Page 89 of 94 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,670 of 2809

Thread: The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Getting excited for game today. MLB sure is being wacky with the scheduling though. The Yankees have the late slot whilst the Mariners game is in the early slot. Game time today & Thursday is 12:30 Seattle time. Tough for people who work or are in school. They haven't announced times for the weekend games yet. There's talk around that if the Ms go to game 4 on Sunday the Seahawks are going to move to 10:00 AM Seattle time so as not to conflict with the baseball game if MLB schedules that for early. They have to decide soon as there are logistics involved. Also, the NFL, Arizona Cardinals & FOX would need to agree to change the start time. The simplest solution would be MLB scheduling the baseball game for Sunday evening. Should be an interesting few days. In the meantime we've got Logan "Walter" Gilbert all fired up to go against his hero Justin Verlander today. Gilbert has looked good against the Asstros this year. My prediction: Gilbert mows them down while on the offensive side Julio Rodriguez finally goes off. He had a decent wild card series but nothing spectacular. It's coming.....

Last edited by chuckrh; 10-11-2022 at 07:35 AM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Damn the Asstros!

I feel your pain @chuckrh . As a NY fan I've experienced this before, in a game 7 no less. The good news is your Ms get a few more cracks at it. Good luck!

You think that pitch got tipped? haha

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burnmotherfucker! View Post
    Damn the Asstros!

I feel your pain @chuckrh. As a NY fan I've experienced this before, in a game 7 no less. The good news is your Ms get a few more cracks at it. Good luck!

You think that pitch got tipped? haha
    That was bad yesterday. There's something wrong with Robbie Ray & he definitely shouldn't start on Saturday. Ray was decent early in the season but has been on a decline. & Paul Sewald (bullpen) has lost something, too. Thursday, we're ok with Luis Castillo pitching. Saturday, the Ms need to start rookie George Kirby. He's been outstanding all year. We've still got a chance but the Asstros are damn good.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    If the Ms can win tomorrow, we're in good shape. We hit well yesterday. We weren't going to sweep Houston, they're much better than Toronto. The Ms need to make Munoz the closer & make Swanson the setup guy. He's pitched well all year. The chaos theory of bullpen management isn't sustainable. Don't pitch Ray against the Cheaters anymore. If we can get by them, then maybe think about pitching him. It's not hopeless yet. Saturday is going to be crazy at the ballpark. & no, I'm not going to put a shoe on my head haha.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    If the Ms can win tomorrow, we're in good shape. We hit well yesterday. We weren't going to sweep Houston, they're much better than Toronto. The Ms need to make Munoz the closer & make Swanson the setup guy. He's pitched well all year. The chaos theory of bullpen management isn't sustainable. Don't pitch Ray against the Cheaters anymore. If we can get by them, then maybe think about pitching him. It's not hopeless yet. Saturday is going to be crazy at the ballpark. & no, I'm not going to put a shoe on my head haha.
    Man, that game was RIGHT THERE for the Ms to take though! Those hurt the most when you had basically already won the game and then the rug get pulled.

But at the end of the day you lost the Verlander game. You can still come back in the series but now you can't make anymore mistakes if you're the Ms.

In other news, one down for NY. Cole got into a jam and then got right out of it and I hope that'll be good for his confidence going forward. Nasty Nestor up next I think, gotta find a way to get 2 more wins. Fingers crossed.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Things are officially out of control here now:

https://wsdot.wa.gov/about/news/2022...d-name-changes

GO Ms!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Fuck the Astros, and the whole Astro Dome!

Seattle/Twin Peaks is gonna pull out the win.

And I don't trust canadians...ESPECIALLY @thelastdisciple
    Last edited by elevenism; 10-13-2022 at 07:43 PM.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Fuck the Astros, and the whole Astro Dome!

Seattle/Twin Peaks is gonna pull out the win.

And I don't trust canadians...ESPECIALLY @thelastdisciple
    Could be a different story tomorrow. I certainly hope so as I'm hurtin' & it's going to be a challenge for me going to the game. GO Ms!

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Another reason to hate the Cheatin' Asstros. GO Ms!

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Another reason to hate the Cheatin' Asstros. GO Ms!
    Oh, FUCK me.
    @botley ? @marodi ? Can you PLEASE come.get him? It's past his bedtime.

It IS kind of CUTE, though: little Teddy Weddy thinks he has something to do with Houston, one of the staunchest Democratic strongholds him Texas.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Poole and Wiggins extended. Yes!!!!! My warriors aren’t going away anytime soon.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    I'm crushed today. After an 18 INNING game my Ms lost 1-0. It was brutal. First of all, Seattle is still like Blade Runner LA. The air was classified as unhealthy for everyone yesterday (& today). The same fire that has been burning for a month. Also, it was 80 F yesterday. Unheard of mid-October. I finally had to leave after 16 innings as I was having burning back spasms. It was either leave then or crawl back to the car. I'm not feeling so hot this morning or moving well. It was a crazy day. Now that the Ms have had a taste hopefully they come back better next year. There's still a few pieces missing from the puzzle. Incidentally, the team raised all the concession prices for the playoffs. A $7 lemonade turned into an $8 lemonade. & you couldn't get anything after the 7th inning. They also sold at least 3000 standing room only tickets. You could barely walk around the concourse & the lines for everything were out of control. Enough of my bitching, back to reality such as it is. Find out this week what horror the doctor's have in store for me. The tech for the MRI I had just shook his head & said my back is bad. They're not supposed to do that but I pretty much knew I was in trouble.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Oh, FUCK me.
    @botley ? @marodi ? Can you PLEASE come.get him? It's past his bedtime.

It IS kind of CUTE, though: little Teddy Weddy thinks he has something to do with Houston, one of the staunchest Democratic strongholds him Texas.
    Sorry but nope; you're stuck with him. We have enough crazies to deal with already!

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    I'm crushed today. After an 18 INNING game my Ms lost 1-0. It was brutal. First of all, Seattle is still like Blade Runner LA. The air was classified as unhealthy for everyone yesterday (& today). The same fire that has been burning for a month. Also, it was 80 F yesterday. Unheard of mid-October. I finally had to leave after 16 innings as I was having burning back spasms. It was either leave then or crawl back to the car. I'm not feeling so hot this morning or moving well. It was a crazy day. Now that the Ms have had a taste hopefully they come back better next year. There's still a few pieces missing from the puzzle. Incidentally, the team raised all the concession prices for the playoffs. A $7 lemonade turned into an $8 lemonade. & you couldn't get anything after the 7th inning. They also sold at least 3000 standing room only tickets. You could barely walk around the concourse & the lines for everything were out of control. Enough of my bitching, back to reality such as it is. Find out this week what horror the doctor's have in store for me. The tech for the MRI I had just shook his head & said my back is bad. They're not supposed to do that but I pretty much knew I was in trouble.
    I watched that game live on TV and we thought it must be foggy or misty there or something, I guess it was the terrible air quality. That was such a tough game to lose. The M's bats just never showed up. At least your pitchers battled.

Meanwhile the Yanks barely squeaked by the "guardians" and ended up ruining their starting rotation for the ALCS. Oh well, nobody said it was easy. Now they're taking on Verlander with their 4th best pitcher. I don't like the odds in the series but fuck it, just find a way to win 4!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Pretty excited to see the 49ers trade for McCaffrey!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Ladies and gentlemen … the quadruple motherfucking axel:

Last edited by allegro; 10-23-2022 at 05:45 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

hopefully they end up with a better set of owners.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Of all the ways to find out that Houston won the World Series, I think this is the best one.

(I seriously didn't know, I thought there were at least five games left.)

edit:

why not add a few more:

Last edited by allegate; 11-07-2022 at 05:12 PM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Cheatin Asstros and Lyin' Ted!

A match made in heaven.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    I've been hesitant to post about this so I don't jinx them but how about those Seattle Seahawks? Right now they're the #3 seed in the NFC @ 6-3. Nobody (outside Pete Carroll maybe) expected this. After they traded Russell (Princess) Wilson & named Geno Smith starter I thought they would win 3, maybe 4 games this year. Turns out Pete had a plan. First, they aced the draft & have proved the pundits wrong on more than one pick. Then they picked up a few under the radar free agents that are producing big. & to top it off they'll have Denver's first 2 picks next draft. The only minor blot on the horizon is they're going to have to pay Geno Smith big money next year either by a new contract or franchise tag. Should be interesting if they land a top 5 pick. Anyway, it's cool being the underdog. With zero expectations, the season has been less traumatic. Management look like geniuses for saying goodbye to Wilson. They knew he was going to demand $50 million a year & they didn't think he was worth it. They are being proven right on that one. GO HAWKS~!

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Winner! I won the weekly pro football challenge on a local radio station. I got 11 of 13 correct & only missed the tiebreaker score by 4 points. I think I won $100 but they haven't contacted me yet. I'll take it, woo hoo! GO HAWKS~!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I've been hesitant to post about this so I don't jinx them but how about those Seattle Seahawks? Right now they're the #3 seed in the NFC @ 6-3. Nobody (outside Pete Carroll maybe) expected this. After they traded Russell (Princess) Wilson & named Geno Smith starter I thought they would win 3, maybe 4 games this year. Turns out Pete had a plan. First, they aced the draft & have proved the pundits wrong on more than one pick. Then they picked up a few under the radar free agents that are producing big. & to top it off they'll have Denver's first 2 picks next draft. The only minor blot on the horizon is they're going to have to pay Geno Smith big money next year either by a new contract or franchise tag. Should be interesting if they land a top 5 pick. Anyway, it's cool being the underdog. With zero expectations, the season has been less traumatic. Management look like geniuses for saying goodbye to Wilson. They knew he was going to demand $50 million a year & they didn't think he was worth it. They are being proven right on that one. GO HAWKS~!
    I've been following Geno since his college days and I'm so glad he's been able to finally play at the same level. I almost want to buy a jersey, even. The thing keeping me back is I'm not a fan of the fans of any of the local teams - Seahawks, Blazers, Ducks, Beavers - so I don't want them to think I'm one of them. Obviously not directed at anyone here because you're not in the Portland area.

My happiest time of year is the Civil War game where the Ducks and Beavers fans have this hate-on for the entire week and then the next week when they have to admit one of their teams is worse than the other. I don't get it as much now that I don't work in downtown Portland but it's still a fond memory. Especially that one year when they were both actually decent? such schadenfreude.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Oh yes, i'm so happy for my Hawks!

I didn't think they would "sink" because they still have Tyler Locket and D.K. Metcalf and i did heard that Geno Smith had a lot of promise, but i'm glad they are exceeding all expectations.
    Russell was great for the team, but let's be honest, he's was tired and unhappy and it showed on the last two seasons, but now i can see he's also way past his prime, the team did the right thing letting him go and i hope to see the Hawks on the playoffs!

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I've been following Geno since his college days and I'm so glad he's been able to finally play at the same level. I almost want to buy a jersey, even. The thing keeping me back is I'm not a fan of the fans of any of the local teams - Seahawks, Blazers, Ducks, Beavers - so I don't want them to think I'm one of them. Obviously not directed at anyone here because you're not in the Portland area.

My happiest time of year is the Civil War game where the Ducks and Beavers fans have this hate-on for the entire week and then the next week when they have to admit one of their teams is worse than the other. I don't get it as much now that I don't work in downtown Portland but it's still a fond memory. Especially that one year when they were both actually decent? such schadenfreude.
    Since the NBA took away my team, I'm a defacto Blazer fan. Mostly because I really like Dame Lilliard & Anfernee Simons. & we get them on tv up here & they have Kevin Callaboro doing the play by play. Fond memories. I used to be a full on Sonic season ticket holder. I wouldn't be able to afford to go now if we got a team back. The only sport I can kind of afford is baseball & they are gouging. Rumor has it that a 25% price increase coming next year now that they're winning. Seattle has become very elitist & I kind of want out but circumstances aren't allowing that right now.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    FIFA Shitfest Cup 2022 in Qatar is off to a good start, I see. (It's not even really started BTW. 3 days to go)

I can only imagine how many memes and other random stupidity it will produce.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    if that's how they are with the press imagine how many times this is going to happen when the civilians show up with tons of cell phones.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    FIFA Shitfest Cup 2022 in Qatar is off to a good start, I see. (It's not even really started BTW. 3 days to go)

I can only imagine how many memes and other random stupidity it will produce.
    The whole World Cup has been tainted by putting in Qatar. There are some really horrible stories out there about imported labor from places like Nepal & how they have been treated. It's essentially slavery. Money talks in FIFA world.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Packers loss last night means the Vikings have the potential to clinch the division before December. Crazy.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Of all the ways to find out that Houston won the World Series, I think this is the best one.

(I seriously didn't know, I thought there were at least five games left.)

edit:

why not add a few more:

That's fucking priceless.

Also, sorry, guys..
    I'm.not.even a baseball fan.

However, I'm required.to be proud of the Astros, per.the constitution of the state in which I live.