Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: The Rolling Stones

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Same. However this article does indicate that prices for the Ohio show range from $49.50 to $450 USD, so if there are decent seats for say $150 each, I'm still down. Wanted to take my father-in-law as he's never seen them, but wasn't going to even consider shelling out a grand for one concert lol. I got mouths to feed.
    Paid like $218-$222 + fees for stepdad's ticket last year at Soldier Field. I'm not sure about $150 in Ohio, but $180 a piece sounds about right for decent seats.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The Pittsburgh show is up for presale and apparently the queue to get tickets is a complete gong show (naturally). Ticket prices range from $61 to $675 (plus like $40ish fees, which is insane).

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Well I got Louisville tickets, back GA (I think it was AMEX presale). I paid $292 total.

Queue was stupid at first (about 4100), but it cleaned up in about 10 mins...probably after they saw the prices.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    You say 'tickets', so does that mean $292 for a pair?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    170ish and I got rear general admission at the US Bank Stadium in Minneapolis!!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    You say 'tickets', so does that mean $292 for a pair?
    Yes sorry, 292 for a pair.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Yes sorry, 292 for a pair.
    Even with the conversion rate, that's not too shabby, I may still have to pick up a pair though my father in law will want to be on the side and not standing for like 4 hours haha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Scored my tickets for St. Louis. First time seeing them. I'm pretty excited.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Guess I'll be going to Buffalo!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Presale seats weren't the best for Vancouver, I'll wait for general onsale. $500 for a side section seat? Hahahaha no.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Unless you NEED to see the band members right up close, the seats nearest the stage aren't actually all that good... the stage is high up enough that you won't see anyone playing at the back like Charlie Watts (who, for me, is so much fun to watch) except on the big video screens surrounding the stage. I like to be able to see the whole stage from further back.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Definitely. I also won't even consider spending the same amount on one evening that would take care of 1.5 months of my son's daycare lol.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    So, the official website says the tour has been postponed, obviously. Ticketmaster is saying the same. I was expecting an email saying as much, it s notification from Ticketmaster, but I never got anything. Can we just skip ahead to 2021? I think this year is a bust.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    New song to be released either today or tomorrow. Apparently.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Mick Jagger still sounds awesome at 76:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I don't think the tour will be rescheduled for next year. I think they're done.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_is_dead View Post
    I think they're done, too. Maybe a big grand finale show in Hyde Park if a vaccine is found. I've seen them well over 20 times since 1978. I got lucky last summer & saw a fantastic show in Seattle. Whatever the reason, they pushed back the clock that night. I'm good with going out on that one. I think there are several bands that won't be back, at least in concert. For instance, I've got a bad feeling about the Cure.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    I think they're done, too. Maybe a big grand finale show in Hyde Park if a vaccine is found. I've seen them well over 20 times since 1978. I got lucky last summer & saw a fantastic show in Seattle. Whatever the reason, they pushed back the clock that night. I'm good with going out on that one. I think there are several bands that won't be back, at least in concert. For instance, I've got a bad feeling about the Cure.
    After seeing them in back to back years 2018-2019, the difference in the band on stage was quite big IMO. Keith was a lot less mobile on stage last year. He was weaker on guitar too. The solos in Sympathy really highlighted that. He aged a lot in one year. I don't know what 2020 would have been like and if they go back on stage in 2021 after a year gap of no shows, I think it wouldn't be very good. I don't think Mick would let it get to the stage where it's embarrassing for them and the audience so it would be better (in my opinion) to just end it at this natural stop.

Everything 2012 onwards was a bonus. They toured the world in that time. Europe and North America multiple times, Asia, Australia, South America.

I'm glad I saw them the 3 times that I did. An iconic band.
    Last edited by paul_is_dead; 06-16-2020 at 10:45 PM. Reason: More words needed :P

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    ^ I dunno, the last show I saw in 2019 had about the best-sounding "Sympathy" I've ever seen. Keith stuck the landing on his solo in "Honky Tonk", too, which is rare:

Sincerely hope they spend the rest of this year recording a couple more songs to finish off the new album and PLAY some of it out next year. No way they're done!
    Last edited by botley; 06-16-2020 at 10:56 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_is_dead View Post
    IDK. Why would things be THAT different a year from now?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    For instance, I've got a bad feeling about the Cure.
    What makes you say that?

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    What makes you say that?
    The whole drama with the alleged new record & kind of turning into a legacy band. I think that Robert is stuck in the 80s & 90s as far as music business acumen goes. Refuses to change. He wants to do the old model with record labels & that doesn't exist anymore. Also, they did a great tour in 2016. Since then it's been the greatest hits/festival thing. It's been a real long time since he put anything new out. All the energy is going into reissues & crap like picture discs & calendars. I'm pretty involved in the Cure forum & I'm not the only one who feels this way. I hope he proves me wrong. I say he because I don't think anyone else in the band has any say at all.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    2020 deluxe reissue of Goats Head Soup is a go for September 4th. Whole album has been remixed, and will be packaged with several demos/alternates and three previously unreleased outtakes including the fabulous "Criss Cross":

The Super Deluxe vinyl and CD+Blu-ray versions also come with the 2011 Bob Clearmountain version of "Brussels Affair" from the '73 European tour. Blu-ray contains the whole album remixed for multichannel Dolby Atmos and 5.1!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    ^ OMG Jimmy's face.

We've decided to re-activate Under the Radar: A Rolling Stones Podcast tomorrow on Facebook Live to record our first reactions.

Join us here: https://www.facebook.com/rollingstonespodcast

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    New unreleased live 1989 Atlantic City concert dropping Sept 25.

Preorders up.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    September is gonna be expensive! Goats Wheels Steel Soup.