Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Random HTDA thoughts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhenry View Post
    An Omen is my favorite collection of lost Morcheeba b-sides.
    are you fucking kidding me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ice age video:
    Anyone get the writing on the floppy at the end?
    Any idea what and if it's a reference to something.

The song sounds like it is written by Ian kurtis for Sheryl crow, but with good vocals , to state the obvious.
    Definitely one of my favorite songs atm.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    HTDA was on the tumblr radar earlier (it's like trending on twitter, except tumblr mods handpick which posts to put on it)

I guess that's cool?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    wish the media would start mentioning HTDA as "HTDA" and not "Trent Reznor's Project HTDA". it's getting old already. i understand it offers extra exposure, but some people may actually get turned off by TR's name being attached to it.

same goes for "Thom Yorke's Atom for Peace".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Pretty far fetched but... Maybe whatever Trent is working on with Dre/Beats has to do with Coachella. Last year Beats was a sponsor at Coachella. They had an air conditioned room with couches where you can listen to the live music on Beats headphones. What if the two are collaborating on some interactive art installation/live show for the festival.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    It would suck so much if the big thing was limited to a small area of one state in one country that only a tiny number of people could use

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whatkilesaid View Post
    Pretty far fetched but... Maybe whatever Trent is working on with Dre/Beats has to do with Coachella. Last year Beats was a sponsor at Coachella. They had an air conditioned room with couches where you can listen to the live music on Beats headphones. What if the two are collaborating on some interactive art installation/live show for the festival.
    I went to Coachella in 2001 and I sure as shit didn't drive 2300km to sit in a room and listen to the show over headphones. I could have stayed at home, put on some CDs and done that.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Rob's on Honeymoon, Atticus is about to start press for Broken City, Trent is building a music spaceship with Dr Dre and Mariqueen is apparently taking in all the museums of America. And yet, I totally expect HTDA to drop something else sometime soon.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I've been drinking and I just re-watched the Ice age video and I think that I would go straight for Mariqueen.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Just got a sponsored tweet from VEVO for Ice Age.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354587770.972163.jpg
    Last edited by bgalbraith; 12-03-2012 at 08:26 PM. Reason: tapatalk weirdness

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Trent commented on someone's status and told them to fuck themselves because they said the deadmau5 remix is what Trent should have done instead of the boring original version or something like that.

what a bunch of assholes. some guy wrote "maybe musicians with shitty lives make better outputs", and when Trent commented he wrote that it's sad that Trent can't take criticism because he's a "designer himself and also has to deal with a lot of criticism".
    Last edited by dominik; 12-04-2012 at 06:27 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Trent should stop reacting like a 12 year old to criticism unless he's purposely trying to be funny. It's embarrassing. I get that it's frustrating, but you have to keep a cool head. Counter criticism works a lot better than "FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING FUCKY FUCK"

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I_ hate_ underscores_ ._

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Perhaps I'm in the minority here and will probably be kicked in the teeth for saying so, but here's my opinion of HTDA.

Love the sound. Great beats, melodies, mixtures, transitions and sounds. It screams Trent Reznor all over it, and I love that. But, I think that it would be better having been all instrumental.

Now before anyone shits on me, let me say that this is not a dig on Mariqueen's singing abilities. She's actually pretty good. But my problem is, a song starts playing and right away my brain says "Trent Reznor... Nine Inch Nails... Sounds like it's gonna be pretty awesome..." And then in come the vocals from someone that is not Trent Reznor. It just doesn't sound right. It sounds like NIN being sung by someone else. And being a female voice is an even further departure from what I am expecting.

I guess if I can past expecting to hear Trent, or no vocals at all, it's pretty good. I'm just finding it very hard to do so...

Nonetheless, great to see Trent rolling along and I wish HTDA tremendous success...

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Sounds like a problem you need to sort out for yourself. I don't see NIN doing a song like Ice age (or Keep it together, or A Drowning, for that matter), but I guess some people just hear Trent too much in the music.

Fix your brain, man. Stop thinking of HTDA's music as Trent Reznor; think of it as the four people that it actually is.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    He doesn't need to sort anything out, or fix his brain, or stop thinking one way or start thinking another way. He hears the music the way he hears it, and it's just as valid as the way you hear it. (And he was very respectful -- and even complimentary -- in expressing his opinion as well.)

Or she. I have no idea if he's a dude.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Not much to fix my friend. I hear what I hear. Trent lays down a track and it sounds like his work. Can you really say you don't hear his style in the music?

And yes, I am a dude...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I think next time is involved with a new project, he should pull a Richard D. James and not make it obvious he's involved.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I haven't downloaded, bought or listened to a thing from the new EP.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    It's free ya know. Can it really hurt that bad to listen to a track?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    It's free ya know. Can it really hurt that bad to listen to a track?
    Nah just been too lazy to not to mention it hasn't sparked my immediate interest. I plan to one of these days.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    I think next time is involved with a new project, he should pull a Richard D. James and not make it obvious he's involved.
    to what Richard D James project are you referring?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Nah just been too lazy to not to mention it hasn't sparked my immediate interest. I plan to one of these days.
    Something that you haven't listened to hasn't caught your attention?

Do you expect to magically have things that you choose to ignore jump out at you?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warped_Savant View Post
    Something that you haven't listened to hasn't caught your attention?

Do you expect to magically have things that you choose to ignore jump out at you?
    Keep It Together didn't excite me when I heard it plus I'm not the biggest fan of HTDA's vocal direction.

So yeah, that explains it.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 12-09-2012 at 10:28 AM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    The Tuss perhaps?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Keep It Together didn't excite me when I heard it plus I'm not the biggest fan of HTDA's vocal direction.

So yeah, that explains it.
    Do you now see what the contradiction is? Saying you haven't listened to anything from it and then saying that you listened to the first single and didn't like it... Simply saying what you mean at the beginning would've made a lot more sense. (IE: "I didn't like Keep it Together so I haven't bothered listening to the rest of the EP.")

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warped_Savant View Post
    Do you now see what the contradiction is? Saying you haven't listened to anything from it and then saying that you listened to the first single and didn't like it... Simply saying what you mean at the beginning would've made a lot more sense. (IE: "I didn't like Keep it Together so I haven't bothered listening to the rest of the EP.")
    Contradiction to an extent but mostly boredom-induced memory loss.

I didn't really include Keep it Together with the EP in mention since it kinda served as a single, which lacked any vital punch.

I downloaded the EP yesterday. Yet to listen to it and doubt I'll be impressed to a large extent.

Your prodding has been noted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    An Omen is really growing on me. 'Speaking in Tongues' is just so ... sinister. It's hard to believe it won't be on the proper album next year.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    I think they're referring to a quote from an interview where he said that he's been involved with other albums that nobody knows about, and that nobody would realize he worked on them because they don't fit into the typical Aphex Twin style.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Where is everyone downloading it for free? I see the option to download it from their site for $5.00 but nothing for free.