Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: The Rolling Stones

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    ^ Classy doc. I really liked it! A must for Ronnie fans.

Damn, I miss seeing these guys:

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Finally had a chance to listen to that "Voodoo Lounge" half speed mastered vinyl release. Fucking stellar. It doesn't have "Mean Disposition" on it but it's a small sacrifice in my books.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Rescheduled dates are finally out.

SEPTEMBER 2021
    26 – The Dome – ST. LOUIS, MO
    30 – Bank of America Stadium – CHARLOTTE, NC

OCTOBER 2021
    04 – Heinz Field – PITTSBURGH, PA
    09 – Nissan Stadium – NASHVILLE, TN
    13 – New Orleans Jazz Fest – NEW ORLEANS, LA – NEW
    17 – SoFi Stadium – LOS ANGELES, CA – NEW
    24 – U.S. Bank Stadium – MINNEAPOLIS, MN
    29 – Raymond James Stadium – TAMPA, FL

NOVEMBER 2021
    02 – Cotton Bowl – DALLAS, TX
    06 – Allegiant Stadium – LAS VEGAS, NV – NEW
    11 – Mercedes-Benz Stadium ATLANTA, GA
    15 – Ford Field DETROIT, MI
    20 – Circuit of the Americas AUSTIN, TX

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Stoked that they're coming back, bummed that Buffalo isn't happening anymore. Mayyyybe I can try and swing Detroit or Vegas, though... just have to wait and see what happens with the border, first.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Jazzfest is now cancelled.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Super worried about Charlie having to miss what sounds like the whole tour. Hope he recovers soon... my friend and I recorded a new podcast about the news.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Newly mixed outtake from 1974 (with a little Ron Wood & Mick Jagger circa 2021):

I think it's awesome! Roll on October 22 for Tattoo You 40th Anniversary.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Nooo! Fuckssakes.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Man, I may never get to see them now...going to be tough for them to continue on. RIP

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Fuckin' bummer

Glad i got to see them live back in 2016, they seemed unstoppable but time catches up with everyone...

I still hope they continue and at least record one last album and maybe a farewell tour.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Shattered. Shattered.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    thats a def bummer. I cant imagine them continuing on. but ZZ Top is still going, so anything is possible...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit played Moonlight Mile and Can't You Hear Me Knockin' last night. It was fantastic.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    i have a pretty big blind spot post Some Girls, anyone have some suggestions to fill out my Stones Faves playlist from the later eras?

Emotional Rescue Emotional Rescue
    She's So Cold Emotional Rescue
    Start Me Up Tattoo You
    Waiting On a Friend Tattoo You
    Mixed Emotions Steel Wheels
    Rock and a Hard Place Steel Wheels
    Anybody Seen My Baby? Bridges to Babylon
    Saint of Me Bridges to Babylon
    Hate to See You Go Blue & Lonesome

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    "She was Hot" and "Wanna Hold You" from Undercover; "One Hit (To the Body)" and "Had It with You" from Dirty Work; "Baby Break it Down" and "Sweethearts Together" from Voodoo Lounge; "Back of My Hand" and "Laugh, I Nearly Died" from A Bigger Bang. Good list otherwise!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    "Back of My Hand"
    hoooo boyyy... that's a jam. i was thinking "Keith and Ron trading licks, Mick on harp, my kinda thing." then i looked it up and it seems Ronnie's not on this track and Mick plays some of the slide?! crazy.

Some other good suggestions too, thanks. i may need to take a full run through A Bigger Bang, don't think i had heard anything from that one.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by talkingnothing View Post
    i have a pretty big blind spot post Some Girls, anyone have some suggestions to fill out my Stones Faves playlist from the later eras?

Emotional Rescue Emotional Rescue
    She's So Cold Emotional Rescue
    Start Me Up Tattoo You
    Waiting On a Friend Tattoo You
    Mixed Emotions Steel Wheels
    Rock and a Hard Place Steel Wheels
    Anybody Seen My Baby? Bridges to Babylon
    Saint of Me Bridges to Babylon
    Hate to See You Go Blue & Lonesome
    I would add "Out of Tears" and "Blinded by Rainbows" from Voodoo Lounge, seem to fit with your playlist...

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Hell, pretty much all of Voodoo and Bridges are worth exploring.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Rolling Stones Tour Manager Mick Brigden Dies After Accident at Home While Digging Grave for Dog

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Just to be clear, Brigden had nothing to do with this Rolling Stones tour. He was a member of the Bill Graham organization in the late 70s and early 80s, and they worked with him then.
    Last edited by botley; 09-11-2021 at 11:57 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Went to the US Bank Stadium show on Sunday, I thought my first show since Slayer in late '19 was going to be some local band or a band that I like a couple songs, not the biggest rock band in history. This was my first time with the Stones and they did not disappoint, with Mick running around stage for 2 hours with the energy of a man half his age and getting the crowd worked up. The entire band sounded tight and on point.

I had rear General Admission floor and was actually close enough to be able to watch the band, pretty rad.

I taped the show and it sounds awesome for the venue, I was in line with the PAs next the stage but in front of the two speaker towers they had set up. I know this venue is designed to amplify crowd noise, but I didn't have any of that. I still need to edit my tape, but If you want a copy, shoot me a PM and I'll send you a link once I have it up.

Anyone else catch any of these stadium shows?

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    I am going to Atlanta in a few weeks time. First show in a long time. Cannot wait!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Went to the US Bank Stadium show on Sunday, I thought my first show since Slayer in late '19 was going to be some local band or a band that I like a couple songs, not the biggest rock band in history. This was my first time with the Stones and they did not disappoint, with Mick running around stage for 2 hours with the energy of a man half his age and getting the crowd worked up. The entire band sounded tight and on point.

I had rear General Admission floor and was actually close enough to be able to watch the band, pretty rad.

I taped the show and it sounds awesome for the venue, I was in line with the PAs next the stage but in front of the two speaker towers they had set up. I know this venue is designed to amplify crowd noise, but I didn't have any of that. I still need to edit my tape, but If you want a copy, shoot me a PM and I'll send you a link once I have it up.

I was at the Nashville show with the same ticket you had (I think). We were to the right of the leftmost back speaker and it sounded fantastic. We had a great time!

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Jealous of everyone seeing the tour. Unfortunately I can't make it this time, just too risky to travel internationally at this point even with the land border open again. Sucks, but I am happy that they're playing so well even without Charlie behind the kit.

Newest podcast has a long nerdy digression about Dolby Atmos, but also lots of fond Charlie talk.
    Last edited by botley; 10-26-2021 at 03:05 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    I was at the Nashville show with the same ticket you had (I think). We were to the right of the leftmost back speaker and it sounded fantastic. We had a great time!
    Yeah if that was the last show I ever see, at least I worked my way up. Awesome show.

Speaking of which I finally got my tape tracked, send a pm if you want a copy. I gave it to a friend of a guy I work with that was at the show, so far and that's it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Anyone watch the epix doc series, My Life as a Rolling Stone? I watched the first 3 parts last night. Will watch last ep today. Just an hour for each member doesn't quite give enough time to deeply explore 50 or 60 years in the band but some cool material for sure. I was surprised how many of the promo clips/music videos were partly included that I had never seen. Anyone know if there is a good Blu-ray/dvd collection of their vids? Maybe hard to compile because of the abcko control over the early material. Also some really great footage of some earlier live material makes me want to see some full performances from the era all cleaned up and restored. Always seems odd to me when they have footage like that and it looks so good in a doc like this but there isn't a Blu-ray collection of just straight performances.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I hadn’t heard of it (I live under a rock yes) but I’m gonna search it out! Thanks!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)