Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27

Thread: Random HTDA thoughts

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    The other day I binged Watchmen in its entirety in one day. I wouldn't have even know about it if not for the TR / AR score, so obviously I knew who was responsible for the music going into it. But all I could think, episode after episode, was "goddamn...I'm getting HTDA vibes from this". And then really, really wanting a new album from them. Anyone else watch the series and get that sort of feeling?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    The other day I binged Watchmen in its entirety in one day. I wouldn't have even know about it if not for the TR / AR score, so obviously I knew who was responsible for the music going into it. But all I could think, episode after episode, was "goddamn...I'm getting HTDA vibes from this". And then really, really wanting a new album from them. Anyone else watch the series and get that sort of feeling?
    oh, absolutely. i was a little bummed mariqueen's voice never popped up haha.

i listened to welcome oblivion last month (first record i spun for "quarantine jams") and i still love it. i also still think it's better than hesitation marks (and i only compare them because they came out a few months apart).

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    With no new HTDA since the debut album (unless you count the Bowie cover) I've often wondered if we'd ever see some solo music from Mariqueen.

A bummer that it's been so long, I guess it's enough being a full-time mom with the number of kids involved... priorities and what not.

Maybe she makes music for herself and chooses not to release it? who really knows.. all i know is I'd love to hear something from her if not the band at large.
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 11-27-2021 at 09:24 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I can't shake the feeling that Intriguing Possibilities (from Social Network) reused and slightly altered piano motif from A Drowning. Anyone else hearing this?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I think its about time for a nice boxed collecting things together...