Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Rage Against The Machine

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    I saw in various photos online that they have a big screen behind them throughout the whole show, showing even video of the band. They've never done this, their stage setup used to be a lot simpler. How did this impact the show, @RJK? I would imagine they are using the screen the same way Massive Attack did, to display political messages, making the show more powerful? Also, saw in a photo that Tom Morello used a double neck guitar, I believe that's a first for him in Rage? Did he use the double neck guitar well?

Good to read your comment "it seems like they've been touring for years", glad to hear they are still in top shape.

It'd be great if they could release an album before next year's tour (I'm seeing them in March). Doubt it'll happen, but one can only hope.
    I know at the venue in Wisconsin the video screen worked well because the lawn section goes on forever. They also showed videos in between breaks every 3 or 4 songs.

As for the double neck guitar, Tom has played it on one song for the entire time they've been playing it. Wisconsin was the first time they played it since 2000 so that's why the last few reunions haven't seen the guitar appear.

Zack hurt his leg last night in Chicago, I hope he he's okay but it doesn't look good.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Man the universe really doesn't want this tour to happen for some reason. Good on Zach for not canceling or postponing any more shows. I believe he did the entire Night 2 set from last night still sitting on a monitor in the middle of the stage.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    shinepigeon strikes again! Perfect view for those wondering about the screen. Run The Jewels set is also on their channel:

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    does anyone know what Zach actually did to his leg? No article I can find actually has any info about the injury, how long he'll have to sit during these shows, etc.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I was thinking and...there can't at this point in time be this many people who are still doing the "omg they're so political" without being a troll. it doesn't make sense.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I was thinking and...there can't at this point in time be this many people who are still doing the "omg they're so political" without being a troll. it doesn't make sense.
    There can if they never actually listened to the lyrics and never figured out who "The Machine" in Rage Against The Machine was.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Yeah, it's almost shocking how many people who supposedly consider RATM to be their favorite band (or one of their favorites) seem to have never listened to any of the lyrics until the last year or two. How do you love a band and not listen to what they've been saying for 30 years?? Still, every comments section I see has dozens of idiots making the same idiotic joke about how "now they're Rage FOR the Machine."

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    All the idiots ever hear is "FUCK YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME" and that's that.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tbh seeing rage with Zach sitting down seems kind of priceless

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Just listened to first show of the tour. It was pretty good but I'm skipping the show. I'm too old & beat up for that, haha. I saw them way early on in what used to be a roller disco (torn down now) opening for House of Pain. That show was fucking wild. The bodies were flying! Same venue (it didn't last long) I saw Sugar (Bob Mould). Bob blew up the PA during Beaster & was screaming the vocals through the stage monitors. That was a mighty show, too.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Tbh seeing rage with Zach sitting down seems kind of priceless
    TBH, that makes me feel a little better about the Minneapolis show being pushed back to March, 2023. When I see Rage for the first time, I want him (and the crowd) to be jumping around and going crazy, not sitting on a stool. I don't mean to be insensitive about it either, I hope he heals up ASAP.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Yeah I'm more inclined to novelty than most. When I saw Rage at what, at the time seemed would be their only reunion show, at Rock the Bells in '07 I entered a severe migraine after just three songs. My girlfriend had to drag me out of the venue by my arm. Not inclined to that kind of novelty

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    TBH, that makes me feel a little better about the Minneapolis show being pushed back to March, 2023. When I see Rage for the first time, I want him (and the crowd) to be jumping around and going crazy, not sitting on a stool. I don't mean to be insensitive about it either, I hope he heals up ASAP.
    Living in Alaska, making a concert wasn't really possible. I was going to graduate HS in 2001 and moving to Texas, I was sure I'd finally get a chance to see them then Fall of 2000 they break up. Gutted. It's been 14 years and I still (just got) goosebumps about when the official announcement went out.

Nothing compares to hearing that air raid siren go off and ZDLR drops the best line in music "We are Rage Against the Machine from Los Angeles California". It lived up to every single preconception I had from watching the RATM VHS of UK and German festival performances. Sitting or not, it'll be amazing. Enjoy.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    It happened! RTJ was a guest during RATM set last night in Toronto, they did Close your Eyes (and count to fuck)!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    It happened! RTJ was a guest during RATM set last night in Toronto, they did Close your Eyes (and count to fuck)!
    Another reason I'm feeling more okay with waiting until March for my show – I would love it if they make this a thing and keep doing it! It just makes too much sense not to. To keep it fresh, they could switch it up between JU$T, Close Your Eyes (and Count to Fuck), and A Report to the Shareholders/Kill Your Masters. I'd love to see them do all three together!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Um... DIGGING FOR WINDOWS guys??

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Guy Fieri can't stop going to RATM concerts
    https://consequence.net/2022/08/guy-...-machine-tour/

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Sitting sidestage Monday....and GA Tuesday. Haven't looked at any setlists or anything. 15 years since I've seen them. I hope Sonny Hate5Six is filming the NYC shows. I do know what they end with though and I am excited to beat the crowds out early as such.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    @ninlive , dude this is awesome! any chance i could get download?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Sitting sidestage Monday....and GA Tuesday. Haven't looked at any setlists or anything. 15 years since I've seen them. I hope Sonny Hate5Six is filming the NYC shows. I do know what they end with though and I am excited to beat the crowds out early as such.
    He confirmed today on Insta that he IS indeed giving the NY shows the Hate5Six treatment. Just so unbelievably stoked for that guy. Dude is literally living his dream right now.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    @ninlive , dude this is awesome! any chance i could get download?
    Sure! Send me an email and I’ll give you the audio and video! I was really happy how that turned out. The Oade mod audio recorder is a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Dude is literally living his dream right now.
    I met him in Raleigh, super nice guy. I am insanely jealous he gets to film his favorite band with no reservation. I hope one day that can happen with me and NIN

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    They just pulled the whole European tour on medical grounds due to Zack’s fall. I really feel for the EU/UK fans who’ve waited for them, especially after the COVID delays. Hopefully next year he’s well enough and they can return.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

I went to the first two MSG shows. First night was the standard set list they've played most shows, and the 2nd night they swapped out Down Rodeo for Vietnow, and Wake Up for Tire Me. Both nights they were ON. As has been said, Zach bopping out of his seated area a few times & looking like he might fall over haha. Voice is still strong, great energy. He took a few screams off, and some screams were enhanced by the sound engineer, but whatever. Band is obviously still tight as hell, especially Brad & Tim. Tom doesn't talk at all, which works for me as he just comes off as a such a dork nowadays to me. Still killer on guitar of course. Crowd was hype, and the energy slowly rose through the show both nights, as they seemed to start off slow and then build.

RtJ were great both nights too. Brought our Greg Nice for Ooh La La night one, and a saxophonist the second night. They are old pro's up there at this point, and their interplay is pretty effortless. Always nice to see that Beasties Boys style of verses going back and forth, etc. No Zach either night, but I imagine that will happened before this MSG run is over.

edit: if anyone is going to these MSG shows and has GA, i was able to get all the way up to the rail stage left right after RtJ ended. It wasn't crowded or filled in on the sides at all either night. I was on the rail the whole show, and didn't even have anyone real close standing behind me the whole time. Crazy. Probably shows how old we're all getting fanbase wise, although I did see plenty of younger people there. The pit was a bit crazier and everyone was packed in tight as you got closer to the center.
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 08-11-2022 at 03:45 PM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Attention Trent: replacement headlining festival slots available!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Attention Trent: replacement headlining festival slots available!
    He's gonna be in tour prep and on tour during all of those dates.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    They did "Without A Face" & "Close Your Eyes..." (along with RtJ) last night. I would love for all these Evil Empire album cuts to permanently replace a bunch of the radio singles they play every night (looking at you "Guerilla Radio" & "Sleep Now In The Fire"), but I get it.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

A post shared by on

Zach to the IL with a torn achilles tendon. Not sure if this was known...was news to me.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Zach to the IL with a torn achilles tendon. Not sure if this was known...was news to me.
    Yeah, it happened the second night of the tour. It's why he's been performing sitting down ever since.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Yeah, it happened the second night of the tour. It's why he's been performing sitting down ever since.
    Yes, I'm aware of that...the specific injury was news to me.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Caught the final show last night of the MSG residency. I saw them in 97 and twice in 99. They still bring so much emotion and energy to their shows. So happy I went!