Page 39 of 94 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 2810

Thread: The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    I was down by 40 going into last night and ended up barely beating BFY. Justin Forsett ran his dick off last night.
    You lose this week biotch!

Pretty please.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    You lose this week biotch!

Pretty please.
    I read this as "You're this week's pretty bitch", which I agreed with.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    God, I know he's an asshole, but I would take Jim Harbaugh coaching the Cowboys in a goddamn heartbeat.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    So, I'm real nervous for this Nebraska game today. I think that if we lose this and/or our bowl game, that will be it for Bo. And that's a fucking shame. I really, really like him. He has to potential to lead a great program. He's just not quite there yet, and Nebraska fans are impatient and unrealistic. They're already calling for his head.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    So, I'm real nervous for this Nebraska game today. I think that if we lose this and/or our bowl game, that will be it for Bo. And that's a fucking shame. I really, really like him. He has to potential to lead a great program. He's just not quite there yet, and Nebraska fans are impatient and unrealistic. They're already calling for his head.
    This reminds me of something I saw on everydayshouldbesaturday.com (which is the best college football site), they said "Bo Pellini is a school bus driver because he's always coming around 9 and 4".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Big win last night by the Hawk in Santa Clara! Tough game against the Eagles in Philly next week then the 49ers again here at home. Should be a great battle for the playoff spots....

Not looking far ahead though because we have one tough schedule but I am glad the defense is starting to wake up!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...nebraska-fired

Legitimately pissed off about this.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...nebraska-fired

Legitimately pissed off about this.
    I get that Nebraska has pride for their program, but it isn't the mid 90's anymore. He got the most out of his recruits and plays is a very strong conference and did better than his predecessor. I don't like Nebraska, but Bo got a raw deal, it would be one thing if he were staring at a Brady Hoke level of mediocrity, but Bo is a very good coach who deserved better.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Nick Saban is the ONLY OTHER COACH with 9+ wins in the last 7 years. Let that shit sink in.

Awful. I just watched the press conference with the AD, and he is such a sack of shit. The players are all sending angry tweets and everything. This is no good. Who the FUCK is going to want the job at Nebraska?

I hope he gets another opportunity as a head coach somewhere and just absolutely thrives. He deserves it. Nothing but respect for him. And most of the commentary I'm reading from the fans is negative, as well. Sure, there are a few who are stuck in 1995(relatives of Bill?). But I'm seeing mostly support for Bo - which is surprising to me.
    Last edited by Sarah K; 11-30-2014 at 02:08 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    oh boy, my team opened up the flood gates and shit all over the place for this last week (sorry rothlesberger mojo)

feeling good going into the playoffs.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Well, if my team hadn't completely shit the bed for 6 straight losses after a 3-0 start, I might have made the playoffs this year. Good luck to everyone that made it.

Wings are 1 point out of first place in the East and it's after American Thanksgiving. Looks like people will have to keep waiting for the Wings' demise. Gus Nyquist is leading the league in power play goals, Datsyuk is putting up a point a game, and Dan DeKeyser is looking like he's becoming the best undrafted defenseman in a generation. Good things are happening...you know, except when the power goes out 30 seconds into a game.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I've really tried to get interested in some sports, if only so I can see what the big deal is.

So far, the only thing I've had fun watching was the world cup.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    i'd pick a single sport. choose something faster or slower paced and learn everything about it. then pick a team and get to know the personalities. basketball is always an easy sport to get into for that reason. easy rules, lots of action, small teams, big stars, big personalities.

beyond that - made it into the playoffs with both my fantasy teams. squeaked in with one and got in solid with the ets league.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I've really tried to get interested in some sports, if only so I can see what the big deal is.

Hockey hockey hockey.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post

i'm gonna go with basketball too.
    go to a lakers game!

also, play a sports video game.
    that's how i got into football.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    The NHL lost one of its great ambassador in Jean Béliveau today. Such a class act. A true gentlemen. May he rest in peace.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Looks like the road to the Super Bowl runs right through Titletown, baby!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    The Oregon State coach has been hired at Nebraska... This seems strange to me.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Yo, @Kid Charlemagne , you will dig this.

Since Bo got fired, he didn't have an opportunity to say goodbye to his players. He calls a bud that works at one of the local high schools. Since the school was going to be open Tuesday night for other stuff, Bo's friend agrees to let them use the auditorium so they can all get their closure. Wednesday, it is announced that the staff member will be fined. I set up a GoFundMe, and get the cost covered in two hours. I keep it going, and it keeps gaining steam. The news back in Nebraska interviewed me and shit. I say that any excess will be donated to Team Jack.

Look at the last donation:

$6
    Melvin Gordon
    1 hour ago

624 yards. I couldn't add an extra $0.24. My thanks for brief record this year and '12 Championship game. Will miss you Bo!
    I checked the email address, and it appears to be one that would belong to him. It isn't a school address or anything, so it could totally be fake. But if someone did it as a joke, they went through the extra step to make it believable. I want to believe that it is real, because that shit is HILARIOUS. I tweeted him, but I doubt that he will respond.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    sooo, stinkydumper ftw with ets baby. im betting on me. memememememe

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeDrug View Post
    sooo, stinkydumper ftw with ets baby. im betting on me. memememememe
    $473(28@?!fhwt?€£]%]

Yeah yeah mad props to you. My team took a dump.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    looks like jennings fucked me we'll see what happens.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    So, Sin Eater beat me last week to barely sneak into the playoffs, and then went on his vile tirade getting him banned, deservedly so, from the league. Then I had to face him in the 1st round and absolutely dismantled his team. Revenge feels good. Likely going up against whoever is Cracka' Ass Crackers next week

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    ooo, backstory. muy caliente

looks i may be shitting the bed here. good luck tonight ladies and edelman

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Yo, @Kid Charlemagne, you will dig this.

Since Bo got fired, he didn't have an opportunity to say goodbye to his players. He calls a bud that works at one of the local high schools. Since the school was going to be open Tuesday night for other stuff, Bo's friend agrees to let them use the auditorium so they can all get their closure. Wednesday, it is announced that the staff member will be fined. I set up a GoFundMe, and get the cost covered in two hours. I keep it going, and it keeps gaining steam. The news back in Nebraska interviewed me and shit. I say that any excess will be donated to Team Jack.

Look at the last donation:

I checked the email address, and it appears to be one that would belong to him. It isn't a school address or anything, so it could totally be fake. But if someone did it as a joke, they went through the extra step to make it believable. I want to believe that it is real, because that shit is HILARIOUS. I tweeted him, but I doubt that he will respond.
    God, I will continue to love Melvin Gordon after seeing that if this is true. This whole Nebraska thing has been a mess. I'm under the assumption that Husker Nation hates this hire (mostly because I listen to sports talk radio), and I was underwhelmed by the hire as well. Can't wait to see who Michigan gets since nothing has worked for them in the past decade.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Also, @Sarah K thoughts on the playoff rankings?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeDrug View Post
    ooo, backstory. muy caliente

looks i may be shitting the bed here. good luck tonight ladies and edelman
    Not. My QB is lighting up Julio Jones for you. You're welcome!