Page 35 of 77 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 2288

Thread: Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think Year Zero was definitely personal to a different side of Trent than we normally see. He was obviously passionate about making it. Or he could have just been fulfilling the end of his contract with Interscope, but I doubt it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The whole internet/website story thing he created was fuckin awesome too. I like that part of it the most.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I like this takeover. Do proceed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What do you guys think of "How to Destroy Angels" ??? Im not so sure of it...:-/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like it quite a bit, however I'd like Trent to do both, even just release one NIN song a year or something. I'm excited for the full length. I really enjoy the score work he has done, as well, which I just think of as an extension of NIN.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    not that i read this thread for anything other than slight jabs and disappointing news from manson, but can a brother ask you guys to possibly stay on target:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Sorry to get back on topic, but someone's gotta say: who does really care about Manson's music nowadays? Not even getting Twiggy back in the band helped. From what I heard from this new album, it's gonna be "Eat Me Drink Me - Part 3"... all that eletronic-goth-emo-pancake-girlie stuff. It seems he forgot to tell us that it was all a trilogy thingy again.... a shitty one this time. I can totally see the band doing music for the Monster High dolls ads in the future.

Not to exclusively dismiss the band, since there's lots of fans around here, I still hear the AC/MA/HW trilogy a lot.... awesome recordings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    and without trent, manson wouldnt be even close to where is he is today...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Although I do agree that it could be frustrating coming here to see the news on manson, and all you see is NIN shit... :-/

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Does anyone know if Daisy is still planning to release volume 2 of those Spooky Kids remastered demos?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Does anyone know if Daisy is still planning to release volume 2 of those Spooky Kids remastered demos?
    Been in talks for years, since 2005 I believe. No words or news since, besides fans' passing mentions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andre78 View Post
    Sorry to get back on topic, but someone's gotta say: who does really care about Manson's music nowadays? Not even getting Twiggy back in the band helped. From what I heard from this new album, it's gonna be "Eat Me Drink Me - Part 3"... all that eletronic-goth-emo-pancake-girlie stuff. It seems he forgot to tell us that it was all a trilogy thingy again.... a shitty one this time..
    I pretty much agree. While I have enjoyed several songs from the last two records, they nowhere near meet the quality standard that Manson achieved in the mid-late 90's/early 00's. This new album does seem seem to be adding to the EMDM saga, although I don't know if it's a trilogy because the one after BV might be more of the same, too. Or this might be it, who knows! I'm just interested in hearing it but I'm not expecting to be blown away or super impressed. We will see.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I'm honestly quite surprised at the people saying BV is gonna be in the same vein as EMDM and HEOL. Did you guys listen to all the previews? I agree 100% Manson's music will never be what it was, but Born Villain actually sounds like its gonna be pretty great for what it is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    From the previews...I think its going to be about 50/50...

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andre78 View Post
    Sorry to get back on topic, but someone's gotta say: who does really care about Manson's music nowadays?
    Uh, his fans?

And if you think Eat Me, Drink Me and The High End Of Low sound anything alike, you're fucking drunk.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    WHAT KIND OF NONSENSE IS THIS?! Particularly the Year Zero part.
    With_Teeth just came off as overly safe and insecure. If i recall correctly even he said he felt that way and in hindsight would have gone about it differently. Year Zero isn't terrible or anything but it can get monotonous. A bulk of the tracks feel too similar and that's cool cause he even said it was pretty much an experiment. I just think it would have nice to have the passion of AVOTT,ITT, and Zero-Sum (my gosh those songs were fucking luscious) all the way though. So there is some manson talk in this i'll just add this. The band seems to have the capability to make something decent but come off very un-inspired. Maybe a passionate lead guitarist like ZimZum or an experimental one like John 5 would help. Fuck even Skold was good but with a band going through such a lack of identity resaults are never going to be too pretty. BTW, doing this on a ps3 v.s. a macbook blows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Uh, his fans?

And if you think Eat Me, Drink Me and The High End Of Low sound anything alike, you're fucking drunk.
    Vocally especially and a bit lyrically, I'd say they're similar. But due to the fact that Skold wrote EMDM and Twiggy wrote most of HEOL, they obviously sound different musically.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    "High End of Low" is a bit better than "Eat Me Drink Me", but just by a hair both albums are just awful

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrift&AtPeace View Post
    Year Zero seemed like trent's first concept album... All the rest seem more personal to him imo...although I enjoyed YZ quite a bit more than I thought I was going to...
    You must not have listened to The Downward Spiral, then.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _incoma_ View Post
    With_Teeth just came off as overly safe and insecure. If i recall correctly even he said he felt that way and in hindsight would have gone about it differently. Year Zero isn't terrible or anything but it can get monotonous. A bulk of the tracks feel too similar and that's cool cause he even said it was pretty much an experiment. I just think it would have nice to have the passion of AVOTT,ITT, and Zero-Sum (my gosh those songs were fucking luscious) all the way though. So there is some manson talk in this i'll just add this. The band seems to have the capability to make something decent but come off very un-inspired. Maybe a passionate lead guitarist like ZimZum or an experimental one like John 5 would help. Fuck even Skold was good but with a band going through such a lack of identity resaults are never going to be too pretty. BTW, doing this on a ps3 v.s. a macbook blows.
    I know this is the Manson forum, but this makes me all twitchy. He said THE SLIP was an experiment. Carry on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Manson and Depp just played together again in a private show

More pics: http://www.manson.com.br/noticia/fot...-apresentacao/

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    BV may or may not have leaked now. However, I could be wrong.

Good luck getting to it though.

EDIT: Ehh, I'd give it a few hours.
    Last edited by jezstyle; 04-17-2012 at 11:51 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    How cryptic. HINTS PLEASE.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellzapoppin View Post
    Manson and Depp just played together again in a private show

More pics: http://www.manson.com.br/noticia/fot...-apresentacao/
    Manson has an horrible look nowadays

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jezstyle View Post
    BV may or may not have leaked now. However, I could be wrong.

Good luck getting to it though.

EDIT: Ehh, I'd give it a few hours.
    yeah looks like it did but you have to jump through hoops and i'm personally okay with waiting another day or so.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrvirginia View Post
    yeah looks like it did but you have to jump through hoops and i'm personally okay with waiting another day or so.
    None of those hoops led anywhere for me, looks pretty fake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    hoops? i bloody love hoops...especially the spaghetti kind...but anyways, if anyone has it....link us all up?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    None of those hoops led anywhere for me, looks pretty fake.
    with copious amounts of other albums listed on there? possibly. but certainly makes you wonder.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Then again it -did- have some knowledge into the album (mansonwiki link, album distribution details, acknowledgement of previous fake uploads, someone posting this onto Wikipedia which was how I noticed it). Seems all a little too elaborate if you ask me. Meh, even if this were real, I'd wait until tomorrow when someone risks their credit card details/computer protection to get it into a legit torrent site. Hence the "give it a few hours".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrvirginia View Post
    Maybe, we can search today or wait april 25.