Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: Random HTDA thoughts

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    and I highly doubt he would talk shit about two of his biggest musical collaborators, one of whom he's married to.
    The other of whom used to sing in West India Girl

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I highly doubt it’s Rob - the artistic direction completely suited the music aesthetic, hardly responsible for any failure, plus if that was true he wouldn’t have been touring with NIN just afterwards (also he had no musical input surely?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "A facebook poster... said.... "
    -- tunes out --

sorry

said it before will say it again, I can not wait for new htda

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Would y'all count that live performance of A Drowning the other night as NIN debuting it, or as HTDA performing it? The entire studio ensemble of HTDA was on stage after all, including Ally

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Would y'all count that live performance of A Drowning the other night as NIN debuting it, or as HTDA performing it? The entire studio ensemble of HTDA was on stage after all, including Ally
    Personally, I'd call it NIN. It was NIN show, with the NIN lineup, the only different factor being Q coming in to sing. I understand the argument about the studio ensemble, but it's not like any of them (again, besides Q) were brought to the stage just for that show.

Now, that said, if any of the artists were to contradict my take, then I'd obviously say that that settles it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Its HTDA with NIN if you can wrap your head around that crazy madness. loll

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    It's NIN featuring Mariqueen. It's kind of like when Pearl Jam had Chris Cornell come on stage to perform "Hunger Strike" several years ago. Automatically, it became Temple of the Dog's studio group, but it was a Pearl Jam show, so Pearl Jam is credited with the performance. Same thing here.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    I put it as a C&B&I live debut on ninwiki, with [as Nine Inch Nails] in brackets, and added to the list of live songs tally, along with Welcome Oblivion.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    I put it as a C&B&I live debut on ninwiki, with [as Nine Inch Nails] in brackets, and added to the list of live songs tally, along with Welcome Oblivion.
    It really bothers me that your profile pic is the wrong shape

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    It really bothers me that your profile pic is the wrong shape
    Faxed!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Anybody care to take this “NIN covering HDTA” argument on over on Reddit?

https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comments/a6t2eo/comment/ebxwk2d?st=JPSSUWK3&sh=0e87626d

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LexTron6K View Post

https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comments/a6t2eo/comment/ebxwk2d?st=JPSSUWK3&sh=0e87626d
    Pass. The NIN sub has become toxic. I pop in every now and then, but the things people say to each other on there. Jesus christ.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)

I just really, really hate reddit though

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Fuck, yiu are both correct. R/NIN show s a toxic fucking cesspool.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Fuck, yiu are both correct. R/NIN show s a toxic fucking cesspool.
    Why, because people are not agreeing with you on the HTDA thing you keep insisting didn’t happen? Hate to break it to you but you’re part of the problem in that sub...

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    I think Mariqueen with Massive Attack would be a most interesting collaboration. Of course, Trent is more than welcome to pitch in, too!

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Ok, so, regarding the NIN/HTDA argument: I've seen it here. I've seen it all over facebook. And it's going down on reddit.

Wouldn't it sort of be a lot more cooler if we like, stopped arguing about it? That would be great, wouldn't it?

It's kind of like a riddle for Zen meditation. It's KIND of like the Ship of Theseus paradox, too, innit? It's a fucking METAPHYSICAL question.

Anyway, why are people getting so worked up over this? Like, does it matter?

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Ok, so, regarding the NIN/HTDA argument: I've seen it here. I've seen it all over facebook. And it's going down on reddit.
    Where did you see it here? I've been avoiding those other sites like the plague. I know a couple of people in the tour review threads here were bummed out at the Palladium shows because they hate Mariqueen or w/e (IT SHOULDA HAVE BEEN MEEE)...

Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Anyway, why are people getting so worked up over this? Like, does it matter?
    Do you mean whether NIN played covers of HTDA with Mariqueen, or HTDA reunited in the middle of a NIN concert? Is that seriously what people are arguing about so intensely over there? No, that doesn't matter (but it's the first one :P).

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Where did you see it here? I've been avoiding those other sites like the plague. I know a couple of people in the tour review threads here were bummed out at the Palladium shows because they hate Mariqueen or w/e (IT SHOULDA HAVE BEEN MEEE)...
    You just reminded me of the two girls I stood next to in FL during the Wave Goodbye shows...*ugh*...both had on shirts that said something to the effect of "WHY TRENT!? HOW COULD YOU HAVE DONE THIS TO ME!!!??" and the whole time the both bitched about how he had recently married and how pissed they were about it. Sometimes I hate being a NIN fan...

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    You just reminded me of the two girls I stood next to in FL during the Wave Goodbye shows...*ugh*...both had on shirts that said something to the effect of "WHY TRENT!? HOW COULD YOU HAVE DONE THIS TO ME!!!??" and the whole time the both bitched about how he had recently married and how pissed they were about it. Sometimes I hate being a NIN fan...

Maybe a year ago I stumbled across some fanfic on Tumblr (I basically just follow all NIN-related tags), and read it out of morbid curiosity. The author definitely wrote a story where Mariqueen died and Trent was back on the market. Of course, the author was the new love interest in the story.

I definitely had a "kill it with fire" moment with the internet that day.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post

Do you mean whether NIN played covers of HTDA with Mariqueen, or HTDA reunited in the middle of a NIN concert? Is that seriously what people are arguing about so intensely over there? No, that doesn't matter (but it's the first one :P).
    yes, the "did nin play covers of htda or did htda reunite. " I've seen people get REALLY worked up over it.

It should have been you, @botley , because you could do better than that? Because you would avoid wearing a bipperty boppity hat?

Edit: to be fair, WE kept it civil HERE, at least. I was talking about the online NIN fandom in general.
    Last edited by elevenism; 12-23-2018 at 05:13 PM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    It could be worse.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    It could be worse.

Man, the 90's were a gold mine for fancringe. I wish I had some of my internet adventures saved from that time period, I'm sure I would die of embarrassment but also get a good laugh.

I think a lot of girls go through this when they are young, I certainly did. Obsessing and dreaming over the looks and talent of a celebrity that they will never meet, who sings them (and everyone else) love songs from afar is a safe way for young girls to start working through their sexuality and desire for romance. Most of us grow out of it once we start having real relationships with people we actually know.

But some don't, and it's kind of frightening. I remember some of the internet chatter when Trent and Mariqueen got engaged. Some of the comments from full-grown women were scary. It's a bummer that the Reznors pulled back from social media a lot after that, but I can't blame them.

Anyway, sorry for the thread drift.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well I for one can't wait for more HTDA <3 Mariqueen and Trent together!!!

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    Maybe a year ago I stumbled across some fanfic on Tumblr (I basically just follow all NIN-related tags), and read it out of morbid curiosity. The author definitely wrote a story where Mariqueen died and Trent was back on the market. Of course, the author was the new love interest in the story.

I definitely had a "kill it with fire" moment with the internet that day.
    That has Carol Reznor written all over it...

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    “the sleep of reason produces monsters”

How I adore that title. I know it’s taken from another source of art, but I love its use in HTDA nonetheless.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    a surprise new HTDA record would certainly help take away some winter doldrums

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Has anyone done a "We Fade Away" mashup with "A Minute To Breathe" yet?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Has anyone done a "We Fade Away" mashup with "A Minute To Breathe" yet?
    Not that I know of, but now I'm tempted to try it out.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Not that I know of, but now I'm tempted to try it out.
    Please do, my mind says it will work but I'm not good enough at music to make it work