Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: Random HTDA thoughts

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I don't think he made it a separate band just because of Mariqueen though. I believe he even mentioned in an interview that he wanted to do something where he wasn't the only one in charge, hence why Mariqueen and Atticus and eventually Rob were part of it.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Just say fuck it and let her be on NIN tracks. If you got a problem with that, then fuck off. This is Nine Inch Nails now, deal with it. Mariqueen can show up whenever she and Trent like to have her on a track.
    God no.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    To be honest, I'm over the whole "It sounds too much like Nine Inch Nails!" argument. Anything that Trent plays a major part in creating is going to sound like Nine Inch Nails, and I'm totally fine with that.
    Oh for sure, I think that's just the realization that you have to come up with at the end of the day ... but I was trying to revisit some HTDA material recently and found myself just getting a little bored. I just think that this project would've captured my attention if it didn't feel too familiar is all.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I really hope that a new EP or album within 1-2 years. I prefer HTDA over recent NIN as well.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    I really hope that a new EP or album within 1-2 years. I prefer HTDA over recent NIN as well.
    I only JUST got into HTDA and I would love a new album sometime soon too. Mariqueen's vocals are really lovely, frankly, I would just like to hear more of her in general.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I want another HTDA t-shirt.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Listening to HTDA again for the first time in what feels like years. Fuck, I missed this song.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    is this band still a thing or no?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Everything is a thing if you think about it hard enough.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    I hope so. Welcome Oblivion was fantastic.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I just think Trent and Atticus just don't have time for HTDA anymore.
    But if they create music and it sounds like HTDA, who knows? We could get a surprise announcement anytime.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    I just think Trent and Atticus just don't have time for HTDA anymore.
    But if they create music and it sounds like HTDA, who knows? We could get a surprise announcement anytime.
    I imagine that if they wanted to do more HTDA then time wouldn't be a problem. They'd just work on it instead of NIN for a little bit.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    My gut says we'll never get another HDTA song, or at best maybe a single for a soundtrack or something. I'd love to be wrong, but it just feels like they're both more interested in NIN and scores than HDTA. Maybe Q is just more interested in other things than doing another album. Who knows.

All I know is that their songs just seem to work really well with the cold / grey / changing leaves vibe of fall, so I've been listening to them a lot lately and yes, wishing that more was coming.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Trent & Atticus definitely seem more interested in Nine Inch Nails and film scores at the moment, and I think Mariqueen is enjoying being a mom for a while. The fact that Parasite has been played at several recent shows tells me that they haven't completely left the project behind just yet. I think it's more a question of when, not if, we'll get something new from them.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I wonder if Rob would be a part of HTDA if they ever release anything in the future. I miss Rob, he was a good egg. He's got a lot going on with his own ventures though, which is great to see.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ophelia_ View Post
    I wonder if Rob would be a part of HTDA if they ever release anything in the future. I miss Rob, he was a good egg. He's got a lot going on with his own ventures though, which is great to see.
    It really is! Funny that you post this comment today. I just bought four of his prints because he’s having a “buy 4 for the price of 3” sale across his whole store. The four I got were: a photo print from the Ghost sessions (Disintegration), two featuring animalistic skeletons used on two of the HTDA shirts (Curiousa Naturae), and one that’s the same style, but wasn’t used for any HTDA artwork that I can recall. I feel like that third one had to be on another shirt or something, though.

Whenever this current NIN hype train starts to wind itself down, I hope they do two things: give themselves a little time off to breathe, because holy shit, and then I’d really love to see HTDA make a return eventually. Not sure that Rob would be able to, or even want to, but that would be the best possible way to do it. Those four combined are a fucking solid group.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 11-22-2018 at 09:49 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ophelia_ View Post
    I have my doubts, mainly because he's doing his own thing now, and because I believe whatever comes next for the group is going to be different than what came before and won't require his services.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Well the question was asked in that Mexico band interview earlier this week, and it certainly seemed like HTDA was still a thing - which is a very good thing.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    Well the question was asked in that Mexico band interview earlier this week, and it certainly seemed like HTDA was still a thing - which is a very good thing.
    Mariqueen, Atticus and Trent for sure will do it. But I think number 4 might be Ally next time

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Mariqueen, Atticus and Trent for sure will do it. But I think number 4 might be Ally next time
    That definitely seems likely, especially considering how involved he's been with Trent & Atticus over the years (both on stage and in the studio).

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I'd love Alessandro to have more involvement in a TR&AR project. I wish he was involved more with NIN in music creation.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    I'd love Alessandro to have more involvement in a TR&AR project. I wish he was involved more with NIN in music creation.
    I think he prefers doing his own thing and not being tied down to someone else's band. But HTDA is technically a supergroup so it works for him to be a member

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I think he prefers doing his own thing and not being tied down to someone else's band. But HTDA is technically a supergroup so it works for him to be a member
    Well sadly Alessandro ended the one project of his that I absolutely love from him. His drone stuff is good if ya wanna put something on to chill and fall asleep to, but his Sonoio material is so much stronger. If he could bring that Sonoio style/sound to NIN or HTDA, I will be happy. His songwriting/melodies/build ups are great. He would be great with Trent and Atticus if they really let him in to do his thing with them.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    A Facebook poster on the NIN Facebook page suggested that Trent has said at some point that 'HTDA was a disaster because of other people involved in it' - I've just asked him for a link to the article this was said in, but as a close follower of all things Reznor, have never heard that before. It doesn't even seem like something he'd say. he's not usually that indiscreet - but if anyone can give credence to this, please link me up....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    A Facebook poster on the NIN Facebook page suggested that Trent has said at some point that 'HTDA was a disaster because of other people involved in it' - I've just asked him for a link to the article this was said in, but as a close follower of all things Reznor, have never heard that before. It doesn't even seem like something he'd say. he's not usually that indiscreet - but if anyone can give credence to this, please link me up....
    Sounds like BS.

The shows were very well received and so was the music. Plus that sounds out of character for Trent.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Sounds like BS.

The shows were very well received and so was the music. Plus that sounds out of character for Trent.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I don't believe that for a second. I do think htda is underrated but that's not really anyone's fault. It wasn't even for lack of promotion really because at least htda had a few videos (more than NIN by a longshot)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tremolo View Post
    Sounds like BS.

Yeah, that's made up.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Rob - maybe who knows
    Atticus - Trent was best man at his wedding
    Mariqueen - married Trent
    Ally - still in NIN

Bull, and indeed, shite

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    IF Trent said that (and that's one big massive IF), he could possibly be referring to people at Columbia Records. I doubt Trent would talk shit about Rob since their partnership apparently ended on good terms, and I highly doubt he would talk shit about two of his biggest musical collaborators, one of whom he's married to.
    Last edited by BRoswell; 12-10-2018 at 02:10 AM.