Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Random HTDA thoughts

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)

Random HTDA thoughts

Random HTDA thoughts.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I think "How To Destroy Angels" is a mouthful, and i think something like "destroying Angles" would be much cooler

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    I think "How To Destroy Angels" is a mouthful, and i think something like "destroying Angles" would be much cooler
    But then the abbreviation would be DA and that's just stupid. HTDA (especially the way the logo is) looks way better.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I tend to just say "Destroy Angels" when talking music with my friends, I dont think i've ever used the full name out loud really

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    It can be a bother to say, especially if you have a stammer. HTDA works well though - and people who say HDA annoy me greatly.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Random:

Seeing the thread count go up, while not realizing that this thread didn't previously exist, just caused a massive surge of undue excitement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As far as their approach goes on the new album, I wonder if a complete news blackout would have been preferable to the slow trickle of hints that we've been getting over the past year. But surely we would be just as restless and desperate, if not more, had they (probably wisely) chosen to say nothing about the album, including vague release windows. I can't decide. Both methods are irritating.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's very obtuse of you...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    it's also a reference to the first Coil release (a name that trent adopted with the blessing of Peter Christopherson), so there's meaning behind it.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    well yeah, I know that, it's just a mouthful, that's all

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    nine inch nails

how TO destroy angels

oh noes, one more word to say.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Or, if you have one of many English accents, How t'destroy angels.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    nine inch nails

how TO destroy angels

oh noes, one more word to say.
    But it's twice ​as many syllables!

(Frankly, I don't care at all. Just putting it out there.)

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    just call it destroy angels

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Call it How To Fuck Angels In The Ass, I don't care. Just bring the new music already.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    it's just a mouthful, that's all

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Every thread can be improved with a sprinkling of Arrested Development. Just as every painting can be improved with the inclusion of a dinosaur. (We'll let the Mona Lisa off as it predated the scientific description of the dinosauria by three centuries.)

On topic, I'd love to know if they're still coming up with ideas for tweaking the LP's music, given that it's allegedly been finished for a while. They've got the unusual opportunity to continue tinkering after the horse would normally have bolted the stable, and a few months' perspective can give new insights into material.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I don't know why everyone is chastising me for posting my random thought. :\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't know why everyone is chastising me for posting my random thought. :\
    Not chastising, merely struggling to find something interesting to talk about in a gaping black hole where HTDA news goes to die.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I think this album will end up being either one of the worst or one of the best projects Trent has worked on. I'm basing this on the length of time he's been working on it (remember when this was supposed to come out at the end of 2010?), the fact "tweaks" are being done, and that TR has stated how exciting it is to do something outside of the realm of NIN that has the possibility to fail (or something along those lines). My guess is he is either crafting it to be one of his masterpieces or he is completely unsure about the material and doesn't even know if he himself likes it. Thoughts?

Oh yeah, I will call this a few days early: another month bites the dust. Jesus Christ, will this album ever come out?
    Last edited by somewhat_; 07-29-2012 at 07:05 PM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I hope the Deluxe version of the album (come one, we know there'll be one) has IYLSE? on it, and higher quality versions of those .ogg files of the making of The Believers from Wired. As a NIN fan, too much stuff is lost or hard to get due to being on a soundtrack or only released once on in an obscure medium, and HTDA has the chance to have a clean slate of making everything easy to get.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    I think this album will end up being either one of the worst or one of the best projects Trent has worked on. I'm basing this on the length of time he's been working on it (remember when this was supposed to come out at the end of 2010?), the fact "tweaks" are being done, and that TR has stated how exciting it is to do something outside of the realm of NIN that has the possibility to fail (or something along those lines). My guess is he is either crafting it to be one of his masterpieces or he is completely unsure about the material and doesn't even know if he himself likes it. Thoughts?
    I'm thrilled that he and his crew have taken a lot of time on it, for sure. His best stuff has always been made this way. And at this point the band is still such an unknown quantity; the EP was great but it didn't give us much of an idea of where they could go. The potential is there for the record to be great, I just wanna hear it.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Pretty sure the album has been done for a while, they're just waiting for the right time to put it out..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    THERE IS NOTHING NEW IN THIS POST, THE LINK IS OLD OLD NEWS, DO NOT GET EXCITED!

Okay, you may now proceed to scroll down

http://www.wired.com/magazine/2010/05/process_song/

I'm assuming everyones heard these but I only just decided to try and track it down since I heard it had more than just the actual song on it. The problem is, my laptop can't play the files without ripping the audio files from them. When I play them through VLC it cuts the length down completely. Anyone know where I can hear them all without using the actual mobile app?
    Last edited by Shnoorum; 07-30-2012 at 07:40 PM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Chrome plays them happily, and if you have an issue just open in a new tab. If your computer can't play .ogg (which is odd, as it's a universal file format these days), just search for the codec for your media player of choice on google.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Chrome plays them happily, and if you have an issue just open in a new tab. If your computer can't play .ogg (which is odd, as it's a universal file format these days), just search for the codec for your media player of choice on google.
    Why thank you good sir. Chrome works perfectly.

Although it always pains me when Chrome outdoes my beloved Firefox, I shall overlook it this time

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    What if HTDA's LP is a double album, that's why it took so long? #wishfulthinking

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    That might seem arrogant coming from a new band with their first full album.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    That might seem arrogant coming from a new band with their first full album.
    Trent can be as arrogant as he wants at this point haha

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I'd love to see a double album, but between The Social Network, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, Call of Duty, and possible Nine Inch Nails material, I don't think they've had the proper amount of time to put something like that together. I could be wrong (that would be a pretty good thing to be wrong about, hehe), but I imagine this will be a single album, probably around the same length as The Slip/Pretty Hate Machine.