Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Baroness

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Baroness

Always thought of them as a Mastodon 'Lite.' Loving their new album "Yellow & Green." Great mix of metal, prog, rock and some psychedelic

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    The new albums are awesome.. been rinsing both discs.. I loved Blue Record so much though. Got tickets to see em in Bristol next month too, so excited.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    After beeing a long time Mastodon fan I have to admit that these guys have surpassed them. Loving the new album and also the last one. I might aswell check them out once more this year. Let's see what my schedule has to offer...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Holy shit.

Baroness involved in serious bus crash.

Coach fell 30 feet? Ugh...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    fuuuck.. I was at the Bristol gig last night and was about to post how fucking awesome it was.
    thoughts are with them and their crew.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Crazy. I don't know how anyone was not killed. Pics are intense.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Just preordered their new album "Purple", "Chlorine & Wine" sounds great: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/bar...ine-streaming/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    Just preordered their new album "Purple", "Chlorine & Wine" sounds great: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/bar...ine-streaming/
    As did I. The new song is killer. Just sucks the wait is 4 months

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Such a sick photo. Can't get enough of Chlorine & Wine.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    New song isn't bad, though I was hoping for a return to the heavier style of the first two albums.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Here's my Baroness story: they played at a festival in my town (Monterrey, México) this past Saturday. Before the show John did one of his A Perfect Monster pop-up exhibitions at a local art gallery. My brother and I showed up early, about 20 minutes before the exhibition was supposed to start, and it was only the two of us waiting there. We were chatting and then we noticed that John had come outside for a smoke, so we started chatting with him. Great guy. I think this is the first time I tell a musician I respect the way I discovered them, it was 5 years ago, Baroness opened for Meshuggah and that set made me a fan for life. I also told him that I had seen them a year ago, opening for the Deftones in Corpus Christi TX. He then told me that when they are opening for a band they try their hardest to be better than the band they are opening for, so with the Deftones, they tried to be better than them (and it showed, that was a short, but amazing show, so much energy). But with Meshuggah, John said: yeah, it was impossible to top them, it was useless to try to beat them.

I asked him about the biggest crowd he had played and said that it was Colombia, 60,000 people, he wondered "when the hell did we get so big in Colombia?". I told him that I was super surprised to see Baroness in the lineup for this festival because we never get good bands in Monterrey and he said "yeah, I was surprised too but happy to be here" (here he said something about previous plans to come to Mexico but some show promoter took the money and disappeared...I didn't understand this super well) and then proceeded to comment that it was weird to see them in a festival with Incubus as the headliner (he implied that his fanbase is not the same as Incubus' fanbase) but said he was looking forward to see Kreator and Deftones (also on the bill). My overall impression is that he remembers well his shows...great guy, very down to earth, and for me it meant a lot to tell him when I discovered them. The show was GREAT. A Purple-heavy set, with March to the Sea, Board Up The House, and Isak thrown in. Gina has such an amazing energy, great replacement for Pete. They played at 5 pm, not a lot of people were there for their set, but the few of us were so excited to see them. Hope they come back!

Last edited by cahernandez; 10-30-2017 at 04:38 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    New single is good. Upcoming album is titled Gold and Grey

Wow. The album had like 4 or 5 vinyl variant pressings. All of them are sold out besides boring black and frankly every other Baroness album I have is colored so I'm indifferent on whether or not to wait till a repress or new variants to emerge. This band works with colors and my copies have corresponding color hues (minus Blue). Either way it was ONE day since the announcement. I swear. Snooze you lose. I didn't even know about it until today.

I just got standard black even though it pains me. I never bought Purple and unless I want rip off prices I'm stuck getting that in black too.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 03-15-2019 at 11:56 PM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Purple is a great album, for anyone new that wants to check them out.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Seeing them tonight with Deafheaven! Yusssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Seeing them tonight with Deafheaven! Yusssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
    sounds good. I really wanted to go but no NC stops this time.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    New single is good. Upcoming album is titled Gold and Grey

Wow. The album had like 4 or 5 vinyl variant pressings. All of them are sold out besides boring black and frankly every other Baroness album I have is colored so I'm indifferent on whether or not to wait till a repress or new variants to emerge. This band works with colors and my copies have corresponding color hues (minus Blue). Either way it was ONE day since the announcement. I swear. Snooze you lose. I didn't even know about it until today.

I just got standard black even though it pains me. I never bought Purple and unless I want rip off prices I'm stuck getting that in black too.
    A new record store variant has showed up! I pre-ordered it from Waterloo Records in Austin: https://waterloorecords.tuneportals....ed-Edition-2LP

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    A new record store variant has showed up! I pre-ordered it from Waterloo Records in Austin: https://waterloorecords.tuneportals....ed-Edition-2LP
    Ahhhh! After I preordered the black of course.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Well, I just got this email from Waterloo:

"Hello! Since this is an Indie Exclusive Limited Edition, it wasn't supposed to be listed on our website, but our web host accidentally listed it. Indie Exclusive Limited Editions are meant to bring people into the record stores, but we are trying to get these in. Most of the time the labels only allot a small number per store. We will keep you posted. The release date is June 14th, so we will know more closer to that date."

Meaning: I don't think they will honor my purchase.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    New vinyl variants up as I said there’d be but I’m too late.

They have a new tour leg announced and they now have a show August 13th in Charlotte. Consider that my next show! On sale tomorrow.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    What did you guys think of the new album? I do not care much for the more "aggressive" songs (which are the fewer on this album) BUT the more melodic, atmospheric songs are amazing. Overall this was a great effort by Baroness and now I'd rank them as:
    1. Yellow & Green
    2. Purple
    3. Gold & Grey
    4. Blue
    5. Red

(This listing does not consider the terrible mastering issues of Purple and Gold & Grey)
    (I haven't listened to First & Second, what are your guys' views on these EPs?)
    Last edited by cahernandez; 07-07-2019 at 05:18 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    production sucks on the new album too. partially ruins some great songs.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Love the album but it is a chore to listen to because the mix is so overwhelming.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Seeing them in a month roughly! August 13th!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I just got back from the show and wow. What an experience. Such positive energy and synergy on stage with this current form of the band.

As for the crowd, when they played Shock Me the place exploded in motion, crowd sing-along and vibes. So much so that John actually commented on it and said they always await when crowd comes alive together. Sometimes it's a different song, its at the start of the show, the end of the show or not at all. He loved it. The room also exploded when they played Eula.

Such an awesome show. take a look see at my photos and a video snippet of Seasons.

A post shared by on