Page 74 of 77 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,220 of 2288

Thread: Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I have no real opinion about this specific situation, but Pogo is just a huge douche in general. That's probably why he's getting shit.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Why is he a douche? I hear again and again how bad he is, but I find him to be a nice enough bloke

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    I'm with Sutekh here, even though I really don't care too much. Why is pogo such a douche? I mean, yeah, the eager idea of suing people for leaking demos from your 15 year old album is a little naive and silly, but other than that I don't see what the big deal is.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Do you have him on Facebook? All he does is whine and act like an asshole to everyone who doesn't blow him.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Do you have him on Facebook?
    No... I do not.

Why would I do that?

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    OK I'm confused: if he wants money off them - why not release them? In a nice package/liner notes, etc. Obviously there's demand: people will pay for them.
    Is it because he and Manson are fighting?
    And that MMII track is pretty bad, would have been bad in 1995 too. Lame band name too. Calling your band MMII is...even worse than Velvet Revolver.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    OK I'm confused: if he wants money off them - why not release them? In a nice package/liner notes, etc. Obviously there's demand: people will pay for them.
    Is it because he and Manson are fighting?
    And that MMII track is pretty bad, would have been bad in 1995 too. Lame band name too. Calling your band MMII is...even worse than Velvet Revolver.
    MMII = Marilyn Manson 2?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Who knows, not much is stated by it. They have two singles on iTunes and it was debuted in 2011. Was nothing remarkable or groundbreaking to me.

The vocalist on that song has a band out here called Desillusion and tours with My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult as their guitarist.

Edit: That song is also a cover of a Killing Joke song, if you weren't already aware.
    Last edited by wight rabbit; 02-19-2013 at 11:34 PM.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    It's certainly decent enough but when a cover's THAT straightforward I'd generally rather just play the badass original instead...definitely worth a couple LOLs hearing Pogo cover a song called "Money is Not Our God," though.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    When and where exactly were those shows on the Guns, God and Government Tour that had Manson come on stage on that chariot with the nude women? I'm watching bootlegs on YouTube but every show seems to just have some curtain up for the intro and then *fall, IHA starts*.

Except for OzzFest where he just walks on stage. Lol.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    If that scene you refer to is present on BruRay release, than it's the very last show, specifically played for filming this DVD. The Bluray has the footage only from this show, while the DVD is a montage of the whole tour.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    So, only the show that was filmed had it? Boo.

I remember when the DVD was going to be filmed in Dublin and I wasn't allowed to go. Bit odd that I ended up seeing Manson before my friends that had tickets to that.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    That Dublin show scheduled for the filming of the GGG DVD was almost my 1st international Manson show...right after they announced it I happened to discover my credit card had a $10,000 limit, lol. Fortunately, filming there was cancelled & rescheduled for elsewhere BEFORE I went that far! But, yeah...the chicks & the chariot intro was organized solely for the LA GGG show at the Grand Olympic Auditorium, which is the sole source of footage for the Live in LA blu-ray disc & incorporated heavily into the GGG DVD disc as well.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

There is a bluray of the LA show?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Marily...y/7004/#Review

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    It's really good, well worth getting if you were on board up until holywood.

Of course *admires fingernails* the London show was much better... we got my monkey, cake & sodomy and they finished with 1996 ;P

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Re: Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    I got this blu ray recently and I thought it was horrible. The audio totally doesn't sync up with the video and it makes it look like he is lip syncing hard. At least on the GGG dvd it was all cut up so you expect it to be off. I feel like I wasted my money.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I found the sync fine on the whole, but in certain places it's clear either the audio has been tweaked afterwards, or he was using backing tapes at the time. But it's not like that all the way through (as I recall)

TBH I enjoy the show as a slick, well rehearsed rock spectacle anyway (rather than having any raw, authentic punk type quality), so it doesn't affect my enjoyment - but yep, it is there.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I found the sync fine on the whole, but in certain places it's clear either the audio has been tweaked afterwards, or he was using backing tapes at the time. But it's not like that all the way through (as I recall)

TBH I enjoy the show as a slick, well rehearsed rock spectacle anyway (rather than having any raw, authentic punk type quality), so it doesn't affect my enjoyment - but yep, it is there.
    It wasn't the whole time but the times it happened were so bad it turned me off. One part he's screaming (not a backing tape) and he doesn't have the mic to his face. Just ruined it for me and I really like the GGG dvd despite the rapid fire concert cuts.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Definitely comes down to personal preference... the GGG/Sphinctour editing style (lots of different gigs edited together) for me is one of the cardinal sins of making a live video... the other major one being breaking up the concert with interview footage

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Here is the clip of Manson on californication

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Kick his ass David Duchovny!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Here is the clip of Manson on californication

so that was fucking awful

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    God that was just extremely painful to watch.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    didn't they succeed with that manson scene? fit his current image very well imo. i found it funny.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I just finished the episode, it was better than I thought it would be, he was pretty funny and didn't seem out of place... especially next to Fetch... I fucking love that guy.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    From Travis via Vinyl Collective boards:
    Glad you guys are enjoying this one. Working on more vinyl from the Manson catalog
    Fingers crossed for Holy Wood.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by baudolino View Post
    didn't they succeed with that manson scene? fit his current image very well imo. i found it funny.

that's probably why it was so excruciating, his current image is fucking awful. it didn't even come across as satirical, it was literally how i imagine he would act in that situation.

i also loved the way they were saying "MARILYN MANSON", like no one would have realised who that fat old slob was anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    so...listening to 'the trilogy' after about 10 years...this new album worth picking up?

(and fucking a, manson bucks!)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Try before you buy. There are some good songs for a manson album these days, but as an album as a whole its meh.

I'd take the best of the past three albums and make one definitive album. I'd call it " almost there"