Thread: Random HTDA thoughts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    how about they just release the record and tour like every other band that makes money. they arent gonna make any money off the music. they make money off the shows. and the merch...

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joymode View Post
    how about they just release the record and tour like every other band that makes money.
    I would imagine that having two extremely young children doesn't make a "standard" tour a real distinct possibility. That's not to say live shows would be out of the question, but a months-long run of the states just doesn't strike me as feasible when BOTH parents are in the band.

I also have to imagine that money isn't a huge issue. Maybe I'm wrong; I don't know. But Trent strikes me as a pretty business savvy guy, and has probably managed to make sure that he's at least in a financially secure position. Not saying he's likely to be mind-blowingly wealthy, but I would imagine that his latter NIN days (with less gear-destructive live shows) and successful film scores would have been enough to afford him the chance to make/release music without money being a primary concern.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    i would imagine that having two extremely young children doesn't make a "standard" tour a real distinct possibility.
    they get older every day

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I would imagine that having two extremely young children doesn't make a "standard" tour a real distinct possibility.
    Don't worry, the kids will be fine. They'll just hire Danny Lohner to babysit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joymode View Post
    they arent gonna make any money off the music. they make money off the shows. and the merch...
    Isn't the point of Trent's departure from Interscope, self-promotion, formation of "Null Co.", and digital distribution of recent material to make money off of the music itself? Why the multiple price tiers and free 5 song previews if you're trying to hype a tour as an unknown band not sell a product? The HTDA Ep, and both soundtracks were distributed primarily in digital formats without a tour to follow them.