Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26

Thread: Random HTDA thoughts

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    A Facebook poster on the NIN Facebook page suggested that Trent has said at some point that 'HTDA was a disaster because of other people involved in it' - I've just asked him for a link to the article this was said in, but as a close follower of all things Reznor, have never heard that before. It doesn't even seem like something he'd say. he's not usually that indiscreet - but if anyone can give credence to this, please link me up....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    A Facebook poster on the NIN Facebook page suggested that Trent has said at some point that 'HTDA was a disaster because of other people involved in it' - I've just asked him for a link to the article this was said in, but as a close follower of all things Reznor, have never heard that before. It doesn't even seem like something he'd say. he's not usually that indiscreet - but if anyone can give credence to this, please link me up....
    Sounds like BS.

The shows were very well received and so was the music. Plus that sounds out of character for Trent.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Sounds like BS.

The shows were very well received and so was the music. Plus that sounds out of character for Trent.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    I don't believe that for a second. I do think htda is underrated but that's not really anyone's fault. It wasn't even for lack of promotion really because at least htda had a few videos (more than NIN by a longshot)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tremolo View Post
    Sounds like BS.

Yeah, that's made up.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Rob - maybe who knows
    Atticus - Trent was best man at his wedding
    Mariqueen - married Trent
    Ally - still in NIN

Bull, and indeed, shite

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    IF Trent said that (and that's one big massive IF), he could possibly be referring to people at Columbia Records. I doubt Trent would talk shit about Rob since their partnership apparently ended on good terms, and I highly doubt he would talk shit about two of his biggest musical collaborators, one of whom he's married to.
    Last edited by BRoswell; 12-10-2018 at 03:10 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    and I highly doubt he would talk shit about two of his biggest musical collaborators, one of whom he's married to.
    The other of whom used to sing in West India Girl

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    I highly doubt it’s Rob - the artistic direction completely suited the music aesthetic, hardly responsible for any failure, plus if that was true he wouldn’t have been touring with NIN just afterwards (also he had no musical input surely?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "A facebook poster... said.... "
    -- tunes out --

sorry

said it before will say it again, I can not wait for new htda

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Would y'all count that live performance of A Drowning the other night as NIN debuting it, or as HTDA performing it? The entire studio ensemble of HTDA was on stage after all, including Ally

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Would y'all count that live performance of A Drowning the other night as NIN debuting it, or as HTDA performing it? The entire studio ensemble of HTDA was on stage after all, including Ally
    Personally, I'd call it NIN. It was NIN show, with the NIN lineup, the only different factor being Q coming in to sing. I understand the argument about the studio ensemble, but it's not like any of them (again, besides Q) were brought to the stage just for that show.

Now, that said, if any of the artists were to contradict my take, then I'd obviously say that that settles it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Its HTDA with NIN if you can wrap your head around that crazy madness. loll