Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Random HTDA thoughts

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    Really diggin' this image:

Looks like the title to a 80s/90s action flick. (Robocop?)
    The VHS-kinda-looking image effect only adds more to it.
    I'm almost getting tired of this type of art. It's been 5 years since year zero.

ALMOST. I still kinda dig it, but it'll get old.
    Last edited by FernandoDante; 09-24-2012 at 07:16 PM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    What if... the new HTDA... is Year Zero 2??

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    What if... the new HTDA... is Year Zero 2??
    You know, I've seen more people suggesting that. Since it's not an LP yet, the title "An Omen" certainly fits.

But this is crazy talk, HTDA's LP is not YZ2.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I don't think it's a continuation of Year Zero obviously, but I think it'd be pretty cool if Trent set this E.P. in the world of Year Zero: As in making HTDA exist in the Year Zero universe as a band, that way they could actually supply music to the Year Zero television series without feeling out of place. I know, it's fanwank material.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    If it was titled Opal instead of Omen, on the other hand...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Please stop - I don't want to get my hopes up!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    I don't think it's a continuation of Year Zero obviously, but I think it'd be pretty cool if Trent set this E.P. in the world of Year Zero: As in making HTDA exist in the Year Zero universe as a band, that way they could actually supply music to the Year Zero television series without feeling out of place. I know, it's fanwank material.
    please no.

(Ha. this reminds me of the time fans were talking about niggy tardust maybe being in the world of YZ. and of the time fans were talking about The Slip maybe being in the world of YZ.)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Horican View Post
    please no.

(Ha. this reminds me of the time fans were talking about niggy tardust maybe being in the world of YZ. and of the time fans were talking about The Slip maybe being in the world of YZ.)
    Niggy was sort of confusing because either Saul or Trent (I don't remember) said it was inspired by the Year Zero universe, and Trent didn't help much by throwing the ARG Flag in the artwork for The Slip. I think Trent is inspired by his own work too much, which is why things seem to blend together sometimes.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I always wanted TR to cover Massive Attack's "Dissolved Girl", and now there's just no excuse.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Hi, i need some help, about the Wired Magazine of June 2010 (Ipad Edition)... i want to know if the physical magazine have any picture of HTDA and also i want to know if someone have all the images of HTDA on high resolution or pdf of the ipad edition... Thanx.

--> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nine-I...A/122876062246

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Look like they are recording some vox: http://blog.destroyangels.com/post/3...994/taken-with

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I hope at some point, there will be interviews with the whole band, not just Trent.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    The site's been updated, now there's the album art (hidden link in the glitch), a link to youtube and a stream of the new single. http://destroyangels.com/

Also, howtodestroyangels.com is now a redirect to destroyangels.com, and the metadata is all_ full_ of_ underscores_

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'm kinda pumped for this one and the new Deftones, Koi No Yokan. Both albums shouldn't dissapoint.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Also, howtodestroyangels.com is now a redirect to destroyangels.com, and the metadata is all_ full_ of_ underscores_
    howto.destroyangels.com also works, and also redirects to destroyangels.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    my mate just got an email from sonymusic/columbia records regarding our (german) fanblog www.howtodestroyangels.de
    they dont want us to take down the site, but they have to give their label-colleagues some info about our page and stuff, because our site is "marketed" (we have some amazon-special links to get some euros to pay the hosting..) and therefore make money out of the band's name.. i wonder where this will lead to...

trent?? do you think thats cool? :-)

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beta View Post
    they dont want us to take down the site, but they have to give their label-colleagues some info about our page and stuff, because our site is "marketed" (we have some amazon-special links to get some euros to pay the hosting..) and therefore make money out of the band's name.. i wonder where this will lead to...
    You are fully entitled to use affiliate links, and you should receive no pressure from the record label there. You are actively promoting the band. You're making money out of the band's name - but the money you'll be making is from affiliate links that drive sales of their product, and comes not out of the label's bottom line, only the retailer's bottom line, and if they were adversely affected by this, they would not use an affiliate program.

Was the sony/columbia rep from the EU, or the US?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    You are fully entitled to use affiliate links, and you should receive no pressure from the record label there. You are actively promoting the band. You're making money out of the band's name - but the money you'll be making is from affiliate links that drive sales of their product, and comes not out of the label's bottom line, only the retailer's bottom line, and if they were adversely affected by this, they would not use an affiliate program.

Was the sony/columbia rep from the EU, or the US?
    thx for the info.

the rep was from germany. but she said that they are in contact with the us staff..

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Okay...not working...

On last.fm enter How+to+destroy+angels_ and not How+To+Destroy+Angels

Full tracklist and song lengths.

Again, smells like bullshit.
    Last edited by paul_guyet; 10-11-2012 at 07:52 PM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Rob just posted: http://robsheridan.tumblr.com/post/3...destroy-angels

Also, as LP is re-confirmed and we're getting pics from studio, shall we resurrect the LP thread?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Rob just posted: http://robsheridan.tumblr.com/post/3...destroy-angels

Also, as LP is re-confirmed and we're getting pics from studio, shall we resurrect the LP thread?
    I assumed they'd be done recording by now. If mixing for the LP was done in March... what the hell.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Maybe they're recording a song entitled "soon"

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    I assumed they'd be done recording by now. If mixing for the LP was done in March... what the hell.
    Why would they stop writing music, just because an album has been finished? Would an author sit around doing nothing after turning in a novel to her publisher? Purposely wait to start writing until her fans could finally buy the book? : /

It's their job. They work. You know?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Why would they stop writing music, just because an album has been finished? Would an author sit around doing nothing after turning in a novel to her publisher? Purposely wait to start writing until her fans could finally buy the book? : /

It's their job. They work. You know?
    I don't think they're recording for something outside the LP. I think the LP isn't done yet.

I mean, recording for a new release while they still have two coming out? What are they, Green Day?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    For all we know, the LP is part one - they may be recording part 2. Or maybe they just wrote a good song and wanted it down?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    I don't think they're recording for something outside the LP. I think the LP isn't done yet.

I mean, recording for a new release while they still have two coming out? What are they, Green Day?
    He said the LP was 98% done. What makes you believe otherwise?

I mean, what are you? Kreskin?

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    All wrong.
    After reading this shit on ETS, they're doing rehearsals to get the singing synchronous.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    So, now that we have our first official remix in the form of Dave Sitek's "Keep it together", who are some of your dream remixers for Destroy Angels?

Here are some of mine...

-Adam Freeland
    -BT
    -Chromeo (I did say dream remixers)
    -Gui Boratto
    -Johnny Jewel / Symmetry
    -M83 and/or Big Black Delta
    -Rex the Dog
    -Trentemoller
    -Twin Shadow
    -UNKLE / Rich File
    -White Sea
    -Wild Beasts
    -SONOIO / Blindoldalessandro

OK, that's plenty. With the exception of Alessandro, I don't think any of the other choices have ever been involved in a NIN remix.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Man, if Dre remixes HTDA as a favour to Trent for the Beats stuff, I will break down and cry

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Always wanted Alec Empire to remix some stuff of Trent's... also A Place To Bury Strangers, El-P, Four Tet, Death Grips, James Murphy, Aesop Rock or/and Shabazz Palaces, please.