Page 94 of 94 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94
Results 2,791 to 2,810 of 2810

Thread: The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    https://www.si.com/fannation/bringme...r-adam-johnson

They arrested someone on "suspicion of manslaughter" in the Adam Johnson incident. Rumblings are they arrested the player who caused it. Pure insanity from all fronts.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post
    https://www.si.com/fannation/bringme...r-adam-johnson

They arrested someone on "suspicion of manslaughter" in the Adam Johnson incident. Rumblings are they arrested the player who caused it. Pure insanity from all fronts.
    Wow. I mean, I'm into True Crime...but YOU consider it a sport?

Don't holla at ME no more...I'll hit YOU up :/

Edit: ok, knee jerk joke aside...HOLY SHIT. Are there any whispers of the two cats having issues, perhaps?
    Last edited by elevenism; 11-15-2023 at 10:38 AM.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    How about those motherfucking Dirty Dirty Dallas Mavericks, in 2nd place at 8-2, behind the 8-2 Denver Jockics.

Luckily, I get to cheer for both, as my brother, sis in law, and 3 (soon to be 4)! kids have lived in Denver for several years, now, but, at the end of the day?

GO, MAVS!

DAMN, it's nice to see the boys holding strong. I DO miss the SHIT out of Finney-Smith and Dinwittee, but, damn. This team is looking good.

We've got not one, but TWO, all star back court cats in Luka and Kyrie, and we've also got some pretty good defense going.

Plus, we've got the "Fuck You, We're From Texas" halo.
    Fuck you, you're from Texass haha. Just wait for evil Kyrie to come out & Luka starts whining again. I'm just giving you a hard time.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Fuck you, you're from Texass haha. Just wait for evil Kyrie to come out & Luka starts whining again. I'm just giving you a hard time.
    Lol.

Dude "Fuck You, We're From Texas" is like, this old Texas slogan.

People REALLY, SERIOUSLY wear "Fuck you, I'm (we're) from Texas shirts and hats into other states...mostly young skater types, in my experience...

you know, people like me who ABHOR the fucked up (worsening) Republican supermajority state gvmt (accomplished by...what's the word? Oh yeah. CHEATING), in a fucking 49% left/51% right state, but still have this love for the land itself, and the cities.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Bucs vs. Lions...wow, 90s me is sitting here thinking how hilarious that sounds.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    And the Bills lose on a wide right missed field goal. Now where have I heard that before...

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I'm so sick of the "Taylor Chiefs", Ravens/Lions should be the Superbowl.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I'm so sick of the "Taylor Chiefs", Ravens/Lions should be the Superbowl.
    The NFL loves Taylor though. I read some pretty amazing numbers (can't remember where) about how the number of female fans is going up since Traylor started. & they are buying lots of merchandise.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Taylor Swift is en route to Vegas for the Super Bowl. Thank God for that!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Taylor Swift is en route to Vegas for the Super Bowl. Thank God for that!
    Now i will be able to sleep, thanks!

Can both teams lose?

Serious question...

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Good Super Bowl. I didn't have a rooting interest, just wanted a good game. Mahomes is mighty tough.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    The game was fun to watch. Close, even right to the last play.

I have to ask though, when do Kelce and Swift's mind control powers start working? I was told it would be after the superbowl and that it would make MAGA shut-up.

I'm still waiting, can it please start working now?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'm a lifelong 49ers fan. Tough to watch them lose, but, it was a good game. Crazy the 49ers were in it even after all of those miscues; you just can't give a guy like Mahomes that many chances because he'll find a way to win.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    First half was boring (because was mostly a defense game), but second half was great, as i said i'm no fan of either team, but i always appreciate a good game!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Mass shooting at the Chiefs rally today right as they wrapped up the Rally Ceremony. So far 1 dead, 9 injured (including 3 kids apparently). I live 3 blocks away from the Parade/Rally and the amount of sirens were like 9/11 levels. Shit is insane over here right now. My neighborhood is practically under lockdown.
    Last edited by richardp; 02-14-2024 at 03:18 PM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Terrible

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Updated to 22 victims, 9 of which are children (multiple in critical condition) spread across three local hospitals. THREE fucking shooters have been detained, and one was physically apprehended by Chiefs fans at the parade. Several firearms recovered (one might be an AR15). A few local news anchors and our Mayer were all present for the shooting and apparently had to run for their lives. A few other local anchors hid in stairwells and backrooms at Union Station with several of the Chiefs' and their families. My neighborhood got the all clear about an hour ago but there's still tons of sirens and helicopters in the area. It's all just super weird. This was KC's 4th huge Championship Parade/Rally in the last few years and this is first one where anything like this has happened.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Updated to 22 victims, 9 of which are children (multiple in critical condition) spread across three local hospitals. THREE fucking shooters have been detained, and one was physically apprehended by Chiefs fans at the parade. Several firearms recovered (one might be an AR15). A few local news anchors and our Mayer were all present for the shooting and apparently had to run for their lives. A few other local anchors hid in stairwells and backrooms at Union Station with several of the Chiefs' and their families. My neighborhood got the all clear about an hour ago but there's still tons of sirens and helicopters in the area. It's all just super weird. This was KC's 4th huge Championship Parade/Rally in the last few years and this is first one where anything like this has happened.
    stay safe

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Looks like the Arizona Coyotes are moving to Utah.