Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Random HTDA thoughts

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey Bloom View Post
    Trent can be as arrogant as he wants at this point haha
    Well, yes, he certainly could be, but I don't think he would want to be with this particular project. The stakes are higher -- besides the basic fact that it's a brand-new project, he's not the center of the universe here; he doesn't just have himself and his success to consider.

Edit: And I should clarify that I don't mean that in a negative way whatsoever. When it comes to NIN, he's the center of that universe; he's it.
    Last edited by jessamineny; 08-01-2012 at 09:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    The stakes are higher -- besides the basic fact that it's a brand-new project, he's not the center of the universe here; he doesn't just have himself and his success to consider.
    Except for the fact that most of the comments I read on here mention Trent a lot more than Mariqueen and Atticus (i.e. "he's taking his time with this one" or "I wish Trent would etc. etc." rather than "they"). He's still the focal point of the band to most people, and of course it's his name that's going to draw in the uninitiated.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carpenoctem View Post
    Except for the fact that most of the comments I read on here mention Trent a lot more than Mariqueen and Atticus (i.e. "he's taking his time with this one" or "I wish Trent would etc. etc." rather than "they"). He's still the focal point of the band to most people, and of course it's his name that's going to draw in the uninitiated.
    Yeah, it's a NIN board. Of course we make him the focus.

He has, however, made it clear he doesn't want himself to be the focus of the band.

But that wasn't the point of my argument in any case. It was that of course TR would care about the perceptions of this project, because there are other members of the band -- including his wife -- whose success he would naturally be compelled to consider.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Collaboration? I sure hope so.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Yeah, it's a NIN board. Of course we make him the focus.

He has, however, made it clear he doesn't want himself to be the focus of the band.

But that wasn't the point of my argument in any case. It was that of course TR would care about the perceptions of this project, because there are other members of the band -- including his wife -- whose success he would naturally be compelled to consider.
    Last time I checked, we were on the HTDA board

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Everywhere that I post seems to be locked. Last time I checked a forum was a place to hold a conversation. We need some new music really, come on Trent!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    In May (I think), Trent mentioned in an interview that baby number two was weeks away. Assuming he was right, that means he and Q have an 8 week old along with an almost two year old - I have two year old and one on the way, I completely understand why things may be on hold for a little bit - newborns and toddlers tend to demand some attention
    Especially if they were going to do something live...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by danebraddy View Post
    In May (I think), Trent mentioned in an interview that baby number two was weeks away. Assuming he was right, that means he and Q have an 8 week old along with an almost two year old - I have two year old and one on the way, I completely understand why things may be on hold for a little bit - newborns and toddlers tend to demand some attention
    Especially if they were going to do something live...
    There was an interview in May? I thought they've been in radio silence for a lot longer than that. The last interview I read was last year, in Rolling Stone, and I thought he'd mentioned the baby was coming a lot sooner than this summer.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    There was an interview in May? I thought they've been in radio silence for a lot longer than that. The last interview I read was last year, in Rolling Stone, and I thought he'd mentioned the baby was coming a lot sooner than this summer.
    There have been at least "a few" interviews this year.

Which means "too many" mentions of the HTDA record not coming to fruition until the very end of the year, at least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    Which means "too many" mentions of the HTDA record not coming to fruition until the very end of the year, at least.
    I'm fine with it. Sometimes good music needs a little time to come to fruition :-)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    You're right, may bad - Baby would have been born mid - late January. Still that an almost 2 year old and a six month old taking up the time of two thirds of the band.

I guess I try not to think about the personal lives* of TR, Q or any other musician I like, but when I take this into account it explains the delay, silence and makes me feel a bit like a dick for whining about it

*meaning the parts of their life they don't really want to, or do talk about

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by danebraddy View Post
    You're right, may bad - Baby would have been born mid - late January. Still that an almost 2 year old and a six month old taking up the time of two thirds of the band.

I guess I try not to think about the personal lives* of TR, Q or any other musician I like, but when I take this into account it explains the delay, silence and makes me feel a bit like a dick for whining about it

*meaning the parts of their life they don't really want to, or do talk about
    I'm right there with you buddy. The wait is agonizing. Babies are horrible.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Also worth noting that Trent probably has more than enough money to have the babies taken care of, while the adults do work. It's not quite the same as some single mother having to take care of two new children and having no time for work/play.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Also worth noting that Trent probably has more than enough money to have the babies taken care of...
    They're married*. It's their money.

*in California, no less

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Also worth noting that Trent probably has more than enough money to have the babies taken care of, while the adults do work. It's not quite the same as some single mother having to take care of two new children and having no time for work/play.
    Except they probably like their babies and want to spend time with them. Especially since Trent's an old dad, and probably old dads are more appreciative or something. You know, the whole "special treasure, had you late in life" kind of thing. He's waited this long to settle down and start a family so this is a big thing for him.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Except they probably like their babies and want to spend time with them. Especially since Trent's an old dad, and probably old dads are more appreciative or something. You know, the whole "special treasure, had you late in life" kind of thing. He's waited this long to settle down and start a family so this is a big thing for him.
    That post is so chock-full of stereotypes. I'll just say this: 47 is not that fucking old. Jesus.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I think it would be much easier to tour when the kids are little and can come with you, when they go to school is when it would become much harder unless you send them to boarding school (do they have that in America?) considering BOTH parents are in the band, so i'd put money on a tour sooner rather than later

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That post is so chock-full of stereotypes. I'll just say this: 47 is not that fucking old. Jesus.
    It's definitely not the average age that men welcome new kids at, nor is it close to it. But it's becoming more common.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    http://tamarlevine-1111.tumblr.com/p...-to-photograph
    If she's doing photos of Q, that would lead to believe that perhaps some kind of release of them to promote the LP is coming soon? Maybe? I'm fucking fishing for stuff here guys.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    http://tamarlevine-1111.tumblr.com/p...-to-photograph
    If she's doing photos of Q, that would lead to believe that perhaps some kind of release of them to promote the LP is coming soon? Maybe? I'm fucking fishing for stuff here guys.
    You may have caught a fish:

http://instagram.com/p/OPTMl-kKAB/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Oh god, not more photos! I don't mean that in a nasty way, she's very pleasant on the eye and everything. If the situation wasn't as it is, I would be quite happy to see pictures of Q posted on HTDA's twitter. But I just.. I just can't handle anymore detail free teases...

Do they hate me?! Have I wronged them in some way?! Please, for the love of all that is holy, put me out of my mysery!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Ah, but Tamar Lavine, on top of being Rob's fiancé, is a photographer who has done pro shots for NIN before, so her doing the photos strongly implies that there'll be some press shots etc being made. Q's face was the cover of the first single, maybe it'll be the cover of the second one too?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I sincerely hope so. My optimistic side is rearing its fat ugly head again. My mind keeps telling me ''Oh, but its Sunday. Monday seems the perfect time to announce an album. You know, being the beginning of the week and all'' FUCK OFF OPTIMISM YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER BY NOW!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    maybe she just wants a new fb profile pic

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    The past few days every time I go onto the site I download music from I get excited for a millisecond, then realize I'm seeing the new single from How To Dress Well. :/

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    How To Drool Anxiously

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Being that new photos were being taken, I'm assuming that they're for press/promotional purposes. Today I keep feeling that there will be some form of announcement this week, but I felt the same thing about two months ago. I'm ecstatic that they're taking their time on this project, but the wait is very, very painful. I do know this for sure... when something finally gets announced, a majority of us (including myself) will go apeshit.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I don't mind them taking long on it. When it comes down to it, it can only be a good thing they're taking their time on it. The part I hate is the Twitter post every 2 months or so that ends up just being a damned picture. Every time I see a new tweet, I go berserk with excitement only to see another damned photo with absolutely no details what so ever. They must be doing this on purpose. Cheeky buggers

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    So Mariqueen was on another band's album before HTDA's came out? RUDE
    http://mingping.ning.com/page/store-1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Just listened to it. Very odd. Upbeat sounding to the extent that I couldn't recognise her voice (or wouldn't have been able to if she wasn't the only female vocalist in the song). At any rate, I agree. How rude!