show up whenever she and Trent like to have her on a track.

  6. #726
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,941
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I don't think he made it a separate band just because of Mariqueen though. I believe he even mentioned in an interview that he wanted to do something where he wasn't the only one in charge, hence why Mariqueen and Atticus and eventually Rob were part of it.

  7. #727
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    3,684
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Just say fuck it and let her be on NIN tracks. If you got a problem with that, then fuck off. This is Nine Inch Nails now, deal with it. Mariqueen can show up whenever she and Trent like to have her on a track.
    God no.

  8. #728
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,924
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    To be honest, I'm over the whole "It sounds too much like Nine Inch Nails!" argument. Anything that Trent plays a major part in creating is going to sound like Nine Inch Nails, and I'm totally fine with that.
    Oh for sure, I think that's just the realization that you have to come up with at the end of the day ... but I was trying to revisit some HTDA material recently and found myself just getting a little bored. I just think that this project would've captured my attention if it didn't feel too familiar is all.

  9. #729
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Posts
    610
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I really hope that a new EP or album within 1-2 years. I prefer HTDA over recent NIN as well.

  10. #730
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Misery State
    Posts
    227
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    I really hope that a new EP or album within 1-2 years. I prefer HTDA over recent NIN as well.
    I only JUST got into HTDA and I would love a new album sometime soon too. Mariqueen's vocals are really lovely, frankly, I would just like to hear more of her in general.

  11. #731
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    609
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I want another HTDA t-shirt.

  12. #732
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,564
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Listening to HTDA again for the first time in what feels like years. Fuck, I missed this song.


  13. #733
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    north colorado
    Posts
    1,333
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    is this band still a thing or no?

  14. #734
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    1,736
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    is this band still a thing or no?
    Everything is a thing if you think about it hard enough.

  15. #735
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    490
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    is this band still a thing or no?
    I hope so. Welcome Oblivion was fantastic.

  16. #736
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    609
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I just think Trent and Atticus just don't have time for HTDA anymore.
    But if they create music and it sounds like HTDA, who knows? We could get a surprise announcement anytime.

  17. #737
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    490
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    I just think Trent and Atticus just don't have time for HTDA anymore.
    But if they create music and it sounds like HTDA, who knows? We could get a surprise announcement anytime.
    I imagine that if they wanted to do more HTDA then time wouldn't be a problem. They'd just work on it instead of NIN for a little bit.

  18. #738
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Laughingstock of the World (America)
    Posts
    3,943
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    My gut says we'll never get another HDTA song, or at best maybe a single for a soundtrack or something. I'd love to be wrong, but it just feels like they're both more interested in NIN and scores than HDTA. Maybe Q is just more interested in other things than doing another album. Who knows.

    All I know is that their songs just seem to work really well with the cold / grey / changing leaves vibe of fall, so I've been listening to them a lot lately and yes, wishing that more was coming.

  19. #739
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,941
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Trent & Atticus definitely seem more interested in Nine Inch Nails and film scores at the moment, and I think Mariqueen is enjoying being a mom for a while. The fact that Parasite has been played at several recent shows tells me that they haven't completely left the project behind just yet. I think it's more a question of when, not if, we'll get something new from them.

  20. #740
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    587
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I wonder if Rob would be a part of HTDA if they ever release anything in the future. I miss Rob, he was a good egg. He's got a lot going on with his own ventures though, which is great to see.

  21. #741
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,564
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ophelia_ View Post
    I wonder if Rob would be a part of HTDA if they ever release anything in the future. I miss Rob, he was a good egg. He's got a lot going on with his own ventures though, which is great to see.
    It really is! Funny that you post this comment today. I just bought four of his prints because he’s having a “buy 4 for the price of 3” sale across his whole store. The four I got were: a photo print from the Ghost sessions (Disintegration), two featuring animalistic skeletons used on two of the HTDA shirts (Curiousa Naturae), and one that’s the same style, but wasn’t used for any HTDA artwork that I can recall. I feel like that third one had to be on another shirt or something, though.

    Whenever this current NIN hype train starts to wind itself down, I hope they do two things: give themselves a little time off to breathe, because holy shit, and then I’d really love to see HTDA make a return eventually. Not sure that Rob would be able to, or even want to, but that would be the best possible way to do it. Those four combined are a fucking solid group.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 11-22-2018 at 10:49 PM.

  22. #742
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,941
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ophelia_ View Post
    I wonder if Rob would be a part of HTDA if they ever release anything in the future. I miss Rob, he was a good egg. He's got a lot going on with his own ventures though, which is great to see.
    I have my doubts, mainly because he's doing his own thing now, and because I believe whatever comes next for the group is going to be different than what came before and won't require his services.

  23. #743
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern England
    Posts
    833
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Well the question was asked in that Mexico band interview earlier this week, and it certainly seemed like HTDA was still a thing - which is a very good thing.

  24. #744
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,071
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    Well the question was asked in that Mexico band interview earlier this week, and it certainly seemed like HTDA was still a thing - which is a very good thing.
    Mariqueen, Atticus and Trent for sure will do it. But I think number 4 might be Ally next time

  25. #745
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,941
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Mariqueen, Atticus and Trent for sure will do it. But I think number 4 might be Ally next time
    That definitely seems likely, especially considering how involved he's been with Trent & Atticus over the years (both on stage and in the studio).

  26. #746
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    3,305
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I'd love Alessandro to have more involvement in a TR&AR project. I wish he was involved more with NIN in music creation.

  27. #747
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,071
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    I'd love Alessandro to have more involvement in a TR&AR project. I wish he was involved more with NIN in music creation.
    I think he prefers doing his own thing and not being tied down to someone else's band. But HTDA is technically a supergroup so it works for him to be a member

  28. #748
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    3,305
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I think he prefers doing his own thing and not being tied down to someone else's band. But HTDA is technically a supergroup so it works for him to be a member
    Well sadly Alessandro ended the one project of his that I absolutely love from him. His drone stuff is good if ya wanna put something on to chill and fall asleep to, but his Sonoio material is so much stronger. If he could bring that Sonoio style/sound to NIN or HTDA, I will be happy. His songwriting/melodies/build ups are great. He would be great with Trent and Atticus if they really let him in to do his thing with them.

  29. #749
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern England
    Posts
    833
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    A Facebook poster on the NIN Facebook page suggested that Trent has said at some point that 'HTDA was a disaster because of other people involved in it' - I've just asked him for a link to the article this was said in, but as a close follower of all things Reznor, have never heard that before. It doesn't even seem like something he'd say. he's not usually that indiscreet - but if anyone can give credence to this, please link me up....

  30. #750
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    371
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    A Facebook poster on the NIN Facebook page suggested that Trent has said at some point that 'HTDA was a disaster because of other people involved in it' - I've just asked him for a link to the article this was said in, but as a close follower of all things Reznor, have never heard that before. It doesn't even seem like something he'd say. he's not usually that indiscreet - but if anyone can give credence to this, please link me up....
    Sounds like BS.

    The shows were very well received and so was the music. Plus that sounds out of character for Trent.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions