Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rolling Stones

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    There's a strong rumour they are also coming to Latin America next year, it makes sense since they have huge fanbases there, i already saw them 2 years ago, but if the price is right i might do it again!

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    I got excellent tickets for Seattle for $100 EA. ADA section, front of the upper deck. About perfect for a spectacle. These were exactly the seats I was hoping to get. I'm excited!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    I got excellent tickets for Seattle for $100 EA. ADA section, front of the upper deck. About perfect for a spectacle. These were exactly the seats I was hoping to get. I'm excited!
    Shit, I thought they were going onsale tomorrow? Looking to goto Chicago.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Got my tickets for Chicago!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Got my tickets for Boston (Foxboro)!

Presales passwords I have:
    Midnight
    Cloud
    Filter

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I'll be in Chicago for night one!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    This is much needed after getting DECIMATED by Aragon Night 2.

Seriously its going to be tough for any concert to even come close to seeing your favorite band play deep cuts and HAPPINES IN SLAVERY my favorite goddamn song(!!!!!!!!)in a venue that only holds 3000 people.

The Stones are in a league of their own tho

My friends and I are going to make a vacation around this and stay in Chicago a few days.
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 11-29-2018 at 11:05 PM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    This is much needed after getting DECIMATED by Aragon Night 2.

Seriously its going to be tough for any concert to even come close to seeing your favorite band play deep cuts and HAPPINES IN SLAVERY my favorite goddamn song(!!!!!!!!)in a venue that only holds 3000 people.

The Stones are in a league of their own tho

My friends and I are going to make a vacation around this and stay in Chicago a few days.
    Nice! We're talking about heading up to Chess Records to pay homage.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Chicago setlist...first night of this summer's tour. Hope you weren't expecting any rarities:

Street Fighting Man
    Let’s Spend the Night Together
    Tumbling Dice
    Sad Sad Sad
    You Got Me Rocking (by "request")
    You Can’t Always Get What You Want
    Angie
    Dead Flowers
    Sympathy for the Devil
    Honky Tonk Women
    You Got the Silver
    Before They Make Me Run
    Miss You
    Paint It Black
    Midnight Rambler
    Start Me Up
    Jumpin’ Jack Flash
    Brown Sugar

Encore:
    Gimme Shelter
    Satisfaction

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Chicago setlist...first night of this summer's tour. Hope you weren't expecting any rarities:
    My stepfather had a great time; this was his Christmas present from the kids.

Did you happen to record it, @SM Rollinger ?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    My stepfather had a great time; this was his Christmas present from the kids.

Did you happen to record it, @SM Rollinger ?
    Not this one, ended up not being able to go due to work

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    It was amazing. Best gig I've seen them play, and I've been going to Stones shows for more than fifteen years. The acoustic mini-set from Voodoo Lounge is back! "Sad Sad Sad" for the first time since 2002! Even dear old "Jumpin' Jack Flash" hasn't sounded that tight since 1973. Sell a kidney!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Best friend is going to the show in Ontario on Saturday night and I'm jealous to the point of absurdity.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    I've listened to a tape. They sounded real good on Saturday. Especially if you consider it was first date of the tour. I'm going to the Seattle show. You have to think this will be the last opportunity to see them. I did well on the tickets. Front of the upper deck about even with the mini stage. & i only go dinged for $200 for the pair. i've seen them over 20 times since 1978, good & not so much. Mick sounds great on the tape & Ronnie is playing better than ever. Keith shaking the rust off but he gets a lot of slack from me.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I thought Keith's solos sounded particularly good. He really can still bang out those Chuck Berry extravaganzas when the opportunity arises! Mick of course is exactly the same, as if he really does sleep in a time machine... Charlie, honest to God, that man is unflappable even when the wheels wobble and threaten to derail everything. This is the best you're going to get. No gimmicks, straight to the point. #NoFilter
    Last edited by botley; 06-24-2019 at 07:25 PM.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    First "Monkey Man" performance since August 8, 2007 (Oslo, Norway); first US performance since October 11, 2006 (also Soldier Field, Chicago, IL).

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Since it's the end of the year, I'm going to be posting highlights from these past months on the podcast I produce (on a sporadic basis, it must be said) about the band. Oh, you're not subscribed yet? It's on Apple, and on Spotify. Or you could just catch the RSS feed here with whatever podcast catching app you use.

It's called Under the Radar: A Rolling Stones Podcast about deep cuts, and hot cookies. Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm Tim, one of the co-hosts. We opened the year talking about the new deluxe version of Keith's excellent first solo album, Talk Is Cheap and (sigh) yet another greatest hits anthology instead of a new Stones studio album proper reaching the record shops and merch tables on this year's tour. Then we looked back at the Voodoo Lounge Live in Miami 1994 concert which was remastered for home video and for the first time as an Uncut vault live album release.

Our seventeenth episode was on the band's 2019 offerings for Record Store Day, as well as a closer look at some of the more dubious reissues from the ancient ABKCO Records imprint that still, somehow, even in this age of the band being signed with pan-national music conglomerate giants, milks the Stones' old pre-1970 recordings mercilessly and even takes a pound of flesh from recordings the Stones themselves ought to own outright from their early-70s period as well.

We looked at another newly dusted-off live album from the 1990s, Bridges to Bremen, from the same tour that was last officially documented on the No Security album in 1999. We also reviewed our experience seeing the band in Canada this year at Oro-Medonte for the No Filter 2019 tour. No, no? Yes, yes! Our nineteenth episode was about single A-sides and B-sides that came between the albums Exile on Main St. and Some Girls.

Our twentieth episode reviewed and reflected on the Stones' so-far-only 21st century original studio album of Jagger/Richards compositions, A Bigger Bang and its impact and cultural meaning from the viewpoint of over a decade after the end of that album's cycle ground to a halt in 2008. Finally, earlier this month we conducted an interview with author Christopher McKittrick, whose book Can't Give It Away on Seventh Avenue: The Rolling Stones and New York City got a glowing review from us.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    #NoFilter continues...

www.rollingstones.com/tour

Deluxe version of Goats Head Soup incoming as well. Our newest podcast episode is all about Emotional Rescue!
    Last edited by botley; 02-06-2020 at 10:00 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    #NoFilter continues...

www.rollingstones.com/tour

Deluxe version of Goats Head Soup incoming as well. Our newest podcast episode is all about Emotional Rescue!
    Sweet, Minneapolis and it's on the weekend I have off from work. If tickets aren't too bad I might have to go since last year in Chicago didn't quite work out.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I may have to goto Louisville to see them, I've always wanted to and the reviews are always stellar.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Did anyone get the presale code? I enrolled both my email addresses and I got nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Did anyone get the presale code? I enrolled both my email addresses and I got nothing.
    I have not received mine either. Hopefully it will show up soon.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Santos L Halper View Post
    I have not received mine either. Hopefully it will show up soon.
    From what I've read online it's RAINBOW can anyone confirm that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    From what I've read online it's RAINBOW can anyone confirm that?

I've also been seeing that online. It looks like that might be the code but I have no real way of confirming.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Code confirmed, I just now got the email. Unlike the LIFAD presale....

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Any word from any of the dates on pricing? I can't find anything anywhere.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Any word from any of the dates on pricing? I can't find anything anywhere.
    I'm scared to find out.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    I'm scared to find out.
    Same. However this article does indicate that prices for the Ohio show range from $49.50 to $450 USD, so if there are decent seats for say $150 each, I'm still down. Wanted to take my father-in-law as he's never seen them, but wasn't going to even consider shelling out a grand for one concert lol. I got mouths to feed.